Old 08-08-2014, 09:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

I have been trying to figure out the carb fat mix but I usually try to avoid carbs as much as possible anyways. I usually have aweight watchers bagel or English muffin in the morning. I was putting almond butter on it but probably not good considering it is fat. I figured a smear wouldn't be much. I have fruit only in the morning.

I have been tracking my food. I have been enjoying more wine since reaching my goal which could be the problem but it doesn't seems to be that much. I have those small Icecream bars as a treat that are 90 calories and not every day.

I had surgery a month ago and can't do much as a result of it which is frustrating as well.

I have not done a phase 1 day after a day of overdoing things which Might be what is also happening. I guess I need to really buckle down and figure it out to get back down.
Blondi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #17  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I've found it doesn't really matter at breakfast (within reason of course!) if you mix the fat & carbs, it's lunch and dinner that are important.

You might try a P1 day after overdoing and see if that helps. I hear you on not being able to do much activity - I'm still in physical therapy and it's slow progress. Amazing how much work it takes to get muscles back in shape once you let them go.

Hang in there - you'll get it figured out!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 08-08-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Fruit alone in the morning is setting you up for "sugar crash hungries"... Breakfast is where it is important in maintenance to eat a bit of everything - you need to jump start your body after fasting all night. Almond butter on your toast or English muffin is a good thing, but you also need more protein to slow the absorption of the carbs. Remember your P3 breakfasts...

I find it is important to track every bite that goes into your mouth or there will be forgotten stuff that really adds up. Measuring is key - are you eyeballing your 'glass' of wine and thinking it's a 4 or 6 oz serving? Wine glasses these days are very deceptive - try pouring a proper serving amount in a measuring cup and then pouring that into your fave wineglass to really see how much it holds. Are you measuring your ice cream into a little bowl, or eating it out of carton and assuming it's 1/2 a cup, lol.
BTW if you haven't been doing a P1 (or P2) day after your excesses, that is just asking for trouble .
If you add one day, and then maintain the next, what do you get? formula looks like this:
+===+===+=== your trend can only be up.
s/b like this +-=====+-==== so that your up days are balanced by down days. Then you maintain. To re-lose a larger amount you need to reset - so that may take a while of P1...

Anyhow, you've realized what the problem is...and you have the tools to fix it... don't forget to separate the fats/carbs at lunch & dinner in maintenance once you reset. If you find you have a hungry time regularly like mid-afternoon for example, have a low fat protein snack for then.

Join us on the maintainers threads to get a bit more encouragement and ideas on how to maintain successfully.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote