Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #436  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
woot woot.. rock it girl
thanks gf!! together we are stronger than standing alone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hurray for distractions!

It is so amazing how easily we can fall into TV and snacking. Neither excess sitting nor excess food is good for us.

Don't forget you can have an extra packet week 1, if needed. Have you checked out the new P1 sheet or are you following yours from before?

I'm so happy you're back! Yesterday I contacted a couple other "missing" people, as well. I hope they turn up.
I had intended to do the official IP Alternative Plan and I have the sheet I had before so not sure of any changes. But when it came time to add in something from one of the "groups" I got nervous and stayed with the IP Phase 1 sheet instead. I will probably add some things some days from the "group" choices, like feta cheese into my salad or maybe some lentils or chickpeas, but eating bread just doesn't compute in my head while on IP! haha even if it is allowed! So I will plod along doing the best I can from both plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Morning! I had a wonderful night with my little girl. Dinner went great and I made it through the long movie without a thought about the popcorn! My 10 year old even made a comment about how proud of me she was that I didn't steal any of her popcorn because she knows it is my absolute favorite food. I was so proud of myself in that moment. I have total control right now. I wrote myself a note on my phone notepad about how I am feeling right now so that anytime I am faced with those temptations, I can remind myself how amazing it feels to be in control and how the moment will quickly pass and I will not regret NOT eating something bad for me. It feels great to feel like this and I don't want to lose this feeling.
well done!!!! it would be one thing to go with someone and not have popcorn, but to go with someone who is sitting next to you eating it, WOW!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!

writing a note to yourself is a great idea!! you could start a thread for just that purpose and then we could all write notes to ourselves!! that would be fun!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #437  
Feed Your Freedom

just spent an hour prepping for the coming week! after my fridge purge yesterday, today i went the market to stock up...

cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, lettuce, bell peppers, red onion, vidalia onion, green onions, yellow summer squash, zucchini, lemons,

some recipes on menu this week: Lemon Basil Cauliflower Fritters with Red Curry Dipping Sauce, Roasted Green Beans, Greek Salad, Chicken and Peanut Butter Stir Fry, and Squash Chips!!

I love getting my groove back
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 217/173/160

Just WI and dropped 4.3 pounds for a total loss of 8.2 pounds for December. I'm so excited it was well worth sticking to the program 100%. Glad I didn't cheat.

Looking forward to what this year will bring.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #439  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

On Day 2 and all is well. This curry cream of chicken soup-stew is really yummy.

I'm still purging the fridge and getting ready to give food to my neighbor. My mind and body are craving cucumbers and sauteed mushrooms, garlic and red peppers. Someone recently said that it's like riding a bike. So true. I know it will be a few days before I'm in ketosis and really start feeling wonderful, but I agree, Hgamroth, that being in control is a great thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Good Morning! My 10 year old even made a comment about how proud of me she was that I didn't steal any of her popcorn because she knows it is my absolute favorite food. I was so proud of myself in that moment... I will not regret NOT eating something bad for me. It feels great to feel like this and I don't want to lose this feeling.
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
made it through day 1!! it was a bit hard after supper...but i managed to thwart the growling sensations with a bubble bath and then in bed to watch some british comedy and managed to stay 100%. if i can do it one day i can do it two! hello day 2 ...I love getting my groove back
And somehow your groove enriches us all, I remember!

We can do this! Have an awesome 100% day, everyone!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #440  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good morning..
I have been up since 4:00 this morning, I woke with an incredible headache. So I got up, licked some salt, took advil with coffee and I'm feeling a bit better now. I have woken up with these a few times this past week so I think it is from doing IP, any ideas on how to avoid these.. they are terrible. I get all my salt and water in during the day. The only thing I need to work on is remembering to take my cal mags at night. I have forgotten them quite a few times. Could it be that? or maybe I am still withdrawing from the carbs...
I get headaches when I forget my vitamins... which is something I am good at. I need to set reminders for myself like Lisa said.

Quote:
made it through day 1!! it was a bit hard after supper...but i managed to thwart the growling sensations with a bubble bath and then in bed to watch some british comedy and managed to stay 100%. if i can do it one day i can do it two! hello day 2
Quote:

just spent an hour prepping for the coming week! after my fridge purge yesterday, today i went the market to stock up...

cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, lettuce, bell peppers, red onion, vidalia onion, green onions, yellow summer squash, zucchini, lemons,

some recipes on menu this week: Lemon Basil Cauliflower Fritters with Red Curry Dipping Sauce, Roasted Green Beans, Greek Salad, Chicken and Peanut Butter Stir Fry, and Squash Chips!!

I love getting my groove back
WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemcl View Post
Just WI and dropped 4.3 pounds for a total loss of 8.2 pounds for December. I'm so excited it was well worth sticking to the program 100%. Glad I didn't cheat.

Nice Job!!!!!

Joy, It is nice to crave those veggies again!!!!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #441  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:

Awesome loss! way to go. Those nice losses is what keeps me motivated. cant wait for the end of January WI
Old 01-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #442  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:

that is fantastic!! making it through any month with a loss of 8.2 is a wonderful thing but making it through december and all the holiday temptations and having your 8.2 loss is sheer delight!!!!!! way to go!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:57 PM   #443  
Feed Your Freedom

gs463
Quote:
I also was going to start on the IP Alternative Plan and went thru the same thing. I am on day 3 and have been doing ok. Yesterday, I was hungry and had an extra packet. Then today, I haven't been hungry at all. Here is it 7 pm where I am and I a going to force myself to eat something for dinner. I guess each day is different.

