Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #466  
Restart IP 1/1/15

S/C/G: 265.5/248/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

just spent an hour prepping for the coming week! after my fridge purge yesterday, today i went the market to stock up...

cabbage, cauliflower, green beans, lettuce, bell peppers, red onion, vidalia onion, green onions, yellow summer squash, zucchini, lemons,

some recipes on menu this week: Lemon Basil Cauliflower Fritters with Red Curry Dipping Sauce, Roasted Green Beans, Greek Salad, Chicken and Peanut Butter Stir Fry, and Squash Chips!!

I love getting my groove back
Those sound really good. I made mock "fried rice" using cauliflower last night, with red pepper, green onion, garlic, soy and shrimp. It was awsome. My husband, who is not on this diet, told me it tasted just like fried rice and to make it once a week.

I cooked today so that I would have dinners/food for most of the week. I made broccoli slaw which turned out really good, Stuffed red peppers, and I put a lean roast in the crock pot. I found all of these recipes either on this site or on different IP clinic sites. It does feel good to get back in the groove.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:53 PM   #467  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Hi, Can anyone tell me if we are allowed to have selter water or sparking water? I seem to remember that when I was on IP two years ago we could not have it. Now I've seen some IP clinics with drink recipies using it. I just want to make sure that I didn't just mess my self up.

I just made a wonderful drink using IP RTD Vanilla. I put the RTD Vanilla in a large glass, added about 6 oz of Poland Water Seltzer Vanilla it is 0/0/0 and then added some cinnamon. It's almost tastes like a vanilla egg cream.
different clinics will give you different answers. I use Plain selzer or sparkling water made in my soda stream. I used to use Mio but it bothered my stomach so I rarely use it now.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:45 PM   #468  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, everyone! I see lots of familiar faces here. I have been on maintenance now for 2 years, but time to get back to 100% phase 1. So, tomorrow is my start. Weighing first thing...

I think I need to be here for accountability. Once on maintenance, my slide started after I stopped checking in on the maintainers thread...

Lucky for me, I got rid of all of my larger clothes, so now I am forced to do a phase 1 reboot or buy new clothes - and I am refusing to buy new clothes!

Looking forward to seeing a lot of you ladies!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #469  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Hi, everyone! I see lots of familiar faces here. I have been on maintenance now for 2 years, but time to get back to 100% phase 1. So, tomorrow is my start. Weighing first thing...

I think I need to be here for accountability. Once on maintenance, my slide started after I stopped checking in on the maintainers thread...

Lucky for me, I got rid of all of my larger clothes, so now I am forced to do a phase 1 reboot or buy new clothes - and I am refusing to buy new clothes!

lizzyyyyyyyy welcome back!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-04-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:10 AM   #470  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hi, everyone! I see lots of familiar faces here. I have been on maintenance now for 2 years, but time to get back to 100% phase 1. So, tomorrow is my start. Weighing first thing...Lucky for me, I got rid of all of my larger clothes, so now I am forced to do a phase 1 reboot or buy new clothes - and I am refusing to buy new clothes!
Hi Lizzy! I got rid of my clothes also, although I've got a size or two up, which I'm wearing now. Welcome back!! 100% feels great!

BTW - my kids got me a gift card for J Jill. It will just sit here until I get back to my goal weight and then I'll have some fun! A good incentive!

We can do this!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:14 AM   #471  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs463 View Post
Those sound really good. I made mock "fried rice" using cauliflower last night, with red pepper, green onion, garlic, soy and shrimp. It was awsome. My husband, who is not on this diet, told me it tasted just like fried rice and to make it once a week.

I cooked today so that I would have dinners/food for most of the week. I made broccoli slaw which turned out really good, Stuffed red peppers, and I put a lean roast in the crock pot. I found all of these recipes either on this site or on different IP clinic sites. It does feel good to get back in the groove.
gs, these recipes sound great!! Can you give more about the broccoli slaw and the mock fried rice? OR direct me to the recipes?

Rainbow: What's the scoop on Roasted Coconut curry cauliflower? I want that recipe! It sounds yummy!

I know this isn't the official recipe thread, but you've got my curiosity up!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:45 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Great inspiration on this post - looking forward to 100% commitment. I struggled over the holidays but am excited to dive back into 100% OP, I just really feel so much better when I am on program.
Off to chop some veggies and prep for the new week and new year ahead.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #473  
Feed Your Freedom

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Day 4 of my reboot and doing fantastic!! headache still here but not to worry, its not going to slow me down one bit!

off to work but i'll be back for some chat later today!

