Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 03:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Noodles, I was losing well in the spring, then got off the plan for several weeks during the summer. I gained back some of my weight. I have been back on since July 7, but it "feels" like I'm not losing as fast as I was before.

I've been thinking on it, and I have identified a few things-- I've gotten sloppy with measuring my foods. I have been "eye-balling" and thinking "yeah, that looks like two cups" more than I ever did back in the spring. So, I'm recommitting to measuring everything.

Also, I've gotten out of the habit of taking all my supplements. I had set my phone to give me reminders at the the noon meal and evening meal. Through the summer weeks off plan, I got used to ignoring those chime/reminders. In the last few weeks, I've been hit-or-miss on taking the supplements... sometimes forget to do the noon ones and sometimes forget to do the evening ones. I usually remember my morning meds, but forget the vitamin type supplements later in the day.

I do better if I divide my protein meat between lunch and dinner-- 3-4 ounces with lunch, then 3-4 ounces at dinner/supper. Maybe it would help to try that?
Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Just a few tips I've learned (from these boards) to use for those times when I'm away from home or work....

Purse emergency kit-- I purchased a little vinyl zip bag to put in my purse. I would estimate it to be about 4"x 7"?? It's clear pink vinyl and I THINK I got it at Walmart in the section with make-up bags.

I put a couple of WF individual salad dressing packs and a couple of protein drink mix pouches in the bag. I have a LOT of difficulty opening those little WF salad dressing pouches, so I also put a pair of mini-scissors in there for cutting the corners on the WF pouches. At first I was putting a Leatherman Squirt knife/tool thing in there because it had a little pull-out that was mini-scissors. Then, I found a tiny sharp pair of scissors in the needlework/sewing section of Walmart.

I didn't like keeping those items "loose" in my purse and I like it better contained together in the zip pouch.

Also, for the drink mixes, I have learned to be a "picky" customer and ask for HALF of a glass of water with NO ice and a glass of ice water. I can add my packet and stir, THEN add some ice from the other glass if I want. I have tried stirring a packet into a glass of ice water in a restaurant, and it was very difficult to dissolve around the ice. (I usually don't have a protein drink with a meal, but have done that at the evening meal when I've realized I forget my second protein product earlier in the day.)

And, if I'm out and about in town, and realize I need a protein product, I can go to a convenience store or even a fast-food drive-through and ask for a bottle of water, and empty cup, and a straw. I tried adding packets to water bottles, but made a mess. So, I just ask for an empty cup and it is SO much easier to mix in the cup with the straw. And, with my purse pouch, I usually have a protein drink mix with me.

Then, there ARE those times that I forgot to replace the packets I used and find that the little pouch is empty.... Oh, I do worry about my memory sometimes!!

Last edited by Yayalaine; 07-26-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Noodles, I was losing well in the spring, then got off the plan for several weeks during the summer. I gained back some of my weight. I have been back on since July 7, but it "feels" like I'm not losing as fast as I was before.

I've been thinking on it, and I have identified a few things-- I've gotten sloppy with measuring my foods. I have been "eye-balling" and thinking "yeah, that looks like two cups" more than I ever did back in the spring. So, I'm recommitting to measuring everything.

Also, I've gotten out of the habit of taking all my supplements. I had set my phone to give me reminders at the the noon meal and evening meal. Through the summer weeks off plan, I got used to ignoring those chime/reminders. In the last few weeks, I've been hit-or-miss on taking the supplements... sometimes forget to do the noon ones and sometimes forget to do the evening ones. I usually remember my morning meds, but forget the vitamin type supplements later in the day.

I do better if I divide my protein meat between lunch and dinner-- 3-4 ounces with lunch, then 3-4 ounces at dinner/supper. Maybe it would help to try that?

I think I am going to go back to being as regimented as before. I also counted cucumbers and spinach as veggies in the spring but haven't been since the new phase sheets came out. I think I'm going to count them again.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone...

Made the IP Crispy Cereal pkt pancakes this am that I found here...Yummy! Only problem was I forgot the lime juice and I dont have walden farms syrup so they were a bit dry (gagging dry) LOL but a nice cup of hot coffee washed them down and they were very filling. I made 5 mini's with the packet and I would do them again! Something different and the only time I have to cook breakfast is usually Sunday AM. If I do the muffins which makes 2 then I have them for Monday too.... It was nice for a change.

Plan is to hit the farmers market this AM and stock up for the week. I also need to get some chicken as we ate the last of that last night. LOL.... We had leftover night and cleaned out the fridge. Family was not happy LOL. Oh well nothing to go to waste.

Still feeling like garbage from my resturant steak slip up on Friday. Have to learn that I am to important to settle for less then I asked for. Only I can control what goes into my mouth. Still feel uncomfortable when out with friends to ask for exactly what I want or send it back when its not...Oh well live and learn..
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 AM   #20  
Start IP 3rd Jan 2014

S/C/G: 187/141/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good Morning Everyone...