This is such a wonderful inspiring page. Thank you all for the inspiration.
isn't it crazy how our mind makes us think certain things! this is your first time on IP?? WELCOME! this site is amazing....such lovely and kind ladies who have walked the same road and can share invaluable lessons!!

i wish you all the best in your IP journey. take it from me...and many others who have said the same thing...stay on plan...the first time around, and make it to your goal re-booting is so much harder. well, in my opinion.

stay strong and come and post often. it does help!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-03-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #444  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Thank you so much rainbowsmiles. Can you tell me how I can comment on someones post with the quote box at the top? I see the quote box at the bottom so when I click on it do I just type my comment in the same box? Also, I am trying to remember from the past do I have to post a certain amount of times in order to create a weight loss ticker?

Yes, I have do IP before. I started exactly two years ago and lost about 35 lbs. It took me about 4 months to get to 35 lbs. I didn't phase off properly and here I am 2 years later with all the weight back. I am committed to doing it this time and losing.

Thank you

Last edited by gs463; 01-03-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #445  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Thank you so much rainbowsmiles. Can you tell me how I can comment on someones post with the quote box at the top? I see the quote box at the bottom so when I click on it do I just type my comment in the same box? Also, I am trying to remember from the past do I have to post a certain amount of times in order to create a weight loss ticker?

Yes, I have do IP before. I started exactly two years ago and lost about 35 lbs. It took me about 4 months to get to 35 lbs. I didn't phase off properly and here I am 2 years later with all the weight back. I am committed to doing it this time and losing.

Thank you
GS I remember you from back in "the day" I am also back on P1, I am in the same boat as you.. It is good to see you.

to post with someone's quote box on top... move your curser to the bottom of their quote and start typing. And you should be able to use your ticker now.. since you had posted more then 20 times (I think it is 20)

Last edited by Cadu; 01-03-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #446  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
I didn't phase off properly and here I am 2 years later with all the weight back.
i have come to believe that this was my main problem...I didn't reach goal, but didn't phase off properly when I stopped IP before and yes, in 2 years, the weight is right back on! sad really...all that hard work before. maybe this time around i will learn!!!

you should be able to click on the "quote" icon at the bottom right hand side and see the quote.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #447  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All!

On Day 2 and all is well. This curry cream of chicken soup-stew is really yummy.

I'm still purging the fridge and getting ready to give food to my neighbor. My mind and body are craving cucumbers and sauteed mushrooms, garlic and red peppers. Someone recently said that it's like riding a bike. So true. I know it will be a few days before I'm in ketosis and really start feeling wonderful, but I agree, Hgamroth, that being in control is a great thing.
hmmm....where might i find the recipe for your curry cream of chicken soup-stew?

had a great 100% OP day!!!!!!! even got in a 1 mile walk this evening with dear hubby. i was at the computer, entering in my food values for the day and said to dear hubby, hey love....yes he said, would you like to go for a walk...YES...LETS GO....and i was like...REALLY? thats what i get for asking huh!! but it did me good, even on my bad knees i managed to walk the entire block which is almost exactly 1 mile! WOOHOO!! then we sat on the front porch and rocked for a bit while a few birds fluttered about and the wind chimes tinkled and donged. i felt GREAT!!!!!!

BRING ON DAY 3 BABY
Old 01-03-2015, 09:13 PM   #448  
Restart IP 1/1/15

Quote:
GS I remember you from back in "the day" I am also back on P1, I am in the same boat as you.. It is good to see you.

to post with someone's quote box on top... move your curser to the bottom of their quote and start typing. And you should be able to use your ticker now.. since you had posted more then 20 times (I think it is 20)
Cadu, I think I remember you too. Thanks for the help. I am going to see if I can create a ticker.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #449  
Restart IP 1/1/15

Quote:
i have come to believe that this was my main problem...I didn't reach goal, but didn't phase off properly when I stopped IP before and yes, in 2 years, the weight is right back on! sad really...all that hard work before. maybe this time around i will learn!!!

you should be able to click on the "quote" icon at the bottom right hand side and see the quote.
I made a promise to myself that I would stick to this and if at a point I am ready to phase of to do it correctly and stick to what I have learned. A friend of mines mother struggled all her life with weight and successfully lost all her weight on IP about two years ago. To date, she is still thin, looks great and has learned to live and eat according to IP's plan.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
hmmm....where might i find the recipe for your curry cream of chicken soup-stew?

had a great 100% OP day!!!!!!! even got in a 1 mile walk this evening with dear hubby. i was at the computer, entering in my food values for the day and said to dear hubby, hey love....yes he said, would you like to go for a walk...YES...LETS GO....and i was like...REALLY? thats what i get for asking huh!! but it did me good, even on my bad knees i managed to walk the entire block which is almost exactly 1 mile! WOOHOO!! then we sat on the front porch and rocked for a bit while a few birds fluttered about and the wind chimes tinkled and donged. i felt GREAT!!!!!!

BRING ON DAY 3 BABY

Sounds like a great day!!

We had a warmer, sunny day and my son asked to ride his bike to the park. Normally I would've stayed home while my husband took him. Not today - we All went, including the dog. It Felt good to get out and walk - and I was able to keep up pretty well!
Closed Thread