Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #196  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Murphy I haven't been doing so well either... I mean I'm still staying IP all week, and eating IP on weekends, but I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and some drinks last weekend.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Murphy I haven't been doing so well either... I mean I'm still staying IP all week, and eating IP on weekends, but I had a couple glasses of wine this weekend and some drinks last weekend.
If only wine were allowed on this diet then I think life might be perfect!!!!!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #198  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

5 months in and the monotony is starting to weigh. One moment I want to persevere and the next I want to phase off and take a break. I can't say I have had a major cheat but my measuring is getting a little loose. I'm eating way too much red meat and I am so bored with the veggies I like I don't want to eat them. I eat a lot of celery. It makes me doubt that I will be able to maintain in the future as I don't see me forcefeeding myself veggies. I do it now because it's all I've got. Given the choice, I think I might still chose pop. I've never been a wine drinker so at least I don't have those temptations.

I want so much to be 100% to get these last 25 off.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #199  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

ChipnDip:
I'm sorry for the monotony and the struggle you are experiencing right now. I understand what you are saying and struggling with. I found myself allowing myself to have a extra bar, and it was not as occasional when I sat down after the fact. I've cut those out and low and behold the scale is giving me losses again. Sounds like you know exactly where you need to tweak to lose those last 25lbs. I wish you only the best, I know how much meeting goal means after the long haul....5 months of restricted eating is a very long time.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #200  
AmberLS

I don't mind the food and veggies themselves, granted sometimes I'd like to make corn or green beans, but for the most part I love veggies. I still weigh and measure most of the time, but I've gotten to a point where I'm making family meals again (for awhile I was making my food and feeding my kids separately). Anyway if I make several steaks and a some grilled asparagus I don't exactly measure my veggies, I just take what I think I've come to learn looks like 2 cups on my plate lol. I'm glad boredom is not a problem for me, wine is much more of a culprit than anything. I just want to have a glass of wine at the end of a long day and relax a little. It's all I've ever had in life to relax. I know everyone has all sorts of ways the exchange this, but I can't take baths do to chronic yeast infections plus it's not relaxing to hear my kids pounding at the door. Pedicures don't relax me lol they put me on edge, I can't afford massages. I like to sit outside, look at the moon and drink a glass of wine. I find it peaceful and beautiful. I find myself wavering, deep down I'd like to lose 41, which puts me at 149 which is exactly a healthy bmi for my height. But in reality I'm starting to feel like 30 is ok, because being ten pounds over weight isn't a big deal... plus I'm pretty muscular so it may be more realistic. Diet fatigue is a real thing. I fight with myself to say just buckle down and get done for good. But honestly I know that IP will now forever be in my life. I will phase off and do maintenance but if I gain 5lbs I'm going P1 for a week to keep my weight where I want. Maybe part of the problem is that I'm very happy with how I look right now lol, it's easy to make comparisons and say well I've come so far look at the difference I should be proud and I am. I have a body I can like. I'm under 200 and for me that sometimes feels like enough. Of course I'd like to be no longer considered obese so there's at least another 5lbs I believe and then 10lbs more for comfort lol so at the least another 15lbs to go which would put me 5lbs under my original goal and 15-25lbs over my ultimate goal. Maybe I need a break, maybe I just need to truck through. I don't know.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #201  
AmberLS

Someone posted this link in daily chat... but since I'm struggling to decide where I want to go this helped....
http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/calculate...ght?eprivacy=1
Old 07-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Amber-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to what you are saying. I do miss my wine, but I know that I can't have it, at least for the time being. The goal weight that I chose is for myself is 140, not sure that is realistic but it's a starting point. According to the dunkandiet my goal should be 156, that's probably a bit more realistic, but again we'll see how I feel as I get closer. My worry is that I will settle once I get under 200. I don't want to get at a weight and stay there because I am "comfortable" I really want to make it to my goal weight, even if I change my goal to higher weight, does that make sense? I worry that once I get comfortable in my skin that I will begin to add little cheats in, a glass of wine, a bite of cheese, etc. And I just really don't want to do that. For once in my life I want to see something through to completion. I don't want to settle. It's easy to stay the course right now, because I am not at a happy place yet. But I have never had this much determination so I believe that I will see it through, especially with you all!!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
5 months in and the monotony is starting to weigh. One moment I want to persevere and the next I want to phase off and take a break. I can't say I have had a major cheat but my measuring is getting a little loose. I'm eating way too much red meat and I am so bored with the veggies I like I don't want to eat them. I eat a lot of celery. It makes me doubt that I will be able to maintain in the future as I don't see me forcefeeding myself veggies. I do it now because it's all I've got. Given the choice, I think I might still chose pop. I've never been a wine drinker so at least I don't have those temptations.

