Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #61  
My own kind of beautiful
 
Deana509's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 264

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Default

Happy Easter, everyone!

So I got my new food order in the other day (I order by the month) and I got my new supplements, and to my surprise, the Omega 3's were different... Not a problem, because now I only have to swallow 2 pills, but I feel like my coach should have told me about the change... it was weird... haha
Sorry I haven't been around... School is kicking my butt, Finals are right around the corner! We have 22 days before I walk across that stage!
Have a great day everyone! I'll try to check back in (and eventually update my blog) soon!
Deana509 is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #62  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14
 
dcs0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 129

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
We "toe"st your victory Mulse! It's those types of things that make you appreciate the changes in your body. I know Lisa posted her "seatbelt" pic of there being extra strap left on the airplane seatbelt.

Now just to keep strong and stay away from the chocolate sales! We can do it!
I LOVE your pun!

Today was a really hard day for me, but managed to stay 100% OP. We hosted Easter dinner and I prepared a lot of desserts. I automatically went to lick my fingers while cooking..crazy how it's such an automatic response..but I stopped myself. As hard as it was to stay OP, it was much easier than the disappointment I would have felt if I had cheated.

Last edited by dcs0826; 04-20-2014 at 07:36 PM.
dcs0826 is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #63  
Started IP: 4/4/2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 127

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Default

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Easter has gone over well. My small NSV was only buying three very fancy Easter egg cupcakes for my kids. Normally I bake, but I think it would have been too much temptation. Those three cupcakes have now been safely consumed!

I'm also thrilled that my husband and kids are loving the new veggies. Last night we had roasted cabbage. There wasn't a crumb left over. Kale chips are also a new household hit! Who would have thought!
Chrztina is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #64  
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 2,215

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Hope everyone is having a great Easter. I'm a teacher so we got the four day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the break.

I also painted my toenails last night! That is a HUGE NSV for me. It's been over three years since I've been able to do that for myself. I always have to get a pedicure because my stomach gets in the way of me bending to reach my toes. I did it last night without any issues!! YAHOO!
Hope you are reminded of your success every time you look at your pretty toes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
I LOVE your pun!

Today was a really hard day for me, but managed to stay 100% OP. We hosted Easter dinner and I prepared a lot of desserts. I automatically went to lick my fingers while cooking..crazy how it's such an automatic response..but I stopped myself. As hard as it was to stay OP, it was much easier than the disappointment I would have felt if I had cheated.
Congratulations for staying OP and baking desserts. You are amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrztina View Post
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. Easter has gone over well. My small NSV was only buying three very fancy Easter egg cupcakes for my kids. Normally I bake, but I think it would have been too much temptation. Those three cupcakes have now been safely consumed!

I'm also thrilled that my husband and kids are loving the new veggies. Last night we had roasted cabbage. There wasn't a crumb left over. Kale chips are also a new household hit! Who would have thought!
Wonderful planning! You are making changes in your life that are affecting your whole family, you must feel so proud of yourself.
Slipfree is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #65  
Senior Member
 
Hiker88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 516

Height: 5 '6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
Hope everyone is having a great Easter. I'm a teacher so we got the four day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I needed the break.

I had a couple NSVs this weekend that I am pretty pleased about. First, we had friends over for Easter dinner yesterday (I know, early, but DH worked today) and I stayed 100% completely on plan. We decided as a group to do steaks, so I added cucumber salad, fried mushrooms and onions, and roasted peppers as our sides. I made an apple pie with vanilla ice cream for them for dessert and I saved my restricted for when they were eating dessert so I could 'join' them. Not a morsel of chocolate has passed through these lips today when normally, I have eaten a ton of it and be excited for tomorrow's 50% off chocolate.

I also painted my toenails last night! That is a HUGE NSV for me. It's been over three years since I've been able to do that for myself. I always have to get a pedicure because my stomach gets in the way of me bending to reach my toes. I did it last night without any issues!! YAHOO!
Congrats on the NSV's! It seems like its the little things like painting your toenails that a person notices the most... I loved it when I started crossing my legs cause it was actually comfortable!!
Hiker88 is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #66  
Restarted IP February 19
 
getnlean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Il
Posts: 75

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Default

I have felt awful since Friday, terrible allergies. I have not been able to force myself to eat the veggies. I have eaten the protein though. Just wondering how far this will set me back.
getnlean is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #67  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25
 
ReenHag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maryland, U.S.A.
Posts: 377

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
How are all you other teachers dealing with the stress that comes with the close of the school year? I am finding that the more I am stressed, the harder it is to drop weight. I have been STARVING all day long today and I would up eating about 6 more ounces of eat than I should have. I ate some lean beef cuts at my cousins baby's baptism today then came home to grade piles and piles of late work since the grading period closes Monday. That only made my hunger worse and I couldn't control myself when my dh made himself a yummy yummy smelling porkchop and ny strip steak. So I ate some....help! How are yall keeping the stress from taking over your lives??
Definitely ask yourself if it is actual hunger or the return of old habits. If you are really hungry, some romaine leaves would satisfy you. Stress DEFINITELY affects weight loss! One reason I was in need of IP in the first place was due to stress eating and drinking. However, turning to food when stressed will make you feel more stressed (I can feel it coming through your post). You can do this, and being healthier is a big bonus! To try and keep stress from taking over, I plan a much as I can, both with regards to healthy meals and with school work. Best of luck with the rest of your year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I can't believe people are done teaching in MAY for the summer. Do you go back the beginning of August? I go till the last Friday in June. Sniff....
I am finished most of my teaching in May, but I go to school until June 13. My eighth graders finish classes May 23, then have exams and grad practice the next week, then graduate on June 2. I will have sixth and seventh graders till June 13, but that will be easy peasy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Happy Easter, everyone!

So I got my new food order in the other day (I order by the month) and I got my new supplements, and to my surprise, the Omega 3's were different... Not a problem, because now I only have to swallow 2 pills, but I feel like my coach should have told me about the change... it was weird... haha
Sorry I haven't been around... School is kicking my butt, Finals are right around the corner! We have 22 days before I walk across that stage!
Have a great day everyone! I'll try to check back in (and eventually update my blog) soon!
Best of luck on finals and grad! How exciting!
ReenHag is offline  
Old 04-20-2014, 11:25 PM   #68  
AmberLS
 
AmberLS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 634

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

Well I made it through my first, and really my last huge family celebration that revolves around food. I say last because I will be done by Thanksgiving unless something bad happens. I managed to avoid alcohol, cheesecake, strawberry shortcake (my fave), and a ton of other crap. I did however eat 2 hard boiled eggs in addition to my meat, although I only ate about 6oz of meat so I don't think I'm too far off. I think I did okay and I doubt I've done any damage. Officially weigh in for the week is tomorrow and I need another pound to get my 3 in so here's to hoping for a pound by morning! Happy Easter!
AmberLS is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.