EVERYONE HAVE A FANTASTIC 100% OP DAY!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-05-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:02 AM   #474  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Rainbow: What's the scoop on Roasted Coconut curry cauliflower? I want that recipe! It sounds yummy!

I know this isn't the official recipe thread, but you've got my curiosity up!
i found this recipe and it is delicious!!!!!!!!

CURRY & SRIRACHA ROASTED CAULIFLOWER

Ingredients

one head cauliflower
1-2 tablespoons sesame, coconut or olive oil
1 heaping tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
generous dash of garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut cauliflower into florets and place in large bowl. Combine oil, siracha, curry and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour over cauliflower and coat well, mixing for a minute or so. Place coated cauliflower in a single layer on a roasting pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil if needed. Cook for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
http://thesimpleveganista.blogspot.c...uliflower.html
Old 01-05-2015, 09:46 AM   #475  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Lizzy, joysh, rainbow, hgamroth, cadu, jemcl , people I don't know and wish to know, lurkers...et al!

And I'm back home. Hard to believe I was here before this "home" was coined. HA I'm having problems posting properly and responding to everyone daily so I need to be here where it's not closed daily like the daily thread lol. I'm reading daily but its hard to post off my ipad and right now I'm getting mad at the VIP's keyboard...will have to learn how hard to press each button! I keep skipping and having to backspace so this is taking longer then I thought and it's not even a long post! I've decided part of my routine will be carving out sometime during first nap to get on here and check in. I love forums and now I have this one and a mommy one! So much to check in on...and some days this is probably my only social interaction lol

I'm doing it this time with a combination of ip and alternative products. I have to say being on plan feels so much better then not. Its so good to see familiar faces...looking forward to hanging out with you again!

Last edited by Ishbel; 01-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #476  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Welcome back lady!!!
Old 01-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #477  

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back Lizzy63! Nice to see you and that ADORABLE little one Ishbel!
I am surviving! It has turned into a nightmare here at the hospital, slept for maybe 2 hours last night as we ended up in the ER. I am waiting for the DOCTOR TEAM to come in and tell me whats what and what the plan is. If I can survive this ordeal OP, anyone can! Lisa!!!! Adding the zucchini to the cookies has saved me!! THANK YOU!!! I couldn't access veggies last night but had plenty of protein bars. I had my 8oz during lunch before we left. Thank goodness I had brought with me the last minute cookies. Today I have the hospital cafeteria at my disposal so veggies will be simple. Have a Happy Monday everyone! I am checking in to keep myself accountable!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:12 PM   #478  
Started IP 6/14/12

HI Everyone!

I'm back to work (school) today, although classes don't start until next week.
It was hard getting up today.

Hgamroth, hang in there. We're with you. You deserve many kudus for trying to stay OP during this.

How old is the baby now, Ishbel? So cute!

I will see my coach this afternoon and buy a few IP products. I'm going to continue with mostly alternatives this time around, though.

This is Day 4 for me and I'm feeling good, but still a little tired, but I think that's my basic sleep deprivation.

Have a great day, everyone! Stay warm!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #479  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Rainbow.. hope you wake up tomorrow morn with NO headache and tons of energy.

Hgamroth it sounds like a tough time there. Hang in there you are doing great.. When do you think you will be able to go home?

Ishbel I love seeing your face again

Joy & Lizzy I remember you guys.. You started at the end of my first go round on here.

Just checking in.. went back to work today and it was a little rough.. I was hungry and craving a little by 3pm. I am going to have to plan better for that time of day. also, my finger that I sliced yesterday is throbbing today.. but I am 100% OP and loving it!
Old 01-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #480  

S/C/G: SW 246/168/146

Height: 5"2.5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
So I went to this lovely veggie market by me and came home with a score of beautiful veggies... So to get ready for the week I took out my mandolin slicer and I sliced up my cabbage, celery, bokchoy & scallions along with the tip of my finger... yikes.. just spent an hour in the Medi merge, they got the bleeding to stop and bandaged me up real good after receiving a tetanus shot I am home, finished my slicing and am now gonna take a nap. Moral of the story, always use the veggie holder when using the mandolin, boy are those things sharp!
I also hacked off my tip last week. It still hurts so much! Ouch!
Closed Thread