Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 394/381/199

Height: 5'5"

Hi all
One full day OP and I'm already feeling a little better physically. I have been so bloated & sluggish from my carb addiction. Last night I had the headache but so far today I'm golden.
Glad to see I had a few people remember me--yay
Old 09-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #32  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizajuse View Post
So we moved and I cheated. Every darn day. Today is the first day I have had an IP meal since beginning of August. I put back on more than half the weight I lost. I am ready to jump back in and I just needed put it out there. I hope I can get back to it!
Way to put it out there. You can get back to it!
Old 09-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Feeling a little under the weather the last couple of days.
Last night I made Mock Cauliflower Fried Rice, and it was actually really good! When I open my fridge and cauliflower and broccoli come pouring out I guess that's a sign that I might just be an addict hahaha!!! Ive become addicted to mashed Cauliflower....

Oh Ive been making my Pumpkin Spiced Lattes every morning. I use half a cup brewed coffee, half a RTD vanilla shake and 2 TBS of Toranis sugar free pumpkin pie syrup. Its so good and way healthier than those Starbucks Lattes.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

scorbett, what spice combo do you use on your roasted cauli?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #35  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!!

Just a couple of quick shout outs....

Lisa, thx for suggesting the Natural Calm.....it seems to be helping!! . Yummy tasting too!

Suzanne (Scorbett).....thx for talking me off the ledge the other day with my 1 lb loss!! Slow and steady wins the race.....already been there and done that....and I should know better!!

Always enjoy reading about everyone's day! YOU'RE ALL SO AWESOME!!

Best wishes!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #36  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy1014 View Post
This is so true, scorbett! I have a history of losing and regaining constantly and in part it is because I've been setting unattainable and unmaintainable goals. I tend to get frustrated if I can't reach the goal or maintain a lower weight and then just give up and go back to unhealthy ways of eating. Even my doctor says I should be at around 125 based on the charts and calculators, but I don't think that will be realistic for me. The lowest I have ever been as an adult is 145, so I've set my goal at 150 and will re-evaluate at that point. That way I'm not setting myself up to fail again if I don't end up being skinny. I think I'm past wanting that by now - just want to be healthy and at a weight I can realistically maintain without spending hours a day exercising.
I tried the Dukan Diet true weight calculator... it gave me 161 lbs.... after asking weight, height, number of diets, overweight tendency in family, frame size.... I am aiming for 150....

The old Met Life tables for my height and weight cite a range of 120 - 145lbs as I recall. 145lbs is definitely the top of the range in that table (that's been around forever). I think I weighed 165 when I got married, and felt sure that I was 20 lbs overweight... but today (30 years later), I think I would feel pretty ok in the 160's.

So like so many others -- I am going to try for 150 and if I have difficulty reaching that goal, maybe I will reconsider. As I get to the 160's I will see how I feel and decide from there.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #37  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexukc View Post
So I'm wondering how people deal with getting a little discouraged when things start to stall early on (I just finished week 7)? I've had two weeks of losses just over 1lb and while I'm happy that number is down, it's still a little discouraging at times when I still have 70+lbs to loose. My inches were also negligible those two weeks. I am following 100% so was hoping my losses would be closer to 2-3lbs a week. Sigh. I guess I just have to keep going and hope next week is better.
I agree with the others -- we have slow weeks and somewhat bigger weeks - you cannot let the scale discourage you. The program works if you work it.

If you want to do something about the small number losses, post your daily food in the thread "What are you eating today IPeeps?" and ask the community to critique your choices. Maybe something is not quite 100%. Are you getting all the water, all the supplements, measuring your veggies (as opposed to eyeball the portions)? Salt and oil daily?
Scrutinize your practices and see if that makes a difference.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #38  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
scorbett, what spice combo do you use on your roasted cauli?
It varies - sometimes I just dust them with paprika, sometimes I use Badia Fajita seasoning, ssometimes just my salt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hi all!!

Suzanne (Scorbett).....thx for talking me off the ledge the other day with my 1 lb loss!! Slow and steady wins the race.....already been there and done that....and I should know better!!

Best wishes!!!
Old 09-24-2014, 01:27 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

My DH isn't a big fan of roasted cauli... he prefers his as raw florets with dip... hmm... dip, that may be why, lol. Although he gets roasted red pepper hummous for the dip or greek yogourt 0% with spices in it. So it's all good, I guess. And actually lower in fat, because I am fairly generous with the flavoured olive oils I use (and grinder pink Himalayan salt) when I roast the cauli.

Liana
Closed Thread