Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #61  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I haven't seen a thread or forum for people who use strictly IP products. I've used pretty much strictly IP products since I was comfortable with them and had a great coach. Did you have a specific question or just overwhelmed with all the information (which is how I felt starting.
Ruth Ann you are such a nice person, thank you. Yes, all the information makes my head spin. hahaha I, too, have a fabulous coach. She even sends out texts to check on us. On Mother's Day she sent me a note reminding me to be cautious and to enjoy the day. She spends a half hour with me during sessions and really cares so much. I feel so blessed.

Yesterday I went to dinner with my sister. I ordered a grilled filet and steamed broccoli. I told the server I had adverse reactions to chemicals and fats added for cooking that I needed everything very clean. The steak was great, I added my own IP salt and brought a WF salad pack for a side salad of just lettuce and squeezed lemon on the greens. I woke up this morning like a train hit me and craving and hungry. Just awful, I bet they had preservatives in the meat. I had the shakes during the night and even woke up my husband because I got scared. Or it could be symptoms from Thyroid meds my Dr took me off of on Monday. I was taking them for 12 years. Now nothing.

Anyway, taking it one day at a time and following things to a T because of health problems that need my attention. Like most here!

Thank you for the support and remembering how it is to be new at this. It isn't an easy transition for some of us.

Keep up the good job on maintenance. We are following your lead!

Joanne
Old 05-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #62  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Jo - WELCOME TO YOU!!!

The MAJORITY of people on this board closely follow the IP protocol, so don't let the product name throw you. Someone may refer to a ProtiDiet XYZ bar in a post, but all that means is they ate a bar, just like you may post you ate an IP XYZ bar.

You will probably NOT find an IP only product users message board that would be free of a few people who change up the principles of the program on occasion. The best way to avoid that is the 100% thread right here.

Otherwise, ignore what someone calls the packet they ate... We all use the same Phase Sheets and eat three packets per day no matter where we buy them or what the names are!!

If you see something specific that seems to not fit with what you know of IP, ask about it... Or if you are clear it is not pure IP, just pass over it.

Is there anything specific we can help you with or answer??

The benefits of investing in IP packets are the coaching, guidance and support your coach/clinic should be giving you. Some found they only got weighed and sold products but no real support so they went to alternatives. Others started with coaches until they felt they knew the program and were string enough to fly solo.
Thank you Laurie that makes sense. You are right about the coaches because we have two clinics in the area that promote the IP diet but they have drive-by services to pick up products. Very nonchalant...red flags for me. I drive a half hour to the one I love....she is fabulous and really cares. In fact they are so intrigued by the many recipes I have concocted, already, they may use me to do food demos down the line. I am a gourmet cook and love to be creative.

It is great to know everyone is following the same sheets...I will have to look into alternatives down the line but for now I need to get health issues under control and follow this to a T. They already see the diet as it stands has too many carbs for my particular makeup to enter ketosis...that means slow losses. Very hard to swallow provided that P1 is so strict.

Thanks for the support. I am thrilled to be here

Joanne
Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #63  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post

I think I finally got this photo to work! Not very good of a comparison since we have to wear "trashbags" and cant see body shape (Which is good for some... but Dang I looked good in my dress for graduation!) So I guess this is my TBT
Deana you look amazing sweetheart! You have a lovely smile, too. Congratulations on a great loss and for your graduation. Hats off to you!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo4applerose View Post
It is great to know everyone is following the same sheets...I will have to look into alternatives down the line but for now I need to get health issues under control and follow this to a T. They already see the diet as it stands has too many carbs for my particular makeup to enter ketosis...that means slow losses. Very hard to swallow provided that P1 is so strict.

Thanks for the support. I am thrilled to be here

Joanne
Have they worked it out to make sure you select from the lowest carb items and veggies to see if that helps? I have not heard of people not being able to get into ketosis with the right combos of foods.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #65  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Ok experienced IPers who've gone off and on... question about ketosis. So as many of you know I went off the plan on Friday. So my curiosity is in the mechanism. When I first started the 2-4th days were rough and as we know its because our bodies are detoxing off of carbs. Well since I don't have 6 years worth of carb eating and fat built up in there is it possible that ketosis happens sooner or maybe just the "withdrawals" aren't so bad. I have at no point felt hungry or had any of the issues I had the first time.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #66  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Have they worked it out to make sure you select from the lowest carb items and veggies to see if that helps? I have not heard of people not being able to get into ketosis with the right combos of foods.

