Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #46  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Driving home from work today my head wanted to eat.

I can't call this hunger. I had drank an IP chocolate RTD less than 2 hours earlier.

But the craving was definitely there (have a bar! Have a bar!)

I had to tell the inner child, "No. you are not hungry. This is a craving. It will pass. Besides, hunger is NOT an emergency" (thanks Beck Diet Solution for the craving buster!)

I came home and made some decaf coffee. Living thru it like a champ. It IS possible to live without giving in to cravings!

I was at a training all day. The presenter brought LOTS of treats, both sweet and salty/crunchy. Lunch (provided) was fajitas. I had brought a bag of lettuce so I made lettuce wraps with a little meat and the veggies. This is perfect b/c we are unexpectedly going out to dinner tonite and where we're headed, the salads don't have 6-8 oz meat (more like 4) so I'm glad I had some earlier.

The treats don't call to me anymore. I honestly didn't want them. Mostly because I know how they make me feel (sugar & gluten both cause inflammation for me). I brought the chocolate drink b/c I figured there would be treats. It worked to combat it but then I think the inner child wanted a "reward" for having treats right under her nose all day & not imbibing. (Really interesting that I literally didn't want the treats...I wasn't avoiding, they just don't appeal now that I've learned how they truly make me feel).

She DOES get a treat. She gets to know that the adult kept her on plan and she'll be breaking that plateau soon! This is WAY more of a treat than any Easter goodies or salty (carby) snacks! Her treat is just going to be a little delayed gratification. Only children need instant gratification. Adults can wait.
Well done Lisa! I love how you think things through and identify what it is you are really feeling.

And I laughed at your description of the inner child wanting a "reward" - every time I see the word "reward" used when referring to food I think of the line I read on here when I first started:

You are not a dog. Quit rewarding yourself with food.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I took the enzymes for 2 months, I didn't take as many a day as it says on IP food log. It seemed to help, I never felt sick and had no problems with C but now I am out and taking different supplements, I've just started having the C problem the last couple days.
I buy enzymes from Vitacost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Good Morning! Just got to work and am sitting at my desk with a full bottle of ice water trying to drown out the irritating naysayer voice in my head that says I'm going to fail at this diet too, just like all the other ones I've tried. I am on Day 25 and feeling great. Have lost 14.6 pounds. I am doing IP with alternatives so I do my own "official" weigh-in on Monday mornings. So far, I am down 14.6 pounds. However, I do cheat with some "unofficial" weigh-ins just to gauge how the week is going. Yesterday, I was up 1 pound, and this morning it was up another .5...so 1.5 pounds gained since Monday's weigh-in. WTH???

I know there are lots of variables that make weight fluctuate, but still frustrating nonetheless. Here's my question: Have any of you had this happen but then still had a decent loss several days later at your official weigh-in?

The mental component of this journey is so hard for me. I know that I need to just keep going and push the negative thoughts out of my head, but if I have to see a GAIN on the scale after just 4 weeks, I know I will cry!
I didn't trust myself for a LONG time because I had such a hard time sticking to any plan. IP was so EASY! (I still don't trust myself to maintain...it's been my focus since day 1 to make sure I maintain).

Weight loss is not linear. You won't always see consistent losses and weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs throughout the day (so for sure only weigh once/day, at the same time of day, wearing the same thing). It can also fluctuate for MANY reasons throughout the week. Pick one day that is your official weigh-in day. The other days either stay off the scale (if the fluctuations frustrate you too much) or learn to view the scale as only one tool to measure success.

Many people see a 0 loss or slight gain during weeks, 3,4,or 5. It seems to be very common and is probably the first time your body pauses to "regroup". Remember, each weigh in is just a data point. The overall trend line will be DOWN but each point will be more of a jagged line. We MUST learn to view the scale neutrally. If we're sticking to the plan, there is no way gains are fat.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Lisa, I wanted to say thank you for your kind words last night... You are right I tell parents all the time, almost daily that kids behave differently at home than at school and it's been true for a long time for me, my daughters teachers had never experienced anything remotely close to the behaviors I had expressed, and honestly she was doing better at home. But whatever "broke" in January is a mystery.... ... I've never quite experienced that kind of thing in public as none of my other kids had any behavior issues. I guess it's time to take a look at what we're doing at home and see if we need a change....
Hi Amber. I've been offline for a few days so I'm not sure what your issue was with your kids, but since I have some "monkeys" of my own, I can appreciate any parental frustration. My son seems to escalate behaviour issues starting in February -- I even warn his teachers every year when they tell me how well he is doing in the fall that the honeymoon won't last. lol. We try to keep a sense of humour the best we can (because some of the stuff really is sooo ridiculous). Now and then I will start singing to my hubby that Trace Adkins song "You're gonna miss this... you're gonna want this back..." and probably it will be true. For now, I'm just counting the grey hairs and thinking of the stories that go with each one of them... thank goodness for hair dye
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #49  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Oh how I'd love a fruit!!! LOL it's what I miss most, it's almost always what I'm eating in my cheat dreams.
Cheat dreams! That made me laugh. I'm sure my DH were wishing I was dreaming of something other than food. I'll just tell him it was just a special dream with some berries and whipped cream involved... I'll forget to mention HE WASN'T INVITED!

