Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Thanks, SallyE. It really helps coming here and reading and posting. We are all in this together!!
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Regardless of TOM, this diet has made me extremely cranky/moody. I hope my family still loves me when I'm done, because I've snapped at them all at some point.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default FREE SHIPPING at Nashua TODAY ONLY!

on orders $49 and over... use code TODAY49!

Last edited by JLUS; 10-07-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

I'm on week 9 but have been waking up with horrible headaches, almost migraines. Not quite sure if its my allergies or the diet. I get all my salt and oil in everyday....

On another note I kinda have a NSV. Last night I was laying on the couch watching the new Transformers movie, and unconsciously I was playing with my hip bone which is starting to makes its appearance again. I got all excited and almost fell off the couch. My dogs looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person!!! lmao
Old 10-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

I think TOM is messing with me as well. Yesterday afternoon felt kind of crampy, had a major headache (tried salt, didn't work) and was so tired I was in bed before 9pm. Today, totally down in the dumps. The really sad part is that I was done with TOM. Had a 6 month streak with no TOM (I'm 55) and then BAM it came last month. It's funny how I've dealt with this for 40+ years but when the symptoms start up I no longer recognize them. How quickly we forget. Maybe this explains why I didn't get my usual Sunday whoosh.

Last edited by catlady1981; 10-07-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I think TOM is messing with me as well. Yesterday afternoon felt kind of crampy, had a major headache (tried salt, didn't work) and was so tired I was in bed before 9pm. Today, totally down in the dumps. The really sad part is that I was done with TOM. Had a 6 month streak with no TOM (I'm 55) and then BAM it came last month. It's funny how I've dealt with this for 40+ years but when the symptoms start up I no longer recognize them. How quickly we forget. Maybe this explains why I didn't get my usual Sunday whoosh.

I've been on Depo Shots for birth control for over 3 years now, and haven't had one period in those 3 years. But as soon as I started IP, BAM Period for a whole month!!!! I forgot the cramps and pains of TOM, and I for sure don't miss them.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in, not much to report! Feeling good Oh! I think I mentioned that I had a biopsy last week. Got my results yesterday--no cancer! Big load off my mind and happy to move forward towards getting healthy with no obstacles.
At my Dr. apt I was down to 377 but I haven't updated cause it wasn't my official weigh-in. That was last Thursday so I expect I'm down a little more. Wowza.

Sorry for all of you who are feeling sad or hormonal. Big hugs!
Old 10-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #23  
Started IP 6/12/14

My cramps this go around have been BAD and I haven't even started yet. I know it's on its way in though and I'm going to the Mississippi State/Auburn game this weekend so it should be fun dealing with that and having to get to restrooms with it being a TON of people there.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #24  
Started IP 6/12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
I bet you will see a bigger whoosh when it's on the out; maybe break into the next set of decades. My home scale says I'm in the 140s but I don't believe it until my clinic scale says the same.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #25  

I was looking for a alternative potassium, calcium and multi -- I can't seem to find the posting I saw a bit ago on a alternative potassium.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited by alshims; 10-07-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshims View Post
I was looking for a alternative potassium, calcium and multi -- I can't seem to find the posting I saw a bit ago on a alternative potassium.
Here's part, alshims:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...m-citrate.html
Old 10-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Completed my first week. Had my WI and lost 6.2 lbs. Can we buy IP foods online somewhere? They are so expensive at the Clinic but I'm not sure if they are only available at clinics or IP online.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Ugh, yesterday was a bad day for me. I didn't get all of my IP packets in. Back on target today and focused. I made sure to eat breakfast on time which is where I went wrong yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day!
I hate missing mealtimes .. it always screws me up timewise. Especially the evening one as I like to leave at least 90 mins between meal and bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
I'm on day 2...getting my water down with no problems but I am feeling pretty nauseous so far today and I can feel a headache coming on. I had the wildberry yogurt for breakfast with a hardboiled egg and hot tea.
Some of the first week side effects are not nice; but, as everyone keeps saying, this will pass. Just have to stick it out and in a week's time you will start feeling like you're on top of the world (just a bit hungry til that third week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Good morning IPeeps! Had a good chat with my coach this morning. We hashed out basically everything that was discussed on the board yesterday regarding my uncertainty and concerns about my goal weight and when to phase off. She helped me settle on the best course of action, which is what my gut was telling me anyway—to move to P2 next week when I go on vacation, and then reassess when I get back, but with the likely plan of staying on P2 for a couple more weeks after that if all goes well. P2 will make it easier for flying anyway, and I'll be needing the extra protein for the increased activity.