Hello Laurie...we discussed the possibility down the line but she wants to see how the losses go. I just finished my second week and lost a tad under 10 pounds total. In Ketosos or not we knew there would be a loss from going from 4000 caloris a day to around 900 and a huge increase in water along with no sugar and huge reduction in carbs. Now time will tell. We cannot get the keto sticks to change and I never got a detox headache or felt a transition from the drop in carbs. Either I got lucky or someone never hit ketosis. Let me tell you years ago I followed Atkins Diet and I knew when I hit ketosis...I was so sick but the carbs were really low on their Induction...around 20...when I put my IP food in My Fitness Pal it is around 56 carbs..yikes. My coach had me try her K sticks as well and nothing changed. The way the diet is designed we should be okay with the protocal as is....not sure I will agree to alter this diet anymore it is not easy as it is. I have already invested so much money on a the huge variety of IP foods so I can have lots of different options. No way I will give any of this up. My plan is to stay vigilant in writing details of everything I eat so she can keep checking on me. I weigh and measure it all and even skip salads a lot to at least save on a couple of carbs. I sure hope they wouldn't take away the restrictives...I would go nuts. But hard to believe restrictives are even allowed as some actually have sugar in them...the chocolate puffs.

Anyway, I will see how it goes and try not to worry too much for now. Lets hope my losses continue. I truly believe the ketosis sticks are a great tool though even though we are nit suppose to fret over it. I did have one day they turned pink and then it never happened again.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey Re Boot Buddy! I started up again on Monday and I Feel AWESOME. I have more energy and focus. I did step on the scale this morning and I am down but it was my birthday suit weight so it will be different than the clinics scale. I think they'd get upset if I did my WI naked!

I just bought some spinach to use in shakes. I have tried it a few ways but like it with a shake packet of RTD GNC go lean shake. If you blend it well, and don't put in too much, which I tend to do. It tastes good and does not have much texture. I have a little GNC blender, kinda a knock off of the Magic Bullet, that I use here at work. The one I had at home died on me. It is also fun to mix shake mixes in with ice, it is more filling because it adds volume and it feels like an ice cream treat.

Three years ago at Boy Scout summer camp I was doing my day one swim test. I jumped in and did my thing no problem. As I was climbing out I pulled the freaking ladder right out of the dock and was smacked in the face by it. That was very embarrassing. I was at least 470 then.
Thanks for the down low on the shakes! And your story (though I know painful) made me laugh! Our fat butts will NOT embarrass us any longer! WE WILL CONQER!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 09:09 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Hello Laurie...we discussed the possibility down the line but she wants to see how the losses go. I just finished my second week and lost a tad under 10 pounds total. In Ketosos or not we knew there would be a loss from going from 4000 caloris a day to around 900 and a huge increase in water along with no sugar and huge reduction in carbs. Now time will tell. We cannot get the keto sticks to change and I never got a detox headache or felt a transition from the drop in carbs. Either I got lucky or someone never hit ketosis. Let me tell you years ago I followed Atkins Diet and I knew when I hit ketosis...I was so sick but the carbs were really low on their Induction...around 20...when I put my IP food in My Fitness Pal it is around 56 carbs..yikes. My coach had me try her K sticks as well and nothing changed. The way the diet is designed we should be okay with the protocal as is....not sure I will agree to alter this diet anymore it is not easy as it is. I have already invested so much money on a the huge variety of IP foods so I can have lots of different options. No way I will give any of this up. My plan is to stay vigilant in writing details of everything I eat so she can keep checking on me. I weigh and measure it all and even skip salads a lot to at least save on a couple of carbs. I sure hope they wouldn't take away the restrictives...I would go nuts. But hard to believe restrictives are even allowed as some actually have sugar in them...the chocolate puffs.

Anyway, I will see how it goes and try not to worry too much for now. Lets hope my losses continue. I truly believe the ketosis sticks are a great tool though even though we are nit suppose to fret over it. I did have one day they turned pink and then it never happened again.
I never did get into ketosis with ketones coming out in my urine - I burned mine up, but 2 weeks with 10 lbs lost - you will be losing fat pretty darn quick if you aren't already... Just keep it up if you are feeling OK, and don't stress about the stix. You may be using up your ketones and not have much to dump in your urine. There's nothing wrong with 56g carb if you feel OK and are still losing. Remember the NSV's as well: medication changes, inches lost, etc. According to my coach and one of the videos Don't stress if everything else is going on plan - the ketostix ONLY show what's in the urine, not if we are burning them.

Liana
Old 05-15-2014, 09:19 PM   #69  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I never did get into ketosis with ketones coming out in my urine - I burned mine up, but 2 weeks with 10 lbs lost - you will be losing fat pretty darn quick if you aren't already... Just keep it up if you are feeling OK, and don't stress about the stix. You may be using up your ketones and not have much to dump in your urine. There's nothing wrong with 56g carb if you feel OK and are still losing. Remember the NSV's as well: medication changes, inches lost, etc. According to my coach and one of the videos Don't stress if everything else is going on plan - the ketostix ONLY show what's in the urine, not if we are burning them.

