Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #46  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
Thank goodness I felt a lot better today..though I rushed home to throw my dinner in the oven because I am Starving!! One day at a time I keep telling myself... I just need to get to weigh in. One question, can I use Walden farms in Phase 1?
I assume yes. My coach has pretty much made me want to buy every product they carry. She suggested getting the vanilla pudding and mixing in some "jam" or the "nut butter".

I have 2 of the dressings already. 0carb, 0fat, 0sugar.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #47  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hi all -- Just started yesterday, hope I can join in here!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Hi all -- Just started yesterday, hope I can join in here!
Welcome!

Read, read, read...you'll do great!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #49  

Default Perfect analogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
If the ketosis sticks are showing a trace, that means you are in ketosis. It's like being pregnant: you can't be in a little bit of ketosis.
That's a great reminder, thank you! I was getting frustrated that my sticks barely changed at all.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #50  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Most coaches tell people they can have an extra packet the first week if necessary. Our bodies do adapt quickly

I HIGHLY suggest meal planning & leaving nothing to chance. When I saw you had no idea what dinner would be, that was a red flag for me.

I just finished dinner and I'm planning tomorrow. I'll know what is for B, L, D, S before I go to bed.

Planning = success!
I so agree! There is less stress and minimal chance for slipping up if you plan in advance. Cook on weekends, chop veggies and package in baggies, have some veggies and packets stashed at work (even some frozen veggies, if possible, or a jar of pickles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy7613 View Post
Thank goodness I felt a lot better today..though I rushed home to throw my dinner in the oven because I am Starving!! One day at a time I keep telling myself... I just need to get to weigh in. One question, can I use Walden farms in Phase 1?
As far as I know, WF products are acceptable in all phases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSorrell View Post
Well, the Coach called me around 4:30 to remind me I could have "unlimited lettuce" and if I couldn't hang to go ahead and have another packet. I opted to hold out and came home to have seasoned chicken cutlets, roasted asparagus, with romaine. That first bite of asparagus tasted soooooo good! I found a slow-cooker italian beef that I will give a go this weekend, but I think my biggest hurdle is revamping my cooking. I'm sure that once I have at least 10 go-to recipes, I can breathe a little bit.

What are all of you using on your salads?
On my salads, I use plan EVOO mostly. Sometimes I chop some herbs and mix it into the olive oil; other times I add lemon. As for go-to recipes, here are a few of our favs:
* stuffed peppers (with a mix of ground bison and ground turkey)
* taco meat wrapped in lettuce leaves
* roasted veggies tossed in grapeseed oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (broc, cauli, zucchini, cabbage, turnips...YUMMMM)
* chicken breasts in crock put over chunks of zucchini, with a little tomato and Italian herbs
* baked chicken in low sodium soy with a splash of red wine and Italian herbs
* burger patties (gr. beef, bison, or turkey) crumbled over cauli rice
* shrimp! Yummmm
* seared scallops
* egg frittata with your veggies baked in- almost too much food, but yum!

I hope this helps!!

~ Renee
Closed Thread