Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good evening all

well I sent my coach an email and told him that I was going to continue following Ideal Protein protocol but that I've decided to use alternative products - I feel that it's just too expensive - I started over the weekend to incorporate some other products and so far no problem - I can do this - what I will start doing is weighing in at Weight Watchers on saturday morning - I'm lifetime member with them - that will keep
me accountable
You will d o FINE and the WW weigh in is a great idea! See you on the Alternative Products thread, since this is for a completely alternative plan for modified IP.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #17  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Karkrazy - just an FYI... To replace an IP packet with eggs, most people go with one whole egg and three whites.

Looks like the Alternative plan is working to get your energy back. Seems like a good choice for you!
JLUS, is it okay to have 2 whole eggs instead of the 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites?

I definitely have more energy & I'm feeling great! I am walking 30 minutes after work (when it's not raining!) and I feel even better afterwards.
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
JLUS, is it okay to have 2 whole eggs instead of the 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites?

I definitely have more energy & I'm feeling great! I am walking 30 minutes after work (when it's not raining!) and I feel even better afterwards.
Here is the comparison:
Egg 78 cal 5 fat 6 protein .6 carb
White 17 cal .1 fat. 3.6 protein .2 carb

So lots more calories and fat having two eggs (even a few more carbs!) I would personally stick with the 1 egg 3 whites, but... You can try it both ways to see if you get a similar amount of energy. It could be enough extras to slow you if you are doing it regularly, so just know what the stats are. Since you are adding other things that already will slow you down, you may not want to add even more "extras" that take you even further away from the nutritional numbers that give you better losses.

Glad you are feeling so good on the Alt Plan. If it is working, then it is the right plan for YOU!

Last edited by JLUS; 04-21-2014 at 07:54 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
Since I've switched to the Alternative program, I have more energy and I feel better. I guess adding a carb, fruit, and dairy portion each day will do that! I can tell that the weight loss is slower, but I am walking 30 minutes a day, which hopefully will help increase my losses.

I would love to hear from other members on this Alternative (diabetic) program, and what your daily or weekly menu is like. Hope to hear from lots of peeps!
Hi karkrazy! I have switched to the alternative plan as well a few weeks ago. I too did not feel well, zero energy after two months of regular IP. For me, the cravings were the worst, couldn't get rid of them! The loss will surely be slower, but it's better than quitting altogether!

Chicnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #20  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
Hi karkrazy! I have switched to the alternative plan as well a few weeks ago. I too did not feel well, zero energy after two months of regular IP. For me, the cravings were the worst, couldn't get rid of them! The loss will surely be slower, but it's better than quitting altogether!

You're absolutely right... slower loss is still loss, right?

So, what is your daily menu look like? I'm trying to get suggestions from anyone on the IP Alternative protocol.
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Exactly!

I'm afraid my menu may not help very much. I eat them separately, not really incorporating them with my 'other' food. Basically, I don't eat all three extra foods everyday, only when I feel I need it.

As well, I pretty much always eat my meat at lunch.

Example:

B: Apple, then later will have IP shake
S: Pickles
L: Chicken salad
S: Yogourt
D: Roasted turnips & other veggies + IP chicken soup

Will also have a restricted item somewhere in my day.
Chicnana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello :-) I just switched too!
My menu usually looks like this
Bfast: Chocolate Drink (my favorite) and a banana
snack: Ip product
lunch: whole wheat pasta with crab and peppers with a mustard oil dressing
dinner: eggs (3 eggs and 2 egg whites) with veggies (celery, bell pepper, spinach or cucumber)
Hope it helps :-)
I would like to know how it's going for you girls :-)
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote