Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #16  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I am so so so sunburnt!!! Mostly just on my legs but all the way up! I don't know how I'm going to wear pants and walk around all night!!!! Pretty sure the wind and the spray on sunscreen made this happen lol.
Hi Amber - my sympathies!

Try some gel with a lot of aloe vera in it - very cooling. Most drug stores will have some version. I find gel is more soothing & cooling than cream.

Even better - if you have or can get an actual aloe plant, cut off a small piece of 'leaf' (they are fat) & peel back the outer skin, then gently rub the inner gooey gel on the burn & let it dry. You will probably need to make crosscuts with a knife to loosen the gel & make it spreadable. Or squish it with your fingers. Re-apply as necessary.

Aloe is a great plant to have around for emergency burns & even small cuts.

Good luck with your evening!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #17  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

I hit my 50 lbs. weight loss this weekend. This was one of my mini-goals. Onward and upward!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #18  
Alt IP Reboot 6/25/2014

S/C/G: 270/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
I hit my 50 lbs. weight loss this weekend. This was one of my mini-goals. Onward and upward!
Awesome Sophie!!

Ah, weekends. I was fine this weekend, even though I wanted to steal an orange section off my son's plate! It's next weekend I am worried about. Friday we are spending all day at my mom's for swimming and 4th of July activities. That should be fairly easy, she is already planning an OP meal for me, so temptations will be few. But Saturday is a family party on my husband's side, and I know it is going to be very challenging. And we were asked to bring dessert- ahhhh!

We are going on a cruise in August- so I need to stay OP as much as possible until then. I will still be fat in August but I need to be the least fat possible!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:40 PM   #19  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post

Try some gel with a lot of aloe vera in it - very cooling. Most drug stores will have some version. I find gel is more soothing & cooling than cream.

Even better - if you have or can get an actual aloe plant, cut off a small piece of 'leaf' (they are fat) & peel back the outer skin, then gently rub the inner gooey gel on the burn & let it dry. You will probably need to make crosscuts with a knife to loosen the gel & make it spreadable. Or squish it with your fingers. Re-apply as necessary.

I've been using tons of aloe!!! LOL It's my own fault I should have used more sunscreen, it's just strange. I spent the whole week at the beach in Texas and didn't get burnt at all!

Quote:
GREAT JOB
Old 06-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #20  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
IP43- good luck with the "photo shoot"
oooh - I feel like a "model" when you put it that way! However, the reality is that I just did battle with the dust bunnies on a ceiling fan so I look more like this BTW -- Dust bunnies 1, Diane 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I am so so so sunburnt!!! Mostly just on my legs but all the way up! I don't know how I'm going to wear pants and walk around all night!!!! Pretty sure the wind and the spray on sunscreen made this happen lol.
My mother has recipes for everything and she would tell you to put vinegar on the burn (or on cloth) and reapply as needed. The vinegar takes out the heat. I'm not sure if you have to use ACV since you're OP!~LOL

Last edited by IP43; 06-30-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Going to give this recipe from Skinnytaste a try this week and sub WF mayo for the sour cream. Hopefully it's not gross!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/c...-ww-point.html

That looks yummy! I'm going to try that. I love easy recipes.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Congrats! That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post

I keep my bottle of aloe vera gel in the fridge. It feels so good when it goes on cold!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #23  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
oooh - I feel like a "model" when you put it that way! However, the reality is that I just did battle with the dust bunnies on a ceiling fan so I look more like this BTW -- Dust bunnies 1, Diane 0

My mother has recipes for everything and she would tell you to put vinegar on the burn (or on cloth) and reapply as needed. The vinegar takes out the heat. I'm not sure if you have to use ACV since you're OP!~LOL
WHAT??? No balsamic vinegar on my sunburn?
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #24  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default IP chili

Going to stock up for a two week supply today. Has anyone tried the IP Chili? Having trouble with lunch ideas. The IP soups make me nauseated.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 209/Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Wow - congratulations! That is a big milestone! I starting my 6th week today...struggling a bit with weekend "cheating" and not making great progress like it did the first 3 weeks. Have lost only 1 lb the past 2 weeks. Please tell me how you stick with it !!!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybell View Post
Wow - congratulations! That is a big milestone! I starting my 6th week today...struggling a bit with weekend "cheating" and not making great progress like it did the first 3 weeks. Have lost only 1 lb the past 2 weeks. Please tell me how you stick with it !!!
There are actually a few reasons.
1. The diet is expensive and I don't want to be on it any longer than I have to.
2. I know from experience (I did IP a few years ago) how hard it is to get back on the wagon so I figured it would be easier if I don't fall off.
3. I plan out everything a head of time. So, if I know I will be eating out I make sure there is something that is OP before going to a restaurant.
4. When I look in my fridge or pantry I only concentrate on the things I can have, not what I can't have. I have a 4 year old and my husband is not on the diet so we have plenty in the house that is not OP. I figure once I get to phase 4 I'll be able to eat things that I can't have on phase 1 so I know it's temporary. I have an easier time mentally knowing it's temporary.

I hope this helps! If I get hungry I do eat an extra IP during the day (not every day, just when I'm really hungry). I know I make bad decisions if I'm really hungry (starving) so I don't let it get that far.

This board has also really helped me. I know I'm not in this alone and there are others like me going through the same thing I am. Good luck, I know you can do it!!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:27 PM   #27  

Just got my test results back and everything looks great-cholesterol is 180 and all the parts of the cholesterol (LDL, HDL, triglycerides) are all in normal range, thyroid and kidneys are good too. Wahooo! I know if I would have done this before March 15 when I started IP, my cholesterol would have been high.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi gals, I'm starting a new security job tonight (graveyard shift of course) and then I have to work as a volunteer with ChildFind for the RCMP tomorrow morning until noon (this was pre-scheduled) and then probably work again that night... I'm gonna be soooo tired
You may not hear from me for a couple of days... I'm still going to try logging on MFP but am a little worried my schedule for food will be all screwed up. I'll have to rethink my meals but need more sleep this afternoon before I go to work tonight.

On a completely different note, I promised elsewhere on this forum to post a picture of & report on my Epicure silicone baked waffle tray. First it was amazingly easy... I used my usual GF pancake/baking mix and it made just enough for the 6 waffles in the tray. Baked in the oven at 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees, flipped it over when edge of silicone tray was cool enough, shook it a bit and 6 wonderful waffles fell out. DH ate 4 and I ate 2, topped with IP banana pudding. Toss the tray in the dishwasher or even just in the sink for extremely easy cleanup! I'll be using this more often.

Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0183 (640x480).jpg (31.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0184 (640x480).jpg (29.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0185 (640x480).jpg (28.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0186 (640x480).jpg (35.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #29  
Started IP on Jun 28,2014

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I must admit that yesterday was a hard one for me but I am pretty sure I can do this! It is so great to read all the posts here and are very encouraging. I cant wait to be able to share similar posts soon!!!!!! I wish i had a time machine and i could fast forward three/four months and look healthy like I used to fifteen years ago. My motivation is that I am using my savings for this diet which is HUGE for me financially. But hopefully I will be back to being me and have a new beginning and focus on myself and only myself.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:33 PM   #30  
AmberLS

Default quick advice please

Okay I haven't worked at nights in a lot of years. I normally go to bed around 10-11pm and often sooner if I get to feeling snacky. Now I have a pretty good routine, breakfast around 9, lunch around 1, and I eat dinner by 6. My third IP packet I usually have after dinner if not with it depending on what "it" is. Sometimes I have it earlier because I'm hungry. So anyway to the point.. should I take an extra shake with me to work? I don't normally have a 4th packet but I'm concerned that I'm going to be up and at work until 2:30-3 am and I'm going to be snacky. There isn't much food at a bar but there's olives, jerky, and pickled eggs lol and with the exception of the eggs any of it could end up in my mouth if I feel like I'm starving. So do you guys think I should take an extra shake? Tomorrow I will go get stuff for salad, I just happen to be completely out of most of the things I need for a salad an for salad dressing lol.
Closed Thread