Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Schnectady....please share a picture of your dress!!!!!

PishPosh.....That pound will be gone before you know it! Just keeping swimming! (she sings in her best morning voice)

Caressme....Way to go on 2.8 lbs gone!!!!

I started MyFitnessPal yesterday.....OK....something deliciously fun about seeing all the nutrional info pop up. Of course, it kept giving me all these warnings that my caloric intake was too low- but no way to program it in for IP. I can see this being a healthy addiction for me - much better than micromanaging the scale.

I am going to get into TURBO cleaning mode as my in-laws are coming for two weeks (TWO WEEKS!) starting today. Luckily, they are totally supportive of my diet and are much more adventurous eaters than my family, so I know I will be able to cook a lot of the same things for them that I need to eat anyway.

Anyone have a good pork tenderloin recipe? My kids and hubby are very picky meat eaters....so I haven't made that on IP, but I'm craving some new recipes!

Take care all....off to deep clean my kitchen (yay....sigh).
I am a technological illiterate. I have tried to post a before and after with no success so my odds of getting pictures posted is limited!
Old 08-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hugs, Anniepoo! Glad your surgery went well, and 'Clarence' has 'left the building.' The nausea is probably your body still dealing with dumping the anasthetic - just do what you can to stay hydrated and nourished...IP is for when you can manage it again. Enjoy your forced rest as much as possible.

Liana
Old 08-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #18  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

5 dollars off Nashua Nutrition orders. Code: AUG5OFF
Old 08-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #19  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Schenectady -- we want pix of you in that gown this Fall! You can do this!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #20  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

AnniePoo.....so good to know you are doing well. You are tough cookie! Just eat what you can tolerate....like Liana said, IP is not priority. I love ME some Top Model marathons also! I had two pregnancies on bedrest and watched SO MANY of those seasons!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #21  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am a technological illiterate. I have tried to post a before and after with no success so my odds of getting pictures posted is limited!
When you have your pictures ready to post - PM me and I'll help you do it -- you can call me and I will walk you thru it, or give you my email so you can send them to me and I'll post them for you. I am sure there are others who would help, too, but I'm in -- just lemme know!!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #22  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Morning all! I hope everyone has great day!!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking in. I'm four days post-surgery now. On Friday I had a golf-ball sized benign tumor that my surgeon graciously ripped from my breast. Today was the first day I could shower, so it's the first day I saw what I look like now. Y'all can just call me "Frankenboobie." I'm assured that it will return to "normal" soon, though I don't really know what normal is since I'm pretty sure all 39 pounds that I have lost came from my chest. Seriously.

Recovery is going okay. It's been... interesting. I didn't expect to be so nauseated. I can't keep the pain pills down to save my life, so I'm relying on ice and mediocre television to keep the pain at bay. I can't keep any IP stuff down either, alas, including the supplements. So far I can keep down a little bit of bread and crackers and Sprite. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. I'm in survival mode here, and I'll get back to IP asap.

I have four kids, including a 7 year old with autism. They are all with their grandparents until Thursday, which is lovely. Hubby is away on business, so I'm all alone. It's working out for me--I sleep when I want to sleep and I watch America's Next Top Model marathons when I don't. Haha. I love and miss my kids, but holy cow is it nice not to have to be a special needs mommy for a few days and just focus on getting well!

So, that's my long-winded report. Thanks so much for all the well-wishes. I"m doing great and getting better every day. And I'm convinced that the tumor weighed 20 pounds, so when the swelling goes down I'll be fully into one-derland. Yeah... Hey, a girl can dream!
Glad you are on the mend.... Take care of yourself and you can get Back on track once your recovered....
Old 08-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #24  
oneuh2

Default Tuesday brings another pancake experience

Good day all!

I started out this morning to make sweet waffles from the vanilla pudding mix -- got a good batter worked out following the recipe I found in the first IP Sticky Thread, and I decided to grate some zuke to go into it... went to pick up the zuke from a bowl on the dining room table where I put it after bringing it from the garden yesterday... apparently during the night my 2 month old kitten, Bogey, had chewed the end off of it!!! He is a pistol! I cut off the chewed end and prepared a cup of shredded zuke to add to the batter - then I thought I would try baking it in the waffle maker.... I put half in the waffle maker and when the indicator showed it to be done, I opened the lid and found it had turned to a lacey waffle and it was not yet done. It took a good 10 mins I think for it to really bake and hold together.

