Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi SallyE: I have done work with children with acquired brain injury. I know that is not the same thing at all, but some of the strategies that work for them may also work in your son's case. Perhaps the structure throughout the day at school helps him focus and 'act appropriately.' At home things may be more casual, and with all this freedom and less structure he may start to show these issues? Just a thought. The families I worked with in conjunction with other professionals had written plans for the whole day at home so that the kids had more structure and knew what to expect at each point in the day. Sounds draconian, but actually eased their minds because nothing was a 'surprise.'
Hugs for anyone having to deal with behavioural issues, it's a toughie!

Liana
Thanks for your input! I have been thinking along the same lines....that the structure at school/football practice for him makes it easy for him to focus and act right. Definitely something I will have to explore!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Jumped on the scale this morning to find a 0 loss. It's one of my first zeros since starting, but my official weigh in isn't till tomorrow. Maybe ill magically lose a pound or anything by then.

Super excited for this weekend, its the Tri Cities annual Buddie Walk for the Down Syndrome. One of my best friends kids has this disorder, but I love him to pieces!!

Hope your Hump day is Great!!!
"Every Day May Not Be Good, But There Is Something Good In Every Day."
Old 10-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi SallyE: I have done work with children with acquired brain injury. I know that is not the same thing at all, but some of the strategies that work for them may also work in your son's case. Perhaps the structure throughout the day at school helps him focus and 'act appropriately.' At home things may be more casual, and with all this freedom and less structure he may start to show these issues? Just a thought. The families I worked with in conjunction with other professionals had written plans for the whole day at home so that the kids had more structure and knew what to expect at each point in the day. Sounds draconian, but actually eased their minds because nothing was a 'surprise.'
Hugs for anyone having to deal with behavioural issues, it's a toughie!

Glad for the good news for your dad, KellyC! The trick is in living right now and not projecting to the next 3 month checkup.
I have been wearing my light scarves with my long sleeved dressy T's the past couple days since it is that perfect blend of bright blue skies and crispy little bite in the air (at least in the mornings). I shall have to take the bright pink knitted Ugg type boots out of the shoe shelving and just go for it now as they aren't useful in the wet. I'm not sure why I bought them (except they are seriously cute) as there is a very narrow window of opportunity to wear them, must be dry and cool, so they aren't very practical.

Liana
I have Uggs too, they're too cute not to buy!! I got lucky last year with a slightly dry winter, so I got to wear them quite a lot.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #19  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Jumped on the scale this morning to find a 0 loss. It's one of my first zeros since starting, but my official weigh in isn't till tomorrow. Maybe ill magically lose a pound or anything by then.

Super excited for this weekend, its the Tri Cities annual Buddie Walk for the Down Syndrome. One of my best friends kids has this disorder, but I love him to pieces!!

Hope your Hump day is Great!!!
"Every Day May Not Be Good, But There Is Something Good In Every Day."
I feel like I'm going to have a slow loss week. Usually a week or two before TOM I see a slow loss and it's about that time. I need to go to the park and walk since I do account some of my weight lost at last WI came from me walking and sweating so much at those past 2 football games. We will see. There is always next week if the scale is slow this week and I'm probably losing inches because all of my 'smaller' clothes in my closet (like my size 8's) are starting to get baggy. Zero complaining coming from me though.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #20  

Yeah I'm at least hoping for inches lost if not pounds
Old 10-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

I have had some ups and downs this week but mostly ups! I have been getting some nice compliments on my weight loss from people who didn't notice much for the first 40 pounds!
I do have those times when I cave though! I so wish I could just stay OP with no unplanned food! Sometimes I get in situations where I have no food and didn't plan to be there, like last night! I so hope that I don't gain tomorrow from it. I didn't today!
Old 10-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #22  

Had my WI today, and even with the crazy race weekend, I'm down 4#'s bringing my total to 22#'s and 15" in 9 weeks. This diet is amazing, now if it would only get rid of hot flashes LOL
Old 10-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattigrr View Post
Had my WI today, and even with the crazy race weekend, I'm down 4#'s bringing my total to 22#'s and 15" in 9 weeks. This diet is amazing, now if it would only get rid of hot flashes LOL
WAY TO GO
Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

I'm having laparoscopic surgery next week to see if I have endometriosis. I talked to the coaches at my center and they said that I should be fine staying on program before/after the surgery and to just have extra protein packets if I'm feeling a need for them. I was wondering if anyone else has had a mild surgery like this while on program and what they did with regards to the diet?