Liana
Very good Liana...when I am on a 1,500 calorie balanced diet I am hungry and sick...with this I am level, well, and not starving. So I must be burning fat as fuel. Lets see how it goes. So far so good.

Thank you everyone for the input, very helpful for sure.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #70  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepperTown View Post
Went for my WI this afternoon. Only lost 2 pounds!!!! I told my coach this time around it's so much harder than last time I did IP as I'm often hungry...PLUS...I'm loosing the weight very slooowwwlllyy!!! I also asked her about alternative products.

She thought 2 lbs was good. She said the weight was coming off slower this time because I have less to loose. (Last time I lost 70 lbs in 2 months. This time I lost 15 pounds in a month.) She explained that the bigger you are, the faster the weight comes off. PLUS, she said I should remember that the older a woman is (I'm 62) the slower the weight comes off! As for alternatives, she said I could try them, but (as with the alternative plan) the weight will come off much slower.

So there you have it. Do you agree?

I love this board and I love reading your advice. I'm from Ontario and would love to hear from others near me.
Join us in the canadian thread! I'm from ontario too.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #71  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
...I was so sick but the carbs were really low on their Induction...around 20...when I put my IP food in My Fitness Pal it is around 56 carbs..yikes.
I'm with your coach - see how it goes and tweak if necessary. You've done great so far. But I'm curious how you're coming up to 56 carbs. Can you post what you ate to get there? I don't think I ever hit that many carbs in P1.

And I generally counted net carbs (carbs - fiber).
Old 05-15-2014, 09:52 PM   #72  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

I'm excited for my 4th weigh in tomorrow morning! I just discovered that I have out-shrunk all of my shorts! These were all buttoning SO tightly last summer, but now they slide down without a belt!

Time for an emergency trip to the thrift store! Can't bear the idea of spending lots of money on "temporary" clothing.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #73  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
I'm with your coach - see how it goes and tweak if necessary. You've done great so far. But I'm curious how you're coming up to 56 carbs. Can you post what you ate to get there? I don't think I ever hit that many carbs in P1.

I'm curious too... I'm also on Phase 1, and I track everything using sparkpeople. Most days I hit between 20 and 25 net carbs. I don't use many restricteds, but even on a day that I use a bar I only hit 30 or so net carbs.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 PM   #74  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:

Hello RUth Ann...IT WAS THE KALE CHIP ENTRY THAT THREW IT OFF. AHHHH I just took info from MFP this was from my second day on the diet I wanted to see a rough idea what the nutrients were so used it for estimations. This is for regular carbs not net. Also, I think they figured the kale chips too high it came to 15 grams of carbs for two baked cups. I'll never have these again. LoL The calories for the day were 926.

Breakfast:

IP omelet 8 carbs
1 T Trader Joes Salsa 1 carb (bottle says 0)
1mug black coffee

Lunch:

IP leek soup 3 carbs
1c mushrooms 2 carbs
1 bell pepper 4 carbs
3c butter lettuce 3 carbs
2t olive oil no carbs

Dinner:

(Seasoned taco meat to fill romaine leaves)
7 oz 97% ground beef 0 carb
2c baked kale chips 15 carbs ??
3c romaine 4 carbs
1T WF salad dressing o carb
2 T chopped tomato 2 carbs
2 T chopped read onion 4 carbs
Fresh cilantro
Chili and cumin powder
Salt and pepper

Snack:

Chocolate Puffs 11 carbs

I don't think I had that many kale chips but I had to come up with a number so MFP would calculate it. I am glad you had me go take a peek again because MFP isnt always exact I think these numbers are off and they are not the net carbs.

Last edited by jo4applerose; 05-15-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #75  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
I'm curious too... I'm also on Phase 1, and I track everything using sparkpeople. Most days I hit between 20 and 25 net carbs. I don't use many restricteds, but even on a day that I use a bar I only hit 30 or so net carbs.
Mainemom...I am so glad Ruth Ann had me go look. When I inputted the 2 cups of kales chips it added 15 grams of carbs and dramatically increased the carb count and I never noticed the kale chips did the increase so much. I have to think of a better way to add that. So for the last two weeks I thought this diet was too high in carbs all because of kale chips. LOL Look under my entry to Ruth Ann you will see my menu from that one day. Not only that...I had it figured for carbs not net carbs. I only used MFP that one day to see what calories and carbs looked like. I worried all for nothing.

Last edited by jo4applerose; 05-15-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread