Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend chat. Sat 4/19 - Sun 4/20/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Day 18 for me! I was reflecting on how many veggies I have been eating and how much contact with real food I have been having as I relearn ways to prepare veggies and use various herbs and spices. Following protocol is helping me focus on eating regularly, planning and experimenting in the kitchen. It has been fun to invent new recipes and play around in the kitchen.
Today I am going to purge some food from my cupboards and organize my cookware so my kitchen is more functional. It is great to have my kitchen scale handy, along with my measuring cups and spoons. I may even treat myself this weekend to a new set of measuring tools instead of spending that money on Easter candy.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...qsh/weight.png
Old 04-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Day 18 for me! I was reflecting on how many veggies I have been eating and how much contact with real food I have been having as I relearn ways to prepare veggies and use various herbs and spices. Following protocol is helping me focus on eating regularly, planning and experimenting in the kitchen. It has been fun to invent new recipes and play around in the kitchen.
Today I am going to purge some food from my cupboards and organize my cookware so my kitchen is more functional. It is great to have my kitchen scale handy, along with my measuring cups and spoons. I may even treat myself this weekend to a new set of measuring tools instead of spending that money on Easter candy.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...qsh/weight.png
Besides losing weight I have gained a new appreciation for cooking and learned new ways to prepare old favorites in healthier ways. I really changed my attitude during P1 when I realized I needed a plan and that even in maintenance I could not return to my old habits. The "me" in my kitchen now is a whole different person than the "me" pre IP. It is very cool that you are making these little discoveries much sooner than it took me. Oh, and I am totally the gadget queen in my kitchen now!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/150/134

Height: 5'3

The IP chocolate brownies have been unavailable for weeks- now the lemon wafers are unavailable! Anyone have suggestions? They are my favorite treats!. Has anyone tried the Plain Protein chocolate fudge cake?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #6  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

JLUS - I didn't know how to carry over a quote from a different thread (yesterday's Daily thread) - but to answer you here, no, it wasn't a typical day - I usually get all my veggies and packets in. Which is kind of why I was surprised I was so full! And my thought on the 1/2 Quest bar was that it was a higher cal/carb one, so figured half would equal 1 non-restricted (approximately). But I am hungry this morning for sure and don't think I'll have a problem getting everything in! Looking up succulent looking lamb recipes for Easter doesn't help! Weekends have always been hardest for me to stay on a diet because I have more free time at home to be tempted. Better keep busy!
Old 04-19-2014, 08:33 AM   #7  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggypip View Post
The IP chocolate brownies have been unavailable for weeks- now the lemon wafers are unavailable! Anyone have suggestions? They are my favorite treats!. Has anyone tried the Plain Protein chocolate fudge cake?
Have you tried the chocolate wafers? They are amazing. I also like the chocolate caramel nut bars.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #8  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
We had to totally rearrange parts of the kitchen so I had everything I needed handy. Dh does a lot of the cooking but I've been doing more of it since starting IP. We just had to rearrange so I could reach the stuff I use most - Dh has about 14 inches on me and tends to put things on the top shelves which means I either have to drag out the stool or climb the cupboards (or make him come grab things for me!).

And new measuring tools in lieu of Easter candy is an excellent idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Weigh-in 10 today.....down to 150 lbs exactly for a weekly loss of 0.8. I'm happy I even lost this week because I had a stomach bug mid-week and drank 1L of PediaLyte (containing sugar). I'm halfway to goal! All of my old clothes fit again (I'm back in a size 6 and M top), I have more energy and I feel better!
Glad you're feeling better and congrats on hitting 150!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 04-19-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #9  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Oh let the busy day begin!!!!! Today is our city's Easter egg hunt for the kids, then off to get a birthday party together at the park (hopefully the showers don't happen). Then to my brothers to dye eggs in preparation for tomorrow. Busy busy busy!. Hopefully I make it through today alive!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #10  

Workout done. Hopped on here b/c DH is still sleeping so I can't take a shower yet. I'm planning to plant some herbs and lettuce plants I bought (I planted lettuce & spinach seeds but they're less than an inch tall right now so I bought a few plants, as well - I'm antsy for FRESH, organic, local veggies -got some spinach at the Farmer's market on Wed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
JLUS - to answer you here, no, it wasn't a typical day - I usually get all my veggies and packets in. Which is kind of why I was surprised I was so full! And my thought on the 1/2 Quest bar was that it was a higher cal/carb one, so figured half would equal 1 non-restricted (approximately). But I am hungry this morning for sure and don't think I'll have a problem getting everything in! Looking up succulent looking lamb recipes for Easter doesn't help! Weekends have always been hardest for me to stay on a diet because I have more free time at home to be tempted. Better keep busy!
One of the issues with using alts is looking at ALL the nutritients. Not just cals, not just net carbs, not just fat, but the whole picture. Those who go to a clinics and buy IP foods are paying to have all the "figuring" done for them.

Half of a restricted doesn't equal an unrestricted. Half of a Quest bar isn't going to be enough protein. You're better off having a whole one (or split into 2 snacks thru the day) and count it as your restricted (which is a daily part of the program).

The other thing I saw Laurie ask about yesterday was your salads. On IP, lettuce isn't a veggie. So you eat as much lettuce as you like PLUS four cups of the select veggies every day.

In addition to keeping busy, be sure to PLAN your meals ahead of time. At first it might be difficult to not be so spontaneous but after a while, it gives us time to focus our thoughts and energy on other things. The food is already planned.

The other day I wanted to eat less than 2 hours after I'd just had a Pure Protein 21 shake. I had to tell the inner child she wasn't hungry, she just wanted to eat. The adult took charge and found "us" something else to do until dinner time.

The Beck Diet Solution is really helping me identify cravings/phantom hunger (when my head wants to eat despite body not being hungry). It has taught me hunger is NOT an emergency and doesn't need to be dealt with immediately. Sometimes it is just enough to tell myself, "Yup, you're hungry but you're not starving (or dying). Our next meal is planned and it is at x:00. You'll live. Move on."

This isn't easy. But it works!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-19-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Your inner child is very saucy Lisa! MY inner child wants to arrange a 'playdate'

Happy Easter everyone. It's so lovely to have several days off in a row.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Your inner child is very saucy Lisa! MY inner child wants to arrange a 'playdate'
THAT would be trouble.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-19-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

Today is day 12 on IP. I'm on the 4th of July committee for our town. We fundraise, plan do everything for the celebration. Tonight is our "cornhole" tournament so that means lots of temptation. I've made a plan; eating before we go, taking mio to put in my water, as everybody will be partaking in alcoholic drinks and sticking a bar or crisps in my purse in case seeing everybody munching on snacks gets to me.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

My scale decided to move 2.7 pounds today! Woo-hoo! That's added inspiration to stay strong while the wine is being served this weekend!
Old 04-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Saw a great quote today: "Don't do something permanently stupid because you're temporarily upset!"
Closed Thread