Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #16  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by danilynn View Post
I am losing more in my hips, waist and thighs... but my girls (to put it politely) are the very last things to drop.

I am in a size 10 -- it fits snug, if i go the next size up (12) it looks like i poo'd my pants. Or as my husbands says "you look like a fool with your pants on the ground" rapping that to me when i wear my 12's

tops i am still the same size -- Large

I wish my hips and thighs were going faster! My waist is going fastest which is great, my bust is behind it but that is also ok because I have huge breasts, then my thighs. My hips are just hanging on which makes for a very odd dilemma, smaller pants are needed for almost all areas but I can't get them on my butt lol. I've always been an hour glass shaped person and I am hoping to retain that, but I'm headed for the pear lol
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #17  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Lisa, I wanted to say thank you for your kind words last night. I only read them this morning as I was attempting a mommy time out. I sent the girls outside to play and I locked myself in my room. I only got about 10 minutes but it was better than nothing. I should have got 35 as I am supposed to be allowed one minute for every year of age lol.

You are right I tell parents all the time, almost daily that kids behave differently at home than at school and it's been true for a long time for me, my daughters teachers had never experienced anything remotely close to the behaviors I had expressed, and honestly she was doing better at home. But whatever "broke" in January is a mystery. Now everyone is experiencing the behaviors I experience. I guess yesterday was particularly hard because it was our first huge melt down in public, I mean we've had little ones but they've been much easier to circumvent. She's usually very sweet in public, she's very shy and reserved so she stays hidden by me. I've never quite experienced that kind of thing in public as none of my other kids had any behavior issues. I guess it's time to take a look at what we're doing at home and see if we need a change. I know wine is the easy way out, and I don't think without the phone call I would have debating going that route on my own, but it was strange timing, friend called right at the end it was terrible timing. LOL I am much better today. Kids relaxed pretty early so it was a quiet night.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Well, I just weighed in and measured. Down 2lbs but, for the 4th week in a row, ZERO change in my hips in FOUR WEEKS!!! AGH!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #19  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Where does the weight come off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbLover443 View Post
Do you guys find that the inches are coming off in only one or two parts of your body (that are measured) or do you find it comes off pretty evenly? I swear, the inches on my hips just will not budge! It's like they are super glued on! I don't even care about a scale victory this week, I just want to see that hip number drop!
I no longer have a butt. I wear the same size bra although the girls hang differently. TMI
Plenty of flab in my middle section. Shirts are anywhere from XL to XXL but the new jeans are 10s.

ACK!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
I no longer have a butt. I wear the same size bra although the girls hang differently. TMI
Plenty of flab in my middle section. Shirts are anywhere from XL to XXL but the new jeans are 10s.

ACK!!!
blows my mind how differently everyone can carry weight. I'm wearing XL tops and size 10 but am 5 inches taller. I also lack a butt! In the 80 lbs I've lost, I went down one band size and one cup! That is all!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone, This is my first post in the daily chat. I just started IP yesterday. My coach is pretty new so she really didn't have the best answers to some of my questions. I have been reading through the posts on this sight and see that you all are a wealth of knowledge. Is it ok to use the Skinnygirl Monk Fruit extract as a sweetener?? It says it is 0 cal 0 fat 0 carbs. Also how many of the Omega III's should be taken each day?? It is exciting to see from the results that you all are having that this plan works extremely well!!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Anyone take the IP Enzymes? Started today to see if it would help moderate my big C issue. I do the CALM regemine twice a day but thought a pill would be easier to manage.

I ate IP Maple Oatmeal ( a norm for me) this AM and took my enzyme after. I have felt terrible ALL morning. Not sure if it's something else or the enzyme....
Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 218/197.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Good day, all! I had my first big cheat - and it did NOT go well. I was making something (I'm not gonna tempt you with even the name!) and I ate some. Suffice it to say it was very sugary. Well, within a half hour, I felt nauseous, dizzy, and sick.

Suffice it to say I learned my lesson and am back on the straight and narrow today!