I want so much to be 100% to get these last 25 off.
Chipndip, you've done so great hang in there.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #204  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Amber-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can relate to what you are saying. I do miss my wine, but I know that I can't have it, at least for the time being. The goal weight that I chose is for myself is 140, not sure that is realistic but it's a starting point. According to the dunkandiet my goal should be 156, that's probably a bit more realistic, but again we'll see how I feel as I get closer. My worry is that I will settle once I get under 200. I don't want to get at a weight and stay there because I am "comfortable" I really want to make it to my goal weight, even if I change my goal to higher weight, does that make sense? I worry that once I get comfortable in my skin that I will begin to add little cheats in, a glass of wine, a bite of cheese, etc. And I just really don't want to do that. For once in my life I want to see something through to completion. I don't want to settle. It's easy to stay the course right now, because I am not at a happy place yet. But I have never had this much determination so I believe that I will see it through, especially with you all!!!!
It makes perfect sense, it's exactly what is happening to me... I've reached a weight where I'm comfortable and although I'm still practicing good behavior I am not 100% OP maybe 97% and I'm allowing myself to think it's ok if I lose weight a little slower and enjoy myself a little now that I'm comfortable... again it's almost never food, it's a glass of wine or a drink with friends which contains cranberry juice... Idk... I guess it's safe to say I'm struggling. I'm at a crossroads where I feel like giving up so to speak. I need to figure out what I want. I've done well, this is the first diet I've ever done so I can't say anything about that. I won't let myself regain.. but am I comfy here or do I want more? Comfy at barely obese.. seems stupid to say but I feel great. IDK....
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
It makes perfect sense, it's exactly what is happening to me... I've reached a weight where I'm comfortable and although I'm still practicing good behavior I am not 100% OP maybe 97% and I'm allowing myself to think it's ok if I lose weight a little slower and enjoy myself a little now that I'm comfortable... again it's almost never food, it's a glass of wine or a drink with friends which contains cranberry juice... Idk... I guess it's safe to say I'm struggling. I'm at a crossroads where I feel like giving up so to speak. I need to figure out what I want. I've done well, this is the first diet I've ever done so I can't say anything about that. I won't let myself regain.. but am I comfy here or do I want more? Comfy at barely obese.. seems stupid to say but I feel great. IDK....
Years ago after my 4th child I lost 120lbs. My lowest weight was 140 and I maintained it for exactly one week! Lol then I hung out in the 150's for a while, then the 160.....got up to 190 and stayed there for quite a few years. Then before I knew it I was at my all time high 260. Scared the heck out of me, which brought me to IP. I never thought I'd let myself get over 200lbs again.

I want to get to a place where I feel comfortable again, but not too comfortable that I don't reach my goal- whatever that may be. I think you're doing great!!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #206  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

How's everyone out there doing?
Love to hear the good the bad and the ugly from everyone.
I'm about 11lbs from my goal weight and plan on going to phase 2 in about 5lbs, as is my husband. I wanted the weight loss but, I don't know if I REALLY considered that it would be a tangible goal, do you know what I mean?
I hope all is well with all of you!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 331/245/189

Height: 5'10'

Great work Johnsdeere
I only get weighed in every 2 weeks now.
My weigh in is tomorrow and I had lost 70lbs. I hope tomorrows weigh-in will have a loss of 5lbs (I do not keep scales at home). As you can see from my ticker I still have a long way to go.
My overall goal is to lose another 30 - 40lbs by December which will be tough. However I have laser-like focus on achieving it!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #208  
IP 02/08/2014

S/C/G: 261/215/175

Height: 5'9"

I started in February and was doing great until I went on a 2 week business trip at the beginning of June. I planned on staying OP and thought it would be easy during my trip but a few glasses of wine got the best of me and by the end of the trip, I was 100% off plan. Slippery slope I guess.

Now here it is August and I am just now getting back on track. For me it was really hard to start IP over during the summer. Travel, cocktails, fresh fruit, all got the best of me.

Honestly it was nice to have a break from IP. Also, I was so happy with my 40 lb loss that it made it easier to take a break but when I see everyone's ticker at 60-70lbs now, I do have some regrets but all I can do it get back on plan and get back to dropping some lbs.

At my WI on Saturday I was only up 6 lbs, not bad for 9 weeks off eating pretty badly. Hopefully I can get moving in the right direction and be in onderland by my birthday.

Congrats to everyone on your great losses! It is inspiring to know I can get there too if I stay OP!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #209  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnalosit View Post
I started in February and was doing great until I went on a 2 week business trip at the beginning of June. I planned on staying OP and thought it would be easy during my trip but a few glasses of wine got the best of me and by the end of the trip, I was 100% off plan. Slippery slope I guess.

Now here it is August and I am just now getting back on track. For me it was really hard to start IP over during the summer. Travel, cocktails, fresh fruit, all got the best of me.

Honestly it was nice to have a break from IP. Also, I was so happy with my 40 lb loss that it made it easier to take a break but when I see everyone's ticker at 60-70lbs now, I do have some regrets but all I can do it get back on plan and get back to dropping some lbs.

At my WI on Saturday I was only up 6 lbs, not bad for 9 weeks off eating pretty badly. Hopefully I can get moving in the right direction and be in onderland by my birthday.

Congrats to everyone on your great losses! It is inspiring to know I can get there too if I stay OP!
Hi Gnalosit,

I did the same thing... I'm a March starter and lost 50 lbs in the first 100 days.... well... then the trip to Hawaii came on the 4th of July and that's a looooong five weeks off even tho my vacay was only one week!

Time for me to climb back on the horse!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 181/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm glad to discover I'm not the only one who took some time off and isn't too worse for wear!

I was just tired, had lost a good deal of weight and was happy, and was ready for fresh summer fruits, starting an exercise program and patio bevies!
Yes, I've gained 10 pounds back, but am done with indulging and am ready to refocus and get back on track so I can lose 20 or so more pounds.

Now that I'm close to where I want to be though I'm looking to continue exercising and just eat primarily P3 style. Weight will come of slower, but I don't feel the need to rush at this point. I was in a hurry to lose at the start because I was just so uncomfortable in my own skin.

Thanks for sharing your "time outs" experiences!
Closed Thread