Made the IP Crispy Cereal pkt pancakes this am that I found here...Yummy! Only problem was I forgot the lime juice and I dont have walden farms syrup so they were a bit dry (gagging dry) LOL but a nice cup of hot coffee washed them down and they were very filling. I made 5 mini's with the packet and I would do them again! Something different and the only time I have to cook breakfast is usually Sunday AM. If I do the muffins which makes 2 then I have them for Monday too.... It was nice for a change.
The IP crispy cereal pancakes saved me during Phase 1. I enjoyed making them on the weekends. I definitely struggled more on the weekends and so taking the time to make breakfast and feeling that I was doing something different to the norm was important.

I'm planning on putting a whole chicken into the slow cooker today. I've arranged to meet some friends this morning to try out paddle boarding and then we are going to lounge by the pool for the afternoon. I have found an IP compliant recipe and am looking forward to some delicious chicken smells when I get back!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #21  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Week and a half into IP. Down another pound this morning on the home scale. WoooHoooo!!! Haven't done too much exercise since this started, but worked like a dog in the garden yesterday. Got quite a few dizzy spells. Don't know if it's cause my BP has gone down so low, or the low number of calleries I'm consuming. Have a family get together this afternoon. Gonna take my water bottle (instead of my usual couple glasses of wine), and hope there's something there to eat, if not I'lll take an IP drink and some veggies, as backup. Take care everyone....happy weight loosing
Old 07-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Tried the dreamcicle receipe that I found on one if the threads. So yummy....maybe a new favorite unrestricted snack. Only issue was needed to be colder. I did add some ice.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #23  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, had "reality check" on the scale this morning after coming back from holiday not OP. It is always scarily amazing to me how quickly the weight comes back on if you just start eating carbs again. I'm not too worried as I'm back on track today and know they will come back off equally as quickly. However, it is another reminder to me of the importance of the "after plan".
Old 07-27-2014, 01:42 PM   #24  

I've found lack of portion control is the true culprit for weight gain, rather than the carbs themselves. If we were to eat according to maintenance guidelines, weight gain wouldn't occur.

It is easy to get carried away on vacation and to ignore the rules for a p1 day after an indulgence.

We really can't go back to the way we "used to" eat if we are to keep it off.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-27-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #25  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Good Afternoon all! I just tried to Tomato Basil Rotini for the first time and I actually liked it. I was scared since I had seen so many negative reviews. It was a good change - not that I would want it every day but it did it's job.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

My DIL invited us over for dinner today- she asked me to bring a dish so I planned on bringing a nice salad, since that's probably all I can eat, so she texts me and says, can you bring homemade Mac and cheese? I told her no, that I planned on bringing a salad. It aggravated me because she has eaten dinner at my house the past three nights and she saw me cook separate meals for myself, my nephew is here from ny so I haven't been cooking my usual dinners. I just think people can be inconsiderate.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #27  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
I think I am going to go back to being as regimented as before. I also counted cucumbers and spinach as veggies in the spring but haven't been since the new phase sheets came out. I think I'm going to count them again.
My only other suggestion is a fourth packet until you get under 200 pounds. It is allowed. Or don't count your eggs towards your protein. Your body may just need a few more calories to let go of some weight.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #28  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I'm having a little pity party for myself. I've spent the whole weekend at our cottage watching people eat nonstop every form of junk food possible. There is a local bakery and DH bought a treat for everyone and although I usually don't care it annoyed me this time that they ate them in front of me. I haven't made anyone change a thing all these months. I don't think I'm doing them any favours. My healthy eating is not rubbing off on anyone!

It has made me very unsatisfied with all my food choices. I think I'll let them make their own dinners!
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm having a little pity party for myself. I've spent the whole weekend at our cottage watching people eat nonstop every form of junk food possible. There is a local bakery and DH bought a treat for everyone and although I usually don't care it annoyed me this time that they ate them in front of me. I haven't made anyone change a thing all these months. I don't think I'm doing them any favours. My healthy eating is not rubbing off on anyone!

It has made me very unsatisfied with all my food choices. I think I'll let them make their own dinners!
I know how you feel. It can be a bit much at times. I don't even want the junk food but it's aggravating to have it in your face.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
My DIL invited us over for dinner today- she asked me to bring a dish so I planned on bringing a nice salad, since that's probably all I can eat, so she texts me and says, can you bring homemade Mac and cheese? I told her no, that I planned on bringing a salad. It aggravated me because she has eaten dinner at my house the past three nights and she saw me cook separate meals for myself, my nephew is here from ny so I haven't been cooking my usual dinners. I just think people can be inconsiderate.
My SIL is the same way. She and her husband both have pretty high BP and refuse meds and diet change. So to hVe her constantly tell me I'm ruining my body with fake food and that I need to eat normal things rubs me really raw. I am perfectly happy eating lean and green with IP supplementation and working towards better health as opposed to fried meat and gravy smothered things day in and day out. Keep your head up and smile while eating your delicious salad. It's an awesome feeling when you can look back and realize you aren't missing the other foods. (Or at least not miss the way you feel after eating them...) hopefully your DIL had a brain fart and will become more supportive.
Closed Thread