The fruit thing is a biggie for me too. I've thought of doing the Diabetic version of the diet as it has a few differences, including one fruit a day I believe.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:47 PM   #50  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Your lowest carb/cal Quest Bars would be Chocolate Peanut Butter and Strawberry Cheesecake. Both are on the fence between restricted and unrestricted, although I count them as restricted.

Chocolate chip cookie dough is higher than 30% fat so that would be a super-restricted (no more than once/week).
Coconut Cashew would be a restricted.
Thanks Lisa. I didn't see these choices at my grocery store, but maybe I missed it. I ended up having just half of the coconut cashew, and enjoyed every bite Don't like the sounds of "super restricted". Makes me fear it will stir up my sweet/carb craving. Maybe I'll take it to work and see if someone wants it.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
Thanks Lisa. I didn't see these choices at my grocery store, but maybe I missed it. I ended up having just half of the coconut cashew, and enjoyed every bite Don't like the sounds of "super restricted". Makes me fear it will stir up my sweet/carb craving. Maybe I'll take it to work and see if someone wants it.
I had to put myself on chocolate chip cookie dough Quest "time out". To me, they are craving-inducing. Could be because raw cookie dough was a binge-food for me for many years.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #52  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Hi Amber. I've been offline for a few days so I'm not sure what your issue was with your kids, but since I have some "monkeys" of my own, I can appreciate any parental frustration. My son seems to escalate behaviour issues starting in February -- I even warn his teachers every year when they tell me how well he is doing in the fall that the honeymoon won't last. lol. We try to keep a sense of humour the best we can (because some of the stuff really is sooo ridiculous). Now and then I will start singing to my hubby that Trace Adkins song "You're gonna miss this... you're gonna want this back..." and probably it will be true. For now, I'm just counting the grey hairs and thinking of the stories that go with each one of them... thank goodness for hair dye
My youngest has some behavior issues. But the weird things is she's always been good in public for the most part. I'm used to the full blown melt downs at home that last an hour, I have coping methods and all the tricks of my trade (I'm a teacher in an early childhood special ed and intervention program). This public melt down was hard for so many reasons, first everyone was staring at me, and I mean everyone, I don't think people understand the difference between a kid who has bad behavior occasionally or do to lack of parenting and a kid who has an issue like Asperger's. My daughter is not "labeled" but we have had a lot of appointments with behavioral psychologists etc.. It was hard. It almost made me have my own public break down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Cheat dreams! That made me laugh. I'm sure my DH were wishing I was dreaming of something other than food. I'll just tell him it was just a special dream with some berries and whipped cream involved... I'll forget to mention HE WASN'T INVITED!

The fruit thing is a biggie for me too. I've thought of doing the Diabetic version of the diet as it has a few differences, including one fruit a day I believe.
ROTFLMAO that's funny. Poor DH they can be so clueless!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

I bought the dill pickle zippers this week. This is my second week on IP. Does anybody else have a hard time eating the entire package of these?
Old 04-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #54  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
I bought the dill pickle zippers this week. This is my second week on IP. Does anybody else have a hard time eating the entire package of these?
It's a nice change when you can split them up into two snacks. I like to take the South west ones and turn them into a bread crumb as they are spicy enough. My IP version of Shake 'n Bake chicken or a casserole crust topping.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

WI #6, and another 5lbs gone. My school pants would be falling off if I didn't wear a belt--they need to last another 25.5 weekdays!--and when I tried on my concert black last night, I was down a size in the shirt, my vest buttoned and looked fine, and my slacks are TOO BIG!

LOL, that last smiley looks like an Adipose from Doctor Who.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #56  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooluu View Post
The first bag of those I ate no problem but I think it was day 2 or 3, but I couldn't eat them again after that, I ended up opening a second bag and then taking the rest in for trade!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #57  

Beck Diet Solution
Think Thin Thursday Tip: If you were driving on the highway and missed your exit, would you say, “Forget it, I’ve really blown it now” and keep driving in the wrong direction? No! You’d get off at the very next exit and turn around. If you make a mistake, immediately turn yourself around and get right back on track.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-17-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

OMG! Has anyone else tried the new Chocolate Wafers? I had one tonight, and it was yummy!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:12 AM   #59  

New unrestricted IP items coming soon!

-raspberry mousse
- cherry jello
- pancake mix
Old 04-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #60  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
OMG! Has anyone else tried the new Chocolate Wafers? I had one tonight, and it was yummy!!!
I love them!
Closed Thread