Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 12:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

So last night my husband comes and says "it is time for you to go to bed. Kids have been begging me for pizza for 3 weeks and I have promised they can have it today. I know how you get around pizza and dont want you to be mad at me." So I went to hang out in my room with a herbal tea and a book.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone! Been gone for a week or so cause I had company and we were very busy. Well I had mentioned my nervousness in trying to stay on program with my friend here (wanting me to eat with her) She did voice her disappointment that I was not "eating" cause she wanted to eat. I am so proud of myself......I stayed on program about 80% I did have some meat and cheese but followed my breakfasts and lunches and snacks. I did not lose any weight this week but I stayed the same and am back on the program this morning. NSV not giving in to peer pressure and being successful. YAY!! Have a great weekend everyone..
Old 03-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Kontesanera, had to smile at your post. Glad that you stayed strong!

I had to serve ice cream sundaes to 22, 7th graders yesterday. I asked the para if she would scoop the ice cream, explained that ice cream is my weakness. I did the whip cream and sprinkles. I had the kids put on their own fudge. All in a days work to stay IP.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #34  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post

I had to serve ice cream sundaes to 22, 7th graders yesterday. I asked the para if she would scoop the ice cream, explained that ice cream is my weakness. I did the whip cream and sprinkles. I had the kids put on their own fudge. All in a days work to stay IP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesanera View Post
So last night my husband comes and says "it is time for you to go to bed. Kids have been begging me for pizza for 3 weeks and I have promised they can have it today. I know how you get around pizza and dont want you to be mad at me." So I went to hang out in my room with a herbal tea and a book.
LOVING the support you are getting and the wisdom you show in asking for help! Way to go!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #35  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Starting to pack for an 8 day trip to tour colleges in California with my daughter. I have all my IP food, but do any of you have recommendations for how to pack it? I'm going to check a suitcase (I think I need a bag, just for my food ) so that things don't get smooshed? I'm taking several of the crisps and don't want to end up in crumbs, plus it would be nice to have it organized. I'm thinking some sort of plastic box would be best. I'm taking a few RTD, bars, crisps, and then packets. Plus, I have packets of dressing and a few other necessities. I'm so determined to do this trip 100% OP. Finding my veggies will be the hardest part, I think. I'll be staying some of the nights in hotels and other nights with family members...moving every single day to somewhere else. It's going to be hectic.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #36  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Pizza has always been my weakness, my hubby took th kids to cici's so it wasn't in the house
Then he felt bad leaving me at home lol
Old 03-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #37  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I spent years avoiding mirrors. I don't think I realized I was doing it until recently. Burying doing my hair in the morning, I don't think I would really look again. Well, I happened to catch my reflection yesterday and I had to do a double take. A NSV for sure - CHEEKBONES!! Woohoo!
Old 03-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Dc0826 oh sorry! Hope it's not the food, maybe a combo of things or the stomach flu. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

So for a sweet I found this tea I love, absolutely love! It's Harney & Sons decaf hot cinnamon tea in the silk sachet! Somewhat pricey but oh so sweet and strong, 1 sachet makes a few cups. Needless to say, you must love cinnamon but if anyone's looking for something new def try it, I bought it on amazon.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I spent years avoiding mirrors. I don't think I realized I was doing it until recently. Burying doing my hair in the morning, I don't think I would really look again. Well, I happened to catch my reflection yesterday and I had to do a double take. A NSV for sure - CHEEKBONES!! Woohoo!
A great NSV for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Good Morning everyone! Been gone for a week or so cause I had company and we were very busy. Well I had mentioned my nervousness in trying to stay on program with my friend here (wanting me to eat with her) She did voice her disappointment that I was not "eating" cause she wanted to eat. I am so proud of myself......I stayed on program about 80% I did have some meat and cheese but followed my breakfasts and lunches and snacks. I did not lose any weight this week but I stayed the same and am back on the program this morning. NSV not giving in to peer pressure and being successful. YAY!! Have a great weekend everyone..
Ruby girl- sound like you handled having company over well and way to go getting back OP right away. A huge NSV not giving into peer pressure, a skill that will make you succeed during maintenance p.

Quote:
OMG I love pizza, I may have to use your strategy of a book and tea when my kids eat it.

It feels like warmer weather is never going to get here. Windy and chilly today.
I have the results of the weigh loss challenge at the gym in an hour, I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks not sure what the other participants did. I already feel so good and need to focus on my plan to keep losing.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Daughter left this morning and about halfway back to school now. Got a nice swim in and finally was able to replenish health groceries. Since we traveled last week and then this has been tech week there has been no time.

My pain will only go away when I get both hips replaced. Right now I just work on pain management, chiropractic, and a cortisone shot very soon. My motivation for the weight loss was directly related to getting weight off my hips. They say there is a 1 to 3 weight relationship. 50 pounds is taking off 150 pounds of pressure off my joints.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #42  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post

Great job staying on program, Slipfree.

Ice cream is my weakness and I bet for half the gals on here too.

Last edited by IPCali; 03-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

WI #5 - Down 3.2!!! I look in the mirror and I see the difference. My tight clothes are now a bit loose. I went shopping in my closet this morning, but still not going down a size yet. That's ok. It's the downward part that I'm really excited about.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

Quote:
Starting to pack for an 8 day trip to tour colleges in California with my daughter. I have all my IP food, but do any of you have recommendations for how to pack it? I'm going to check a suitcase (I think I need a bag, just for my food ) so that things don't get smooshed? I'm taking several of the crisps and don't want to end up in crumbs, plus it would be nice to have it organized. I'm thinking some sort of plastic box would be best. I'm taking a few RTD, bars, crisps, and then packets. Plus, I have packets of dressing and a few other necessities. I'm so determined to do this trip 100% OP. Finding my veggies will be the hardest part, I think. I'll be staying some of the nights in hotels and other nights with family members...moving every single day to somewhere else. It's going to be hectic.
Jendilly -
Have you thought about shipping a box to your first stop? It might be about the same as the cost of a checked bag and you won't have to lug it into the airport? Then you won't have to worry about bringing an extra bag home.

Just a thought.

Good luck on the trip!
Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good afternoon everyone. Spent the morning digging the garden now I'm writing report cards. The weather is beautiful today. I'm down 3lbs and have met my first goal. Feeling good!
Quote:
I was reading a thing on Facebook today about a woman who did research into the top pizza places. Most of the top companies, Domino's, Papa John's, etc., would not release their ingredient list. But some that did, she found some pretty awful stuff in there. Incredible amounts of MSG, hidden sugars, very low quality meats. Not surprising that our reaction to pizza is to want more. Better off without it.

http://foodbabe.com/2014/03/23/if-yo...low-your-mind/

Last edited by catlady1981; 03-29-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Closed Thread