Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #16  
Started IP 1/30/14

S/C/G: 281/173/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good afternoon everyone! First day of in-laws visit...going to be a challenge, but i'll deal. Had tp restrain myself when father-in-law (whom I love) decided to tell me he was getying "very concerned" about my pre-IP soda consumption (this from an overweight, over-eating person). I told him drinking excess soda is indeed unhealthy, AS IS a high-fat, high-carb diet..
ahem....

Ah well....
no one likes to be judged. Wish me peace and patience!
I wish you much peace and patience, and my sympathy! My in-laws are visiting and I've had several difficult moments with them relating to my current way of eating. Plus, I love having my mother-in-law analyze and comment on everything I eat. So fun!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone...

Working again and it's going to be a long day. On the road by 9:30 and last appointment is at 6:00 tonight .. wont be home before 7:30. Cooler is packed and with me so I should be fine. Just need to get more water in. I am a hop on the scale often kinda gal and noticed I was up significantly from earlier in the week...wonder if it was because I did not drink much water yesterday...today I will over load my system LOL

Have a 23oz poland spring water bottle on my desk and just switched it up with a bit of Mio....

Wearing a tighter (on purpose) fitting outfit today. Feeling good in it, although again no one in the office has mentioned lol...that's ok I am over 20 lbs down....

My trip is 10 days away....Need to keep motivated....
Old 08-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ahah! Now I know the reason behind my being one of several who have been asked to do a video... new email states that it's because I was fairly interactive on the IP comment/question boards and they feel I can help others become more 'engaged' in the process of using IP as a stepping stone to maintenance and continuing on a healthy path. That clears up a few of the questions I had...

Liana
Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'5"

Anyone else think that 3FC should become an app??
Old 08-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Welcome iron woman. I'm at home with a sick kid today-boo. We are watching Snow White for the 100th time ( ok maybe not 100 but it seems like it-lol). Hope everyone has a great day OP.
This is how I feel with my two year old son and the movie Cars with Lightning MaQueen.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome Iron Woman and Ruby!

Ruby, depending on your initial weight, I found that I had to start buying new clothes after I lost close to 50lbs. You've done awesome in your first 3 weeks. Keep it up.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Grandparent's arrived just now at the cottage, which is just in time. I'm sick of my kids
Old 08-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
I do!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #23  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcart1618 View Post
My coach said there is an online food diary coming... I would assume they would have a mobile app as part of that... but you never know, and there is no clue when it is coming.

Liana:
Quote:
Ahah! Now I know the reason behind my being one of several who have been asked to do a video... new email states that it's because I was fairly interactive on the IP comment/question boards and they feel I can help others become more 'engaged' in the process of using IP as a stepping stone to maintenance and continuing on a healthy path. That clears up a few of the questions I had...
Sounds like IP might be checking out 3FC's IP community, and not just their FB etc. Good business practice by IP to do that - I hope they use the gathered intelligence to make the customer experience better (e.g., doing video's with successful IP'ers like you) and to make their business more efficient -- not to create rules that make IP participation too restrictive. Wonder what the company wide required box purchase at IP is now? Someone posted a reference to this... the expired packets thread I think. And I was just beginning to figure out the alternative products I want to incorporate in my program to save money....
Old 08-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #24  

I wanted to post a picture of the quilt I made for my oldest son. We are standing in front of it while it is displayed at our local fair. It won 2nd place and he loves his quilt.

Julian and his mom..jpg
Old 08-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #25  

The last two weeks for me have been such a struggle. I do not know if its because of my period or what but I am having a hard time staying away from things that I should not eat. I start everyday 100% OP then by the late afternoon or evening I am into something not good for me. I know that it will show up at my next weigh in. I was working full time the last time I did IP and now I am at home most of the time so I know that is one reason I am struggling so much. I need to come up with a list of things to do to keep me away from bad things.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #26  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby11 View Post
Thanks all for the suggestions, I guess I have to stop being lazy in the kitchen and I think I will totally start splitting my main meal as days I work are killer as I eat all but my last meal away from home and have a physical job.

