Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #16  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

I tried making the tortillas a couple weeks ago. Mine wouldn't hold together. They tasted great but, when I tried to fold over they fell apart. I didn't cook mine in the oven as suggested. I cooked on really low in a frying pan. The recipe I used suggested using frozen cauliflower so that's what I used. I Riced it in a food processor then cooked in micro til done. Transfer to a kitchen towel to wring out the water( there was a lot of water) Then mixed with the egg spices and cooked.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Morning all!

Struggling to get the scale to stop fluctuating between 193 & 194. I know it is not a stall but it is frustratingly slow. I am using alt products. I am posting on here to keep myself accountable...I have decided to take a break from Quest bars and see if the loss rate stays more consistent. I am just finding that they are too much of a temptation lately to eat more of them than I should.

I am going to try to pick up Syntrax nectar mix to replace for a quick protein besides traditional vanilla whey.

Thanks for the cauliflower tortilla recipe yesterday, Scorbett! Looks pretty easy. Let us know how your test goes.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #18  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
Good Morning,

I tried making the tortillas a couple weeks ago. Mine wouldn't hold together. They tasted great but, when I tried to fold over they fell apart. I didn't cook mine in the oven as suggested. I cooked on really low in a frying pan. The recipe I used suggested using frozen cauliflower so that's what I used. I Riced it in a food processor then cooked in micro til done. Transfer to a kitchen towel to wring out the water( there was a lot of water) Then mixed with the egg spices and cooked.
I wringed mine out with cheesecloth. I've found if I get nearly ALL of the water out they are better to hold together. Mine have wrapped up very nicely. I also cook the cauliflower in the microwave probably longer than in the recipe. I also use my silicone oven mitts to wring out the water since the cauliflower is so hot.

It's a lot of work though. I reserve the cauliflower tortillas for when I'm having serious Mexican cravings.

Last edited by kissi; 09-18-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #19  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Celebrating today! I am starting phase 2 today!!! And I lost 3.5 pounds this past week, weighing in wearing pants and a sweater now that the weather is colder. I am one pound from goal but confident I will lose that in P2. My loss last week is telling me I really could go lower but I feel comfortable right now and not getting comments that I am too thin. I think this is a good spot to be in maintenance.

I now have way to much "stock" in my cupboard. I started purchasing some altos along with my regular IP without telling my coach. Last couple weeks I haven't bought anything. I wonder if she will start to question that. I'll be set for many months of p1 days after my fun day.

This is the first diet I have ever reached goal. I can't believe I did this!!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

way to go ChipnDip!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser58 View Post
sgrealtor1 - what pills do you take in the morning? I only take a multi and potassium with breakfast. I do two cal-mag with my snack (whenever I have it) and all the rest with dinner. I have always had an issue with vitamins on an empty stomach, so when I started IP, I always took them in the middle of the meal.
I take the vitamin, enzymes,potassium and probiotic in the AM and I also added Collegen recently as per my clinic to help with the skin issue... The calcium actually does not bother me at all and I split that up (snack and dinner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post

Celebrating today! I am starting phase 2 today!!! And I lost 3.5 pounds this past week, weighing in wearing pants and a sweater now that the weather is colder. I am one pound from goal but confident I will lose that in P2. My loss last week is telling me I really could go lower but I feel comfortable right now and not getting comments that I am too thin. I think this is a good spot to be in maintenance.

I now have way to much "stock" in my cupboard. I started purchasing some altos along with my regular IP without telling my coach. Last couple weeks I haven't bought anything. I wonder if she will start to question that. I'll be set for many months of p1 days after my fun day.

Woo Hoo Chip Great Job...
Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

WI Today and new stats to show it....Down 3.5

Seriously do not know how that happened LOL.... My next WI is Tuesday my girl is off on Thursday. Planning to wear my winter wardrobe then so that I can do my winter scale reset LOL....
Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #23  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congrats!!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #24  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Hooray SGrealtor and ChipnDip for excellent weigh-ins!!!!!

