3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #16
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Happy Monday!!

I had to take my 9 year old little girl to the dr this morning and she has a middle ear infection (boo!) but sent her to school after the dr - and we will get the Rx drops after school/work...felt kinda bad for making her go to school but you gotta do what you gotta do! I have all my vacation days planned out for the rest of the year to coordinate when my kids are out of school so I can spend some time with them! I only have 2 sick days for the rest of the year and wanted to save those if one my kids get really sick...so, feeling kinda like a bad mommy this morning

I had my WI this morning and lost .8 this week - I will take it! Of course, my goal this week was to hit 134.5 so I can officially say I have lost 30 lbs but I weighed in at 134.6! .1 to go to get to 30 lbs!
I'm sure you're a GREAT Mommy....and a HEALTHY one too!!
Hope your daughter feels better soon!

Next weigh-in you'll be doin the "I've lost 30 pounds" dance for sure!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I probably asked you this at some point before but where in MA are you? We're in Foxboro and had a PD day Friday too, but I know a lot of schools still had regular days on Friday.

I love the idea of Chicken Zoodle soup!!
Wow ur close! I'm down the street in Attleboro! GO PATS!!!
__________________
wk 1 -7, wk 2 -3, wk 3 -1.5, wk4 -3, wk 5 -1.5, wk 6 -3,
wk 7 -1, wk 8 -2, wk 9 -2, wk 10 -1.5, wk 11 -1.5, wk 12 -1, wk 13 +1 (day after Thanksgiving ), wk 14 -2, wk 15 0, wk 16 -1


Originally reached goal back in 2011!
disgal is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Started IP 6/12/14
 
kissi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Default

Happy Monday Everyone!!!

I just posted in the alternative foods thread that Quest came out with 2 new flavors of chips!! Sour Cream and Onion and Salt and Vinegar!! Just placed my order today to give these a try!!! I love both of these flavors of regular chips so I'm excited to try them!
__________________


2014: -54 lbs

You last visited: 12-17-2014 at 01:06 PM (WI 138lbs)


UPDATE: 9-9-2015 - Gained 15 lbs in almost 9 months so starting over P1.

WI#1:_____ WI#2:_____ WI#3:_____ WI#4:_____
kissi is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #18
Started IP 6/12/14
 
kissi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 466

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post
Happy Monday!!

I had to take my 9 year old little girl to the dr this morning and she has a middle ear infection (boo!) but sent her to school after the dr - and we will get the Rx drops after school/work...felt kinda bad for making her go to school but you gotta do what you gotta do! I have all my vacation days planned out for the rest of the year to coordinate when my kids are out of school so I can spend some time with them! I only have 2 sick days for the rest of the year and wanted to save those if one my kids get really sick...so, feeling kinda like a bad mommy this morning

I had my WI this morning and lost .8 this week - I will take it! Of course, my goal this week was to hit 134.5 so I can officially say I have lost 30 lbs but I weighed in at 134.6! .1 to go to get to 30 lbs!
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope she gets to feeling better soon. I don't think you are a bad mommy!!!

I bet that .1 lbs will be gone in the morning!! Next week you will have hit 30 lbs for sure!! I love how you have such a positive outlook on your weigh ins!
__________________


2014: -54 lbs

You last visited: 12-17-2014 at 01:06 PM (WI 138lbs)


UPDATE: 9-9-2015 - Gained 15 lbs in almost 9 months so starting over P1.

WI#1:_____ WI#2:_____ WI#3:_____ WI#4:_____
kissi is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #19
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post

Wow ur close! I'm down the street in Attleboro! GO PATS!!!
Well howdy neighbor!!

I'm in Attleboro on Tuesday nights for classes at BCC!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #20
started IP 7/23/14
 
loser58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 162

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Default

I am returning from a wedding in California and thought I would share what worked for me on the trip.

I packed my magic bullet and kept bags of raw spinach in the hotel room fridge so that once a day I could make my spinach chocolate shake. That way I only had to worry about getting 2 cups of veg at meals.

When traveling and on an all day trip to the zoo, i brought the crispy cereal in a plastic container. Added cold water from the soda dispenser, shook it up and there's lunch. The 6 hour flight, both there and back, coincided with dinner, so I brought hard boiled eggs and cut up veggies for my meal (while everyone else paid lots of money for yucky airline sandwiches)

What didn't work so well was the buffets at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. I'd checked ahead of time to see if there would be protein i could eat, but was not prepared for it to be drenched in sauce. I scraped off the sauce and ate a little (just enough to not offend the hosts who had assured me that there would be food for me to eat there). At the first buffet, salads were my friend, as the dressing was on the side. At the second, the salad that looked plain wasn't and the veggies had lots of butter. So I found myself back at the hotel at 10pm cooking a bag of broccoli in the microwave in the lobby!

It was also hard to get the olive oil in without salad dressing, so I took a small container to the hotel restaurant and asked for 2tsp of Olive oil and put it in my shake. The chef thought my request was odd, but was happy to help.

All in all, I am happy to have achieved 98% compliance for the 5 days. I am nervous about the scale though. The dress I bought for the wedding was slightly tighter on the day of the wedding than it was before I left - I am hoping that's the heat. I know in my head that the weight loss has to do with what you eat, but somehow my crazy mind wants it to reflect all the things I turned down, especially the drinks!
loser58 is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #21
Started IP 4/7/2014
 
pishposhappelsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
I am returning from a wedding in California and thought I would share what worked for me on the trip.

I packed my magic bullet and kept bags of raw spinach in the hotel room fridge so that once a day I could make my spinach chocolate shake. That way I only had to worry about getting 2 cups of veg at meals.

When traveling and on an all day trip to the zoo, i brought the crispy cereal in a plastic container. Added cold water from the soda dispenser, shook it up and there's lunch. The 6 hour flight, both there and back, coincided with dinner, so I brought hard boiled eggs and cut up veggies for my meal (while everyone else paid lots of money for yucky airline sandwiches)

What didn't work so well was the buffets at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. I'd checked ahead of time to see if there would be protein i could eat, but was not prepared for it to be drenched in sauce. I scraped off the sauce and ate a little (just enough to not offend the hosts who had assured me that there would be food for me to eat there). At the first buffet, salads were my friend, as the dressing was on the side. At the second, the salad that looked plain wasn't and the veggies had lots of butter. So I found myself back at the hotel at 10pm cooking a bag of broccoli in the microwave in the lobby!

It was also hard to get the olive oil in without salad dressing, so I took a small container to the hotel restaurant and asked for 2tsp of Olive oil and put it in my shake. The chef thought my request was odd, but was happy to help.

All in all, I am happy to have achieved 98% compliance for the 5 days. I am nervous about the scale though. The dress I bought for the wedding was slightly tighter on the day of the wedding than it was before I left - I am hoping that's the heat. I know in my head that the weight loss has to do with what you eat, but somehow my crazy mind wants it to reflect all the things I turned down, especially the drinks!
Sounds like you did fantastic given the circumstances. I admire your planning and resolve! You could just be retaining water from traveling. It's stressful and I know I always feel a little swollen after flying. Don't sweat it.

Speaking of flying, I take off for vacation on Wednesday! Moving to Phase 2 starting tomorrow so I don't have to pack as much food and to also allow for eating out more and the extra protein needed for all the hiking I'll be doing. Looking forward to it!
__________________
2017 reboot:

2014 loss:
pishposhappelsauce is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
started 2/22/11
 
disgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: MA, USA (but in my mind....DISNEY WORLD)!!
Posts: 493

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Well howdy neighbor!!

I'm in Attleboro on Tuesday nights for classes at BCC!
Get out of town!!! We will have to hook up!!
__________________
wk 1 -7, wk 2 -3, wk 3 -1.5, wk4 -3, wk 5 -1.5, wk 6 -3,
wk 7 -1, wk 8 -2, wk 9 -2, wk 10 -1.5, wk 11 -1.5, wk 12 -1, wk 13 +1 (day after Thanksgiving ), wk 14 -2, wk 15 0, wk 16 -1


Originally reached goal back in 2011!
disgal is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #23
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Get out of town!!! We will have to hook up!!
Seriously!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 10-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #24
Member
 
Lucy1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 69

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Default

Hi all,

So nice to read all your victories today! So impressed and inspired to hear the plans of those of you who have been or who are going on vacay. I am leaving for a week's vacation in just under two weeks and am a bit worried about staying 100%. My friend who is my unofficial "coach" (I'm doing alternatives) suggested doing P2 while away, as you will be doing pishposh. I think that is what my best plan of action will be and if I at least maintain while away that will be a success!

I got a new haircut today and I am loving the new style. Usually I do nothing at all with my hair and in general make very little effort with my appearance. It has a lot to do with being self-conscious about my weight and basically trying to blend in with the woodwork. I know weight loss is about far more than vanity/looking good, but one of my advantages of weight loss (Beck) is to both feel AND look better, and not be self-conscious. I decided, why not start now? The same way the food tools I am learning now will help in maintenance, the way I feel about myself will also stay with me and won't magically change once I've lost weight. Hence the new haircut and style, which requires a bit more maintenance but will be worth it to feel and look better every day (my little metaphor for my weight loss. )
__________________


Lucy1014 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2