I hope you all have a wonderful IP day!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 View Post
Hello Everyone, This is my first post in the daily chat. I just started IP yesterday. My coach is pretty new so she really didn't have the best answers to some of my questions. I have been reading through the posts on this sight and see that you all are a wealth of knowledge. Is it ok to use the Skinnygirl Monk Fruit extract as a sweetener?? It says it is 0 cal 0 fat 0 carbs. Also how many of the Omega III's should be taken each day?? It is exciting to see from the results that you all are having that this plan works extremely well!!
You should take 2 Omega 3's each day at dinner. I don't know about the monk fruit, but I would think it would be ok since WF is sweetened with monk fruit extract.

Good luck!!! I've learned so so much from the people here!! I just jumped in and started asking questions! There's also a ton of info in the sticky notes (first post of the page).
Old 04-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Quote:
Is it ok to use the Skinnygirl Monk Fruit extract as a sweetener??
Hi NaeNae 2113
I use Monk Fruit sweetener (not Skinny Girl) - my counselor said it was okay because it is 0/0/0. I prefer it to Splenda.

Quote:
Anyone take the IP Enzymes?
ems7058 - have never taken the Enzymes but anytime I take a supplement it has to be on a full stomach or I feel sick.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #26  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post

ACK!!!
Lol. My butt is gone, gone, gone. Now when I sit it hurts because my tailbone is sticking out. I read somewhere that women over 40 tend to lose muscle in their bottom half much more than younger women. So, I am hoping all my time on the treadmill will pay off and build some butt muscle. I NEVER thought I'd complain about losing my butt!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Lol. My butt is gone, gone, gone. Now when I sit it hurts because my tailbone is sticking out. I read somewhere that women over 40 tend to lose muscle in their bottom half much more than younger women. So, I am hoping all my time on the treadmill will pay off and build some butt muscle. I NEVER thought I'd complain about losing my butt!
I don't know... I'm 50 and losing the hips, thicker upper thighs took a loooong time. I've always had a fairly small waist - no more than 31 inches even at my heaviest but ..."baby got back!!" I am pretty proud of my (still) nicely rounded, yet smaller tush. Wishing I hadn't lost so much off the girls though - they are a bit saggy and went from D to B+/C-. Using 'cutlets' to keep the tops rounded - I know - TMI! What I noticed is that my knees are too bony to comfortably stack when sleeping on my side - need a little bit of cushion to tuck between.
Liana
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Default Nsv?

Today I am trying hard hard HARD to keep my eating "clean". I had a slip up with breakfast with my 2 yo (took a small bit of his bagel) and bit of a banana. I feel like I am starving when it is my body screaming for sugar or carbs- so I ate a whole head of lettuce ion 3 separate servings topped with EVOO, lemon and Perfect Pinch season and a grind of sea salt. I am now starting on head #2

OMG I am just driving myself crazy. BUT I am mowing through lettuce vs. jelly beans, cookies and stuff like that.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Anyone take the IP Enzymes? Started today to see if it would help moderate my big C issue. I do the CALM regemine twice a day but thought a pill would be easier to manage.

I ate IP Maple Oatmeal ( a norm for me) this AM and took my enzyme after. I have felt terrible ALL morning. Not sure if it's something else or the enzyme....
I don't take the enzymes. I add 1tsp of inulin fibre (like benefibre brand) to shakes and soups to keep from getting "backed up".
Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #30  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I don't know... I'm 50 and losing the hips, thicker upper thighs took a loooong time. I've always had a fairly small waist - no more than 31 inches even at my heaviest but ..."baby got back!!" I am pretty proud of my (still) nicely rounded, yet smaller tush. Wishing I hadn't lost so much off the girls though - they are a bit saggy and went from D to B+/C-. Using 'cutlets' to keep the tops rounded - I know - TMI! What I noticed is that my knees are too bony to comfortably stack when sleeping on my side - need a little bit of cushion to tuck between.
Liana
I know it sounds silly, but I have always wanted a round backside. I started out with a pretty flat butt anyway, but as I got heavier it certainly got wider! I joked with DH that I now understand why some women get butt implants or that Brazilian Butt Lift. Myself, as a 50 year old grandmother I suppose it would be inappropriate to do that. ha ha! My knees are the same when I lay on my side, and I know others have mentioned the same problem. I have seen those body pillows and figured those would be perfect for that.

Speaking of the "girls", mine are a lost cause. sniff, sniff. My SIL bought those "cutlets" as well. I was thinking of doing the same.

No matter, I would take all of these little issues any day compared to how I felt before losing the weight.
Closed Thread