ChipnDip....I'm getting the "too thin" comments also which are actually quite annoying. Apparently people can comment if it's "too thin" but would never say when I was "too fat"! My face seems to be filling out a little more now that my glycogen reserves are back.....so I think that was part of what was making me look extra thin since I am BY FAR not too skinny at all (still 10 lbs heavier than what I was even in college).

Not only will you enjoy the IP products on P1 days, but I find I like using the protein products as part of my everyday food choices because they are low in carbs, low in calories, and high in protein!
Old 09-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Congratulations ChipnDip!

You have worked hard and stuck with it - congratulations on reaching your goal

Quote:

Old 09-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #26  

With so much talk about cauliflower tortillas, I just bumped a cauliflower thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
Struggling to get the scale to stop fluctuating between 193 & 194. I know it is not a stall but it is frustratingly slow. I am using alt products. I am posting on here to keep myself accountable...I have decided to take a break from Quest bars and see if the loss rate stays more consistent. I am just finding that they are too much of a temptation lately to eat more of them than I should.
Quest bars do the same thing to me. I always say they "taste like more"

Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip

September 18, 2014 - Think Thin Thursday

It can be (very) difficult in the moment to resist eating something, but once the temptation has passed, an hour later, a day later, a week later, you’ll never be sorry you resisted. And DEFINITELY when you get on the scale you won't regret not having eaten more. The hard part is temporary! The great, strong, proud feelings from resisting last so much longer.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-18-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Default Half way to my goal today!

Good to read all the positive posts today! I am exactly half way to my goal at todays weigh in. I admit that it as been a long difficult 16 weeks. I do great all day until my husband gets home, then I cave in and have wine or a cocktail with him at least 3 times a week. I honestly do not know how to stop doing this sabotaging behavior. When he asks me if I would like to sit down and have drink with him, half the time I just say yes.
Any one have some ideas about a good alternative, so I will still feel social but not cheat?
Old 09-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Morning All.

Sounds like a great start to the day for most of us. Go Team!

Grats on the halfway mark chipndip, that's good news to reach the next stage of the journey.

Fairybell How about keeping a bottle of carbonated water in the fridge and a spritz of the sugar-free Nestea iced lemon tea flavouring (we're allowed this) with a slice of lemon? It looks like an alcoholic beverage, tastes nicer than water and may make you feel like you are having a cocktail in comparison.

I'm frustrated today - this endless rain is stopping me from being able to go for my walk. In the 4 years we've lived in El Paso, we've had about 2inches and this year it's relentless - the desert is green!!!!!

After a slow week on the scales (ToM starting) they finally show that my body is shedding all the bloat water and I'm back on track.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I'm thrilled to have my signature at last!

Last edited by Briael; 09-18-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Fairybell, sit down and decompress together, since that is your 'tradition', just get yourself a lovely wine glass and fill it with plain sparkling water and a drop of Mio to fancy it up. Or get yourself a tall Collins glass, muddle mint, add stevia and lime juice, and fill with sparkling water & ice for a 'mockjito.'
Then you get to chat for a bit, "How was your day, etc" and everyone is happy.

Make plans and you will do fine!
Liana
Old 09-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissi View Post
I wringed mine out with cheesecloth. I've found if I get nearly ALL of the water out they are better to hold together. Mine have wrapped up very nicely. I also cook the cauliflower in the microwave probably longer than in the recipe. I also use my silicone oven mitts to wring out the water since the cauliflower is so hot.

It's a lot of work though. I reserve the cauliflower tortillas for when I'm having serious Mexican cravings.
The tortillas are a lot of work and they dirty the food processor, which I hate to do for just 3 tortillas. After going through the process the first time, I was curious if I could make a big batch and freeze them. I left an extra serving (3 tortillas - I make them thin) in the freezer for a few weeks. They came out perfectly. About six months ago I spent a whole afternoon and made four heads worth (around 40 tortillas) at once. I am down to my last serving now and they are just as good as the first ones were.
Closed Thread