One last question...how do you prepare the chili? There's no info on the pack...
Here is the prep info for the Chili, per one of the official IP sites - I have not made this yet because it is a restricted item and so it prevents me from having a bar or other restricted item that same day.... I know that cooking the rotini longer than the box instructions call for suits me better - that may be true with the Chili too. If so, maybe a bit more water will be needed... I am not sure.

Stove Top: Pour 170 ml (5-6 oz) of cold water in a small saucepan and add the contents of one packet. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Microwave: Pour 170 ml (5-6 oz) cold water into a microwave-safe bowl and add contents of one packet and cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Tell us how it comes out for you!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post

Wonder what the company wide required box purchase at IP is now? Someone posted a reference to this... the expired packets thread I think. And I was just beginning to figure out the alternative products I want to incorporate in my program to save money....
I didn't have a problem using some alternatives while I was on P1 and regularly at my clinic. I did have to do a special custom intro kit because I couldn't use their vitamins and at that time most of the foods had gluten or at least were not able to be labeled Gfree. I ended up with a lot of puddings, mango & wildberry yogourt drink packets and broccoli Cheddar soup along with the omelette packets. I looked into my own alternatives such as vegan protein smoothie powders and using 1 egg with egg whites for an omelette, etc. I didn't specifically discuss this with my coach, but randomly bought packages of IP stuff I liked while mixing it up with alts. My diary just said things like omelette or mango drink under IP food. I didn't put that it was 'real' egg, or Vega Tropic Tango protein smoothie. I understand why the gov't wants them to sell by the box unless things are changed on the packets to reflect the Nutrition Facts and other info on the box. Our clinic does have an exchange basket though, since they are not 'selling' them separately.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #28  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I didn't have a problem using some alternatives while I was on P1 and regularly at my clinic. I did have to do a special custom intro kit because I couldn't use their vitamins and at that time most of the foods had gluten or at least were not able to be labeled Gfree. I ended up with a lot of puddings, mango & wildberry yogourt drink packets and broccoli Cheddar soup along with the omelette packets. I looked into my own alternatives such as vegan protein smoothie powders and using 1 egg with egg whites for an omelette, etc. I didn't specifically discuss this with my coach, but randomly bought packages of IP stuff I liked while mixing it up with alts. My diary just said things like omelette or mango drink under IP food. I didn't put that it was 'real' egg, or Vega Tropic Tango protein smoothie. I understand why the gov't wants them to sell by the box unless things are changed on the packets to reflect the Nutrition Facts and other info on the box. Our clinic does have an exchange basket though, since they are not 'selling' them separately.
Thanks for the additional info Liana -- I know that each IP office has to earn their profit margin in order to pay the coaches and office space rental, advertising, etc., and probably some franchise or licensing fee to corporate. So I expect to need to buy some number of IP products to continue coaching services and use of their member dashboards, videos, etc. My concern is that the company might be moving dictating a minimum food purchase each week in order to ensure that the coaches do generate enough profit to make a profit. I hope that does not happen, but I would bet that IP must realize that there are alternative foods, and in fact, 3FC has a very public presence of plenty of successful participants who made their goal thru use of alternatives.

This time, having gained so much weight in the past 2 years, I need to make this investment over at least 9 months to lose 90 lbs. Right now I am aiming for a loss of 50, but that's just a notable milestone that is more than halfway to goal. I am 'all in' with the protocol for the long haul, but I probably need to find a mix of IP and alternative foods to reach my goal. I plan to quietly do this, as you describe, after another month or so. I will cross fingers and hope it works for me!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #29  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I was just having asparagus tonight for dinner and started thinking: how do you guys measure vegetables? Some veggies are obviously easy to measure but things like asparagus...not so much. I just tend to guesstimate. I weigh my protein every night but fudge the vegetables most of the time.

Last edited by nat1015; 08-06-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #30  

Can you have silver noodles on the ideal protein diet?
Closed Thread