But, clearly my body is telling me something if all I can think about is how much I just want a can of tuna or extra eggs or whatever kind of protein, even after I've eaten my daily allotment. The sweets and carbs don't even cross my mind in those moments, I just want more protein calories. I need to listen to what my body is saying.

Yesterday's daily chat and my coach also helped me take a step back and recognize all of the skills I have picked up, and that clearly I am capable of self control and self awareness around food. Even having this debate with myself and feeling conflicted is a good sign, I think.
Excellent, it's nice to have confirmation from someone who has been working alongside you. We have faith in your ability to make good choices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post

NSV for me today...I am wearing the smallest pair of pants in my closet, size 8, and I definitely need to go shopping for some smaller sized pants!!!! Feels great...I don't remember ever feeling this way!
Size 6 and about to rock it! Congrats. Isn't it the best feeling having clothes that are too BIG? I love it so much, rather than wondering what I can shoehorn myself into!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post

I'm still emotional. TOM is about to be here and the smallest things are setting me off. I just am overwhelmingly SAD and I'm trying to perk up. My brain is still catching up to my weight loss (by catching up, I mean trailing behind). I may go look for some articles to read on the subject in general. I think I'm just in down spirits right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Kissi- I have felt the same way for no reason at all while on this diet. TOM have been very emotionally charged when they never were in the past. It must be toxins and hormones flushing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I'm either super grumpy or super emotional from TOM while I've been on this diet. I'm sure I'm just a JOY to be around. Hopefully, only a couple more months though until I phase off. So, maybe I can try to keep myself in check and keep reminding myself I feel this way because of TOM emotions being amplified.
I absolutely agree with all of you, that the hormones are overwhelming and everything makes me cry so easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
I'm on week 9 but have been waking up with horrible headaches, almost migraines. Not quite sure if its my allergies or the diet. I get all my salt and oil in everyday....

On another note I kinda have a NSV. Last night I was laying on the couch watching the new Transformers movie, and unconsciously I was playing with my hip bone which is starting to makes its appearance again. I got all excited and almost fell off the couch. My dogs looked at me like I was some kind of crazy person!!! lmao
Ugh, sorry about the headaches, that sucks. But, awesome NSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this girl is awake View Post
Just checking in, not much to report! Feeling good Oh! I think I mentioned that I had a biopsy last week. Got my results yesterday--no cancer! Big load off my mind and happy to move forward towards getting healthy with no obstacles.
At my Dr. apt I was down to 377 but I haven't updated cause it wasn't my official weigh-in. That was last Thursday so I expect I'm down a little more. Wowza.
Now THAT is the best news of the day. So happy for you, it must be a huge relief to get positive news back. I think we all dread biopsy results. Full steam ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshims View Post
I found the closest match in the Natural Factors Potassium Citrate. It is identical at 99mg and has only four ingredients compared to IP's 10 (2 of which are in both).

Kind scales today for WI .. down 4.6. Up 0.4 from 2 days ago, but I'll take it. Hubby always says to roll with the higher numbers rather than using the lowest in the week. I didn't agree with him at first, but I sort of see his point that it will come out in next week's numbers anyway if I stay OP.

Nice NSV last night .... when I started IP I barely fit in my bath tub as my thighs were rubbing the sides. Now I have an inch clearance on each side. Sometimes I think the NSVs are more fulfilling than the scale. They certainly make me realise that it's not just about the numbers.

Hope everyone is having a strong and focused Tuesday.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster2014 View Post
Completed my first week. Had my WI and lost 6.2 lbs. Can we buy IP foods online somewhere? They are so expensive at the Clinic but I'm not sure if they are only available at clinics or IP online.
There are people who sell the packets on eBay, but not at a discount - they regulate sale of their branded products pretty closely.

That's why many of us break free from the clinics and use "alternative" products (other brands that meet the same nutritional guidelines as IP products but are much less expensive). The downside is that you won't get the support or accountability from a clinic, those of us on alternatives are doing it completely on your own....it's a trade off.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Today, happiness is finishing 2L plus 8oz of water before 3pm so that I can have an extra cup of coffee! (it's the little things!)
Closed Thread