Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 190.4/150/150

Height: 5.4

Oh my goodness, you guys are cracking me up!! I actually went to Victoria's Secret for new bras because my 22 yr old daughter told me I looked like a boy, because I looked so "flat". I spent a lot of money, but I feel so much better with my new bras - they really helped with the "girls" after losing so much weight. It was definitely worth it!!
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #32  

Driving home from work today my head wanted to eat.

I can't call this hunger. I had drank an IP chocolate RTD less than 2 hours earlier.

But the craving was definitely there (have a bar! Have a bar!)

I had to tell the inner child, "No. you are not hungry. This is a craving. It will pass. Besides, hunger is NOT an emergency" (thanks Beck Diet Solution for the craving buster!)

I came home and made some decaf coffee. Living thru it like a champ. It IS possible to live without giving in to cravings!

I was at a training all day. The presenter brought LOTS of treats, both sweet and salty/crunchy. Lunch (provided) was fajitas. I had brought a bag of lettuce so I made lettuce wraps with a little meat and the veggies. This is perfect b/c we are unexpectedly going out to dinner tonite and where we're headed, the salads don't have 6-8 oz meat (more like 4) so I'm glad I had some earlier.

The treats don't call to me anymore. I honestly didn't want them. Mostly because I know how they make me feel (sugar & gluten both cause inflammation for me). I brought the chocolate drink b/c I figured there would be treats. It worked to combat it but then I think the inner child wanted a "reward" for having treats right under her nose all day & not imbibing. (Really interesting that I literally didn't want the treats...I wasn't avoiding, they just don't appeal now that I've learned how they truly make me feel).

She DOES get a treat. She gets to know that the adult kept her on plan and she'll be breaking that plateau soon! This is WAY more of a treat than any Easter goodies or salty (carby) snacks! Her treat is just going to be a little delayed gratification. Only children need instant gratification. Adults can wait.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-17-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #33  
Started IP March 25

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

3sisters, I came up with my goal weight by remembering what I weighed when I was happy - for some reason that number on the scale imprinted in my mind, I can still see it. I wasn't tiny, but I was happy and confident. However it's not set in stone, that was 4 years ago so my body may look different this time around.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Anyone take the IP Enzymes? Started today to see if it would help moderate my big C issue. I do the CALM regemine twice a day but thought a pill would be easier to manage.

I ate IP Maple Oatmeal ( a norm for me) this AM and took my enzyme after. I have felt terrible ALL morning. Not sure if it's something else or the enzyme....
I started taking the enzymes when I was getting GERD symptoms and I was working on getting off the PPIs (generic prilosec).

Now I don't need them daily. I use generic Calm (Vitacost brand) at nite before bed. I've read extensively about rampant Magnesium deficiency in our population (esp from people who have taken PPIs) so I feel comfortable using the Calm. It's probably less expensive than other options, as well.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 301/289/240

Height: 6'3

So I had my first weigh in today and I have lost 11lbs. I also lost either 1/4 or 1/2 inch every where else. I am excited but can not want to actually start seeing the results. Plus a had a NSV with having to tighten my belt the other day.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Good Morning! Just got to work and am sitting at my desk with a full bottle of ice water trying to drown out the irritating naysayer voice in my head that says I'm going to fail at this diet too, just like all the other ones I've tried. I am on Day 25 and feeling great. Have lost 14.6 pounds. I am doing IP with alternatives so I do my own "official" weigh-in on Monday mornings. So far, I am down 14.6 pounds. However, I do cheat with some "unofficial" weigh-ins just to gauge how the week is going. Yesterday, I was up 1 pound, and this morning it was up another .5...so 1.5 pounds gained since Monday's weigh-in. WTH???

I know there are lots of variables that make weight fluctuate, but still frustrating nonetheless. Here's my question: Have any of you had this happen but then still had a decent loss several days later at your official weigh-in?

The mental component of this journey is so hard for me. I know that I need to just keep going and push the negative thoughts out of my head, but if I have to see a GAIN on the scale after just 4 weeks, I know I will cry!
I weigh myself every morning (and even write the weight down). My daily weight goes up and down. I have had up to 2 pound fluctuations day to day. However, if I compare any 7 day time period, there has always been a loss. I don't get upset anymore when I see the "gains"; I know it is predictable that a loss is going to follow. I use this forum for support and inspiration. Remember that the daily number on the scale isn't the only reflection of if you are staying OP. Our bodies don't always lose as predictably as we would like, but if we stay OP we WILL lose Hang in there!!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #37  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Anyone take the IP Enzymes? Started today to see if it would help moderate my big C issue. I do the CALM regemine twice a day but thought a pill would be easier to manage.

I ate IP Maple Oatmeal ( a norm for me) this AM and took my enzyme after. I have felt terrible ALL morning. Not sure if it's something else or the enzyme....
I took the enzymes for 2 months, I didn't take as many a day as it says on IP food log. It seemed to help, I never felt sick and had no problems with C but now I am out and taking different supplements, I've just started having the C problem the last couple days.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #38  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Good Morning! Just got to work and am sitting at my desk with a full bottle of ice water trying to drown out the irritating naysayer voice in my head that says I'm going to fail at this diet too, just like all the other ones I've tried. I am on Day 25 and feeling great. Have lost 14.6 pounds. I am doing IP with alternatives so I do my own "official" weigh-in on Monday mornings. So far, I am down 14.6 pounds. However, I do cheat with some "unofficial" weigh-ins just to gauge how the week is going. Yesterday, I was up 1 pound, and this morning it was up another .5...so 1.5 pounds gained since Monday's weigh-in. WTH???

I know there are lots of variables that make weight fluctuate, but still frustrating nonetheless. Here's my question: Have any of you had this happen but then still had a decent loss several days later at your official weigh-in?

The mental component of this journey is so hard for me. I know that I need to just keep going and push the negative thoughts out of my head, but if I have to see a GAIN on the scale after just 4 weeks, I know I will cry!
I have had this same situation more than once and always ended with loss at the end of the week. My lowest loss in 8 weeks was 2.6lbs which was still good and that was the week I went up and down. I swear I gained and lost the same pound 4 times. It happens, weight fluctuates. Deep breath and remember it works!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I took the enzymes for 2 months, I didn't take as many a day as it says on IP food log. It seemed to help, I never felt sick and had no problems with C but now I am out and taking different supplements, I've just started having the C problem the last couple days.
I never took enzymes, but for a short bit I did have to take extra magnesium and lower my calcium dose to take care of the big C. Now that I'm on maintenance, I'm not having any problem even with my regular dose of cal mag - no extra magnesium needed. My coach & I found that my body worked better with the Alternative plan using 1 fruit, 1 dairy 1 starch a day while I was losing.

Liana
Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #40  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I never took enzymes, but for a short bit I did have to take extra magnesium and lower my calcium dose to take care of the big C. Now that I'm on maintenance, I'm not having any problem even with my regular dose of cal mag - no extra magnesium needed. My coach & I found that my body worked better with the Alternative plan using 1 fruit, 1 dairy 1 starch a day while I was losing.

Liana
Oh how I'd love a fruit!!! LOL it's what I miss most, it's almost always what I'm eating in my cheat dreams. But I planned this precisely to be off when all the fruit is ripe in the summer and fall!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #41  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

OK, some advice/opinions please. This is what I had to eat so far today:

B - Crispy Cereal
L - IP Broccoli/Cheese soup, Large salad (lettuce, cucs, pepper) with evoo and a squeeze of lemon
D - Big Mac in a bowl, made with 6 (raw) oz of 93% Ground Beef, dehydrated onions, lettuce, pickles, WF dressing.

I stopped at the grocery and picked up a couple of Quest Bars, since I've been hearing how good they are! I tried to choose the ones with the least net carbs and cals.

Choc Chip Cookie Dough - Cal 190, Fat 8, Carb 21 (17 fiber, 1 sugar) Pro 21.
Coconut Cashew - Cal 170, Fat 6, Carb 25 (17 fiber, 1 sugar) Pro 20.

My question is, would having one of the bars fit in with today's meals and still keep me OP?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #42  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebug470 View Post
So I had my first weigh in today and I have lost 11lbs. I also lost either 1/4 or 1/2 inch every where else. I am excited but can not want to actually start seeing the results. Plus a had a NSV with having to tighten my belt the other day.
Wow! You're off to a great start. Congratulations! It will be great to actually see the results but a really big reward is feeling the results. That is something that surprised me as I lost weight. I haven't felt this good in over 25 years.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #43  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Oh how I'd love a fruit!!! LOL it's what I miss most, it's almost always what I'm eating in my cheat dreams. But I planned this precisely to be off when all the fruit is ripe in the summer and fall!!!
I miss fruit the most too! Saw watermelon in Costco last Sunday, hopefully I'll be able to have one before summer is over!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
Do you guys find that the inches are coming off in only one or two parts of your body (that are measured) or do you find it comes off pretty evenly? I swear, the inches on my hips just will not budge! It's like they are super glued on! I don't even care about a scale victory this week, I just want to see that hip number drop!
The first place you put the weight on is the last place it will come off. Sadly for most of us, it's the place we MOST want it off first.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
OK, some advice/opinions please. This is what I had to eat so far today:

B - Crispy Cereal
L - IP Broccoli/Cheese soup, Large salad (lettuce, cucs, pepper) with evoo and a squeeze of lemon
D - Big Mac in a bowl, made with 6 (raw) oz of 93% Ground Beef, dehydrated onions, lettuce, pickles, WF dressing.

I stopped at the grocery and picked up a couple of Quest Bars, since I've been hearing how good they are! I tried to choose the ones with the least net carbs and cals.

Choc Chip Cookie Dough - Cal 190, Fat 8, Carb 21 (17 fiber, 1 sugar) Pro 21.
Coconut Cashew - Cal 170, Fat 6, Carb 25 (17 fiber, 1 sugar) Pro 20.

My question is, would having one of the bars fit in with today's meals and still keep me OP?
Your lowest carb/cal Quest Bars would be Chocolate Peanut Butter and Strawberry Cheesecake. Both are on the fence between restricted and unrestricted, although I count them as restricted.

Chocolate chip cookie dough is higher than 30% fat so that would be a super-restricted (no more than once/week).
Coconut Cashew would be a restricted.
Closed Thread