Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #31  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

nat1015 - Have you tried some of the GNC muscle milks? Oh my, their chocolate and the cookies'n'cream flavours are every bit as lovely as IP's.

kisses_N_MoonShine and Magzz - Welcome, those are some very motivating first week losses. Downward and onward, ladies!

GraceRev - Feel better soon. I'm already dreading cold and flu season.

ommamma - Now that's the kind of NSV that makes the whole journey worthwhile. Congrats!

Lucy1014 - Keep your chin up, plenty of fluids and you'll be feeling better in no time.

jemma51 - Way to go, congrats! I know I'm going to be excited each time I go down a 10lb marker!

Pauley - Welcome back. It's a new start and fresh perspective all over again. Grats on the great start.

JJTx - Holy moly, that's a great week's number, share your secret?

pishposhappelsauce - I hear you on ToM. I bloat up and feel like I'm carrying a sack of potatoes around my belly. Hope your muscles calm down in the next couple of days and you'll be right back on track next week.

Deana509 - Oh my word, you look fantastic, Deana. Thanks for sharing your pictures, you are my inspiration for this week!

What a fabulous day it is so far. It's been raining all night and my yard is completely flooded but you have all brought the sunshine up for me.

WI week 3 ... 2.4lbs down but ToM has struck so I'm happy for that. Started walking this week (I'm mindful not to break into cardio territory) and feel so much clearer for it. It's helped with the constipation and the fresh air feels good.

My happy dance starts in about 7 hours when I can get my forum signature and tracker. Yay me!

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #32  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm loving all the weight losses for everyone!! Wahoo!

Kissi: I think spending your bonus on some clothes is a great plan! It's amazing how wearing your correct size makes you look different, even a size.

NSV: Saturday my daughter fell and hit her lip on a cooler in my sister's kitchen and bit her lip. She bloodied her lip and I was wearing a white shirt. I quickly took my shirt off and just held her in my bra and capri's so I could comfort her quickly. I asked my sister if she had a t-shirt I could borrow and one that could get possibly stained. She only had mediums so I tried it on...it fit! I didn't know I was able to wear medium tops. LOL
I went shopping yesterday finally to get some more clothes and bought some super cute size medium tops and size 8 petite pants and they all fit perfectly! I saw my mom this morning and she asked me if I had lost more weight and I told her that I hadn't. It's because I'm wearing clothes that fit my body right now...mind you I was wearing 10's so it's not like I was wearing baggy clothes before. I've gone from a tight size 18 to a size 8 since starting IP in February. Crazy!

Hella personal but, I want to ask since I think we are more experts on IP then doctors to be quite honest.
In a nutshell here is the breakdown:
Husband and I can't have bio kids
Our little girl, we did embryo adoption (I carried a embryo we adopted)
There is generally a long waiting list
Embryo's are available right now at a clinic in FL
Because of the availability and timeline, obviously we want to get started in the entire process but, I want to make sure my body is where it needs to be regarding nutrients. I spoke with the doctor and told him what I was doing and the vitamins I was taking, he didn't have any concerns, just recommended that I change my vitamin to a pre-natal. I've started taking it but, wanted to see if there was any other supplement changes I needed to make.
I'm on phase 2 right now and last week lost 3.3lbs from the previous weight. It's the TOM right now so I probably won't see much change on the scale. Ultimately I want the less than 5 lbs gone and to continue to phase. Long term I believe that following maintenance while pregnant will be just fine. Love to hear your thoughts.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post

JJTx - Holy moly, that's a great week's number, share your secret?

No clue! I didn't do anything differently, just followed the program 100%.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #34  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

way to go DEANA509 I love your waiste, way to go
Old 09-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #35  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

recipe for cauliflower pizza please and mashed rhutabaga chicken
Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisses_N_MoonShine View Post
Good morning Everyone , Introduction here (Newbie).

I am new to Ideal protein, Yesterday I went into week 2 of the IP diet. I started at 186.8 on 9/7/14 I weighed in on 9/15/14 early morning and I am down 9.2 lbs at 177.6 very happy at my loss for the first week.

Goal weight 120lbs one day at a time.... *wink*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magzz View Post
Good morning,
I am a newbie as well!
I just started my second week and boy did i have some crazy cravings. Thankfully visiting this site on a regular basis gives me motivation and inspiration to overcome these hurdles.
My first weigh in was Saturday and i am down 9.4 lbs. I couldn't believe it could happened so quickly.

I am super excited to share in the wisdom of all the wonderful people on this site
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I'm baaaaaaaaack!! My lifetime of yo-yo dieting strikes again! I know people here will understand.

I was successful with this program 3 years ago, but fell off the wagon in the last several months and find I've outgrown all my clothes. That wine and cheese was good, but here I am with nothing to wear and a spare tire around my middle that I was so happily living without.

Almost 2 weeks into my re-start, I'm already down 13 lbs and looking much better. I've still got a ways to go before all those pretty size 8's fit, but I know phase 1 will get me there! It's so much simpler than maintenance.

I have been having issues with hunger and being dizzy. I was hungry before, and that doesn't seem too surprising. The vertigo is a little more troubling. I feel like I just stepped off a ride at the fair!

Anyway, hi everyone! Glad to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Y'all I had a "whoosh!" this morning! Not only did the clinic scale catch back up to my home scale but it passed right by, showing 6.8 lbs this week. I am .4 shy of 50 - next week??
Quote:
What a fabulous day it is so far. It's been raining all night and my yard is completely flooded but you have all brought the sunshine up for me.

WI week 3 ... 2.4lbs down but ToM has struck so I'm happy for that. Started walking this week (I'm mindful not to break into cardio territory) and feel so much clearer for it. It's helped with the constipation and the fresh air feels good.
Welcome to Kisses N Moonshine and Maggz, Welcome back Pauley (I totally can relate ) .. I see lots of great losses, Savor them all! JJTx ..that's so awesome next week you will be dancing with joy, I am sure of it! Deana509 I thought I clicked on your post too, but Wow you look beautiful!

Today is my Sunday and just relaxing a bit, going out to ride horses later with a friend. Need to stop and stock up on fresh veggies, I want to try the cauli~hummus recipe. Just copied the cauli tortilla recipe into my "IP notebook" for later.

I hope everyone has a great OP day
Old 09-16-2014, 04:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Deana, thanks for the inspiring pics! You look beautiful in both shots but I just love your confident pose in the current pic, showing off that awesome waistline!
Old 09-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #38  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I'm loving all the weight losses for everyone!! Wahoo!

Kissi: I think spending your bonus on some clothes is a great plan! It's amazing how wearing your correct size makes you look different, even a size.

NSV: Saturday my daughter fell and hit her lip on a cooler in my sister's kitchen and bit her lip. She bloodied her lip and I was wearing a white shirt. I quickly took my shirt off and just held her in my bra and capri's so I could comfort her quickly. I asked my sister if she had a t-shirt I could borrow and one that could get possibly stained. She only had mediums so I tried it on...it fit! I didn't know I was able to wear medium tops. LOL
I went shopping yesterday finally to get some more clothes and bought some super cute size medium tops and size 8 petite pants and they all fit perfectly! I saw my mom this morning and she asked me if I had lost more weight and I told her that I hadn't. It's because I'm wearing clothes that fit my body right now...mind you I was wearing 10's so it's not like I was wearing baggy clothes before. I've gone from a tight size 18 to a size 8 since starting IP in February. Crazy!

Hella personal but, I want to ask since I think we are more experts on IP then doctors to be quite honest.
In a nutshell here is the breakdown:
Husband and I can't have bio kids
Our little girl, we did embryo adoption (I carried a embryo we adopted)
There is generally a long waiting list
Embryo's are available right now at a clinic in FL
Because of the availability and timeline, obviously we want to get started in the entire process but, I want to make sure my body is where it needs to be regarding nutrients. I spoke with the doctor and told him what I was doing and the vitamins I was taking, he didn't have any concerns, just recommended that I change my vitamin to a pre-natal. I've started taking it but, wanted to see if there was any other supplement changes I needed to make.
I'm on phase 2 right now and last week lost 3.3lbs from the previous weight. It's the TOM right now so I probably won't see much change on the scale. Ultimately I want the less than 5 lbs gone and to continue to phase. Long term I believe that following maintenance while pregnant will be just fine. Love to hear your thoughts.