Meanwhile I made the other half as a pancake, let it cook for a good ten minutes on the griddle, and ate it with WF Maple Syrup. The addition of the zuke was just fine, and the end result was yummy.... not to mentin a memorable experience getting it from packet to plate!

.... you guys must think I am a lousy cook.....

Actually, I am not too bad at cooking (good enough to overeat my way to needing the IP program), but I am pretty rusty at pancakes, waffles and most baking. These packet transformations are fun to try, and I'll figure them out long before I reach goal weight!
Old 08-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 188/136/135 reboot165/151/125

Height: 5'2

Anniepoo I am glad Clarence is gone and you are on your way resting and healing!! I am a special needs mom as well with 3 kids at home so I know how how nice it must feel to just take care of you right now!! I wish you a speedy recovery

Last edited by muahahaha; 08-05-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #26  
oneuh2

Anniepoo -- I am sure you must feel good to have the surgery in the rearview mirror -- it must be a great relief.
So glad you are having some real 'me time' to focus on your recovery. Thanks for sharing your status report -- take care of you and get well soon!
Old 08-05-2014, 02:18 PM   #27  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
MyfitnessPal fusses at me every day for not getting enough calories! lol

We've done pork tenderloin in the crockpot with WF bbq sauce, I'll be curious to see what everyone else does.

Had my WI this morning - 4 pounds gone for good! I won't weigh in again for two weeks because we'll be on vacation. Talked through strategies with my coach and I think I'm good to go.
It's been awhile since I used MFP, but I believe you can go into preferences and set calories and percentages for protein, fat, carbs.
Go to Home, then Goals (right under Home after you click Home)
and at the bottom there's a box called Change Goals. Use custom to make your changes.
However - since we don't NEED to track calories or carbs or protein, etc - we just need to follow the sheet, it's not important to modify the goals. I just got tired of the fussing it does and changed the goal to 1000 and got about 1/2 the fussing :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
It's been awhile since I used MFP, but I believe you can go into preferences and set calories and percentages for protein, fat, carbs.
Go to Home, then Goals (right under Home after you click Home)
and at the bottom there's a box called Change Goals. Use custom to make your changes.
However - since we don't NEED to track calories or carbs or protein, etc - we just need to follow the sheet, it's not important to modify the goals. I just got tired of the fussing it does and changed the goal to 1000 and got about 1/2 the fussing :-)
I changed my goals a few days ago, I still get fussed at.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #29  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
Good morning folks! I see everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Keep it up! I left for vacation in Vegas last night. I had packed an entire bag of nothing but bars, shake powder, and BBQ chips so that I could be as prepared as possible this week. As we are at the baggage claim, I realize all of our luggage is there EXCEPT the small bag of food. Turns out it never even got loaded into the car! That's what I get for packing at the last minute and rushing I guess.
I had my weigh in yesterday morning and was down 5 pounds for the week so I'm super nervous to be out here with out my "tools". My plan is to eat as lean and green as possible and stay away from as many carbs as I can....does anyone have any advice?! I'm here until Saturday and super stressed this morning! I can't let food keep running my life but I've been so proud of myself that I do t want to screw it up now. I have yet to leave this town less than five pounds heavier than when I landed. Suggestions?!
I saw someone already suggest alternatives, EAS Carb Advantage shakes are good and can be found at a lot of grocery stores or WalMart usually. Super Supplements has Syntrax Nectar powder if you can find one there, and GNC has Quest Bars. I just wanted to share that flying for a length of time can cause water retention, so don't be discouraged if you haven't lost as much as you would expect when you first get home. Give your system some time to reacclimatize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
I changed my goals a few days ago, I still get fussed at.
LOL we should start calling it "Mom" It's been a while (too long) since I used it... I should start again.

Wow second time I hit send and didn't get my thoughts to you Anniepoo. Thank you for the update. I'm sending the positive thoughts and so glad you can relax for a while. You need to focus on healing. Keep posting and stay active on the boards as you can, but don't worry about the food for now.

Last edited by Halfagain; 08-05-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi all,

Annie, wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope the pain diminishes and you are able to keep food down soon.

Eva- pork tenderloin recipe- baste entire tenderloin with Dijon mustard, place in pan with close sides, I use a ceramic oven dish. Pour in WF maple syrup, I usually make a small loin so one packet is enough. Sprinkle with herbs of choice, I use herbs du Provence and dried onion. It is delish!
Closed Thread