Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #16  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Welp, I forgot all of my IP food at home this morning...guess I'll be having dinner for lunch and lunch and snack later than normal.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #17  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the recipe, Liana!

PishPosh....any chance you could make a run to a drugstore for an EAS shake? Hang in there!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
Kelly - You will be fine. Many of the IP bars have 15 or more net carbs and the raspberry jelly has 20 protein. Just count it as your restricted item for the day.
Thank you! I was worried.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #19  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Thanks for the recipe, Liana!

PishPosh....any chance you could make a run to a drugstore for an EAS shake? Hang in there!!!
I could, but the week I had worked them into with my regular stuff I had major hungries...I know many people use them without a problem, so it may have been something else but I'm not sure if I want to buy a pack. I'm not too worried about switching things up today and being to stay OP.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

canadjineh
Thank you for the recipe. It sounds wonderful. The hubby, oldest son, and I are heading to Valdez, AK next Thursday for camping and fishing and I was trying to think of something filling, hearty, and warm to eat on the trip. I think that I may have found it. I have a lot of prep work between now and then so we can stay OP through the weekend. We will be doing lots of walking, hiking, biking, ect.. Do you know what the protocol is for adding protein or veggies if one is really active? Thank you again.

Oh and my official weigh in is tomorrow but my scale today showed me at 202.4 which is 1.4 down from my last weigh in. I hope I have a whoosh today/tonight.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #21  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all!! I hope everyone has a great day. I'm working some Quest Chips and Quest Bars into my repertoire in lieu of IP foods to save on costs. I have a WI tomorrow and I'm feeling okay about it. I never know how it will go until I get on the scale and see the numbers. TOM hasn't come yet but it should be here in a few days so I won't be expecting a big loss tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #22  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I could, but the week I had worked them into with my regular stuff I had major hungries...I know many people use them without a problem, so it may have been something else but I'm not sure if I want to buy a pack. I'm not too worried about switching things up today and being to stay OP.
That's a bummer, but you have a great attitude!

You might try keeping some extra packets at work, in your car, etc. for times when you need them. I've had the stashed packs save me more than once.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
canadjineh
Thank you for the recipe. It sounds wonderful. The hubby, oldest son, and I are heading to Valdez, AK next Thursday for camping and fishing and I was trying to think of something filling, hearty, and warm to eat on the trip. I think that I may have found it. I have a lot of prep work between now and then so we can stay OP through the weekend. We will be doing lots of walking, hiking, biking, ect.. Do you know what the protocol is for adding protein or veggies if one is really active? Thank you again.

Oh and my official weigh in is tomorrow but my scale today showed me at 202.4 which is 1.4 down from my last weigh in. I hope I have a whoosh today/tonight.
When I went camping, I made a bunch of soup purees up ahead and froze them to use as my ice blocks. I also bought the frozen spinach in cubes so when I wanted to add some to something, I could just grab a serving or two.
I would definitely add an extra something when hiking etc. If you had IP chips or something light to put in the backpack that would be easiest. If you want more filling eggs is the easiest protein to add so maybe you could boil some to have as a snack if needed and just store them in the carton. I always buy the plastic carton eggs when camping so they can get wet as ice melts. Xtra veggies like celery would travel well. I think a Rotini salad with celery, peppers, WF Italian dressing and perhaps a bit of tuna would be filling too.

Last edited by IP43; 08-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Someone asked yesterday how to measure a cup of things like asparagus. You can either do the large measuring cup with water trick, or use your food scale. This website shows how much a pound of each vegetable is in terms of cups. No idea how accurate it is, but it should give you a good ballpark. (In case the link doesn't come through for some reason, I googled "how to measure vegetables" and it was the fourth link down.)

http://www.almanac.com/content/measu...tables-recipes

Last edited by NotCoolEnough; 08-07-2014 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #25  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

13 Week Weigh-in today - down 2.8 for a total of 54lbs! This is my halfway mark - woo hoo!

I feel very relieved that I finally woke up and am dealing with my weight!
Old 08-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 216.6/189.5/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
OK...got it! Quest bars aren't IP but many of them meet the requirements as a restricted. I LOVE them! I'm wondering if you are not getting enough calories for your activity level? IP wants us to shelf cardio while we are on P1 as we supposed to "just give our bodies one thing to do a at a time". Are you an avid cyclist, or do you exercise heavily?

I'm wondering if IP is the right plan for you.
I am a triathlete but an injured one. I had this ride planned forever as I do it with a group of girlfriends so I decided I would chance it and go. I have just been walking so far but have a few half marathons coming up. It is certainly a challenge and my coach suggested adding a protein on days I need to train.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lisa - I just googled thyroid issues and was surprised about how many symptoms I have. Most noticeable to me is my need to nap. I always love an afternoon nap, but these days I am exhausted and instead of a 20 min cat nap am having a 2 hr siesta. I still never feel refreshed. I always think that I'll 'catch up' on sleep in the summer, but I feel more tired than ever. Do you have a good website or book that you recommend? I think I'll make a dr. appt. but until I can get in to see her, just wondering if anyone has helpful tips for thyroid issues.
Yes I do but they're at home and I'm at work (yes, teacher where I work are already back at work and school starts Monday). I'll get those for you later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
OH NO!!!! I just realized that I "accidentally" drank an EAS Complete Protein Drink this morning!!! I bought them yesterday and they were in the spot where the Advantage Carb Control drinks should have been. I didn't notice that they were different until I just went to put a splash in my coffee. I wasn't quite awake this morning when I drank a whole container!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have 170 cals, 15 net carbs and 20 protein!!! Did I screw up??? Will it knock me out of ketosis? I'm seriously freaking out!!!
Calm down. The world hasn't ended.
Count it for your restricted & call it a day. Follow the sheet for the rest of the day. You're good.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #28  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Someone asked yesterday how to measure a cup of things like asparagus. You can either do the large measuring cup with water trick, or use your food scale. This website shows how much a pound of each vegetable is in terms of cups. No idea how accurate it is, but it should give you a good ballpark. (In case the link doesn't come through for some reason, I googled "how to measure vegetables" and it was the fourth link down.)

http://www.almanac.com/content/measu...tables-recipes
That was me...thank you!!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #29  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post
13 Week Weigh-in today - down 2.8 for a total of 54lbs! This is my halfway mark - woo hoo!

I feel very relieved that I finally woke up and am dealing with my weight!
WTG!! We have similar stats so this post is really motivating for me!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #30  
IP Start 8/5/2014

S/C/G: 210/208/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Newbie

So thankful to have found this forum! Will be very helpful in my IP success
Closed Thread