*Disclaimer: I will be talking to the doctor who will perform the surgery to get his opinion/say so on the matter. I'm just curious what others may have experienced to give me an idea of how my body may react to surgery while dieting.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #25  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, I'm 20 weeks into IP and down 75 lbs. The past couple of weeks I've been feeling "eh" about the plan. Not cheating, just less emotionally/psychologically into it. My losses continue to be good despite just going to through the motions. I continue to read this forum and follow the plan. I'm curious if anyone has encountered this before and what you did.

My current plan is to power through it and assume I'll get my mojo back sometime. Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by takers View Post
I'm having laparoscopic surgery next week to see if I have endometriosis. I talked to the coaches at my center and they said that I should be fine staying on program before/after the surgery and to just have extra protein packets if I'm feeling a need for them. I was wondering if anyone else has had a mild surgery like this while on program and what they did with regards to the diet?

*Disclaimer: I will be talking to the doctor who will perform the surgery to get his opinion/say so on the matter. I'm just curious what others may have experienced to give me an idea of how my body may react to surgery while dieting.
Ruth Ann just went through a surgery - she can probably give you direct insight.

One thing I can say is that post-surgery your body is going to be inflammed. Inflammation causes us to retain water....so I would give yourself a little time away from the scale. It's pretty likely that your weight will stall or go up, but just remember that it's only water! As the inflammation goes down, that will ALL flush out Good luck!
Old 10-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
Hi all, I'm 20 weeks into IP and down 75 lbs. The past couple of weeks I've been feeling "eh" about the plan. Not cheating, just less emotionally/psychologically into it. My losses continue to be good despite just going to through the motions. I continue to read this forum and follow the plan. I'm curious if anyone has encountered this before and what you did.

My current plan is to power through it and assume I'll get my mojo back sometime. Thoughts?
I started around the same time as you and I can relate. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I've lost my mojo! I haven't "cheated" maybe gotten a bit lax about eating all my veggies and weighing/measuring my meat, and haven't been taking my supplements. I actually bought more supplements (I was out) on Tuesday and have been taking them. I'm committed to IP, I just need to plan better. For instance', yesterday I was busy so I ate a left over chicken breast for dinner, but that's all I ate!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
I started around the same time as you and I can relate. I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I've lost my mojo! I haven't "cheated" maybe gotten a bit lax about eating all my veggies and weighing/measuring my meat, and haven't been taking my supplements. I actually bought more supplements (I was out) on Tuesday and have been taking them. I'm committed to IP, I just need to plan better. For instance', yesterday I was busy so I ate a left over chicken breast for dinner, but that's all I ate!

I wish I could post a picture I found off Pinterest. But it says "Focus on the good" with a cute little sunflower. I haven't been on the program as long as you but I find myself getting in to the same routine, which works for me right now cause its still kinda new. I'm sure now your becoming bored with the same s*** different day. But I found if you cant stop thinking about it, don't stop working for it. Our bodies can stand almost anything, it's our minds that we have to convince.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

I've been through that. To get re-motivated I buy a new health book which reinforces my dedication to my health and boosts my satisfaction with being on a healthy path like this for so long (this is not my first time on IP). I also go shopping at nice stores and just seeing beautiful clothes that will look good on me when I get to my ideal weight motivates me. Hope that helps.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #30  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:

OMG Rayze..you are so close to your goal. You've averaged a loss of 3.75 lbs/week. And you only have 33 more lbs till goal. That's less than 9 weeks away. By the beginning of December you'll be at your goal. Wow, what an awesome Christmas gift you'll be giving yourself. A great new body, so much better health, not to mention all the wonderful new clothes you'll be wearing. Please don't get discouraged. Try doing something different to distract yourself. Like maybe picking up a new hobby. We're all in this together..you're not alone. Now pick up your chin, pull up your boot straps and continue marching forward. Don't ever look back..a brighter future is almost within your reach

Andi

Closed Thread