Hooray on size medium tops and size 8P pants!!!! My hubby and I had infertility and ended up doing treatments for my son and IVF for my daughter. We donated our remaining embryos for adoption that we couldn't use because of health issues during my pregnancy....it is such an amazing journey how science can help others!

I was always on TONS of meds during my treatment cycles and my docs generally just wanted me to avoid caffeine, take a prenatal and didn't worry too much about anything else until a positive beta. I would talk more with an OB about IP mainitenance. You may find you need more carbs than traditionally allowed on P4 just because our bodies really do change metabolically during pregnancy. I am so excited for you!!!!

Last edited by evemomma; 09-16-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Lisa, What are your current favorite Syntax Nectar flavors? I bought a sample of the chocolate. I found it to be too watery but I felt really satisfied after having it so I want to try other flavors. The truth is that the IP chocolate drink has ruined me forever. I don't think I'll ever like another chocolate protein drink. I'm thinking I might like flavors that are supposed to be more watery (like the lemonaide).
I feel the same way about shakes made from IP pudding mix. They've ruined me because they're so creamy.

I prefer the fruity Syntrax Nectar due to the watery consistency. Orange drink, grapefruit drink, Twisted Cherry. I'll be buying the lemonade next but I still have almost a full container of a mixture of orange & grapefruit.

I tried a couple other flavors and don't like how thin they are. Fruity works for me!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #40  

Quote:
nat1015 - Have you tried some of the GNC muscle milks? Oh my, their chocolate and the cookies'n'cream flavours are every bit as lovely as IP's.
Briael, where do you find the muscle milk cookies n' cream? Is it the "Muscle Milk 100"? That's what I drink, but have never seen that flavor. Sounds amazing.

Thanks.

Last edited by AusTex; 09-16-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #41  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTex View Post
Briael, where do you find the muscle milk cookies n' cream? Is it the "Muscle Milk 100"? That's what I drink, but have never seen that flavor. Sounds amazing.

Thanks.
Although it's higher in protein (so I tend to only use 1 scoop instead of the 3) I use the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. I think it's in five flavours, but I like the chocolate and the cookies and cream.

Hubby does all the research on what amounts so it balances carbs and protein over the day, and he says these are fine for an occasional change. We tend to share a scoop's worth if our walking tracker says we walked too fast, or we are light on dinner protein (I think stores should be made to package meats in 8 oz portions LOL).

It must be working though, because I gained muscle mass this week!

Last edited by Briael; 09-16-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:57 PM   #42  

Default raspberry ketones

Does anyone have a opinion on taking Raspberry Ketone supplements ? Along with the IP supplements provided by our coach ? Will it possibly "hurry " the weight loss process along ?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #43  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
I have been having issues with hunger and being dizzy. I was hungry before, and that doesn't seem too surprising. The vertigo is a little more troubling. I feel like I just stepped off a ride at the fair!

Anyway, hi everyone! Glad to be back.
I had my first experience with major dizziness on my way to do groceries this past weekend. I really struggled to get the shopping done. I did a couple of hot shots (lick the salt off your hand with a water chaser) when I got home and I was fine within about 20 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
I want to make sure my body is where it needs to be regarding nutrients. I spoke with the doctor and told him what I was doing and the vitamins I was taking, he didn't have any concerns, just recommended that I change my vitamin to a pre-natal. I've started taking it but, wanted to see if there was any other supplement changes I needed to make.
I just remember making sure I took folic acid. But can't remember if that was when I was trying to get pregnant or after I was. I couldn't handle all the iron in my prenatals so just had a regular multivitamin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaf View Post
Does anyone have a opinion on taking Raspberry Ketone supplements ? Along with the IP supplements provided by our coach ? Will it possibly "hurry " the weight loss process along ?
IP is pretty quick all on its own!
Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 151/133/120

Height: 5'1"

Had my weight in today. Down a lbs. Was hoping for more but it is a step forward.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #45  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaf View Post
2-4lbs a week not fast enough for you?

No, you can't hurry the process by taking raspberry ketones. The body is going to do what it's going to do, at its own pace. Just stick to the program 100% and let it work it's magic!
Closed Thread