Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #106  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.
Sometimes I too would like to wake up with the last 20 or so pounds off... BUT my brain truly hasn't caught up to the amount of weight I've lost already... you are right... this new lifestyle is a marathon that will never end.. even when the weight is off we will have to work hard at maintenance.. its a conscious choice to be happy when we wake up and look in the mirror, not to mention the sense of accomplishment that we stuck to the plan and got to goal! Keep your chin up! This is the plan we chose for ourselves so we might as well see it through to the end!!

I personally know people who have done this plan and maintained well over a year so I know it can work if we follow it through!!

I've had way more easy days than hard ones since I started this (but yes, the hard days are HARD!) and it truly is worth it when I look in the mirror and see that semi attractive blonde woman who I am trying to get re-acquainted with...

Keep going!!! You can do it!!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 03-30-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
OK, I've got some time, so here are some encouraging words . . .

Don't give in to the mood you are in. It is a mood, a passing moment. Stay on the wagon and ride it out. You will eventually catch back up to yourself and you will be so glad that you did. Pay no attention to what MFP is telling you. It is currently calibrated to a traditional weight loss/weight maintenance rubric. I do not use MFP, but I know others on here do and have found a way to restructure it so that it reflects the IP goals. I suggest you take time to do that so that you do not subject yourself to mixed messages about whether or not you are doing it "right."

I started IP approximately 13 months ago. I have lost 112.5 lbs so far. I can tell you in complete honesty that it is ALL worth it -- all the food "missed," all the hungry days, all the struggles with doubt, all the mood swings, all the thoughts of "how long it will take," ALL OF IT. I would do it all again. I would do it all for the rest of my life to feel the way I do now . . . and I've still got a good 10lbs more to goal. I currently wear that size 6 you spoke about. If I can do it, you can do it. And, know what? It is even better than you are imaging it. It is well worth scraping your kids' leftovers right into the garbage where they belong. When you are zipping up your new size 6s, you won't even remember that food that seems to be speaking to you right now, trust me.

IP, at least for me, is a snowball effect. You are in the most difficult time right now. The snowball is formed, it is beginning to roll, but it is just starting to get heavy. You are at the point, right now, where you need to bear down and give it another big heave. Push hard and push through and that snowball will get up some momentum and speed (as reflected by the number on the scale and on the tape measure), and you won't have to push as hard to keep it moving . . . it all starts kind of working together. So, for today, just set your mind to giving that big push forward again. Don't discuss any other options with yourself. Shut down that little voice that is arguing with you about needing 1200 calories. Just shut it down. That voice is not your friend. That voice is the unhealthy side of yourself trying to self-preserve. Don't listen. Bear down and push forward and wait until you see what that rolling snowball will have done for you by this summer.

Good luck!
Love this advice and words of encouragement! I am on Day 7 and it has been a hard and hungry week! Not sure if I will ever get used to the constant hungry feeling and not sure if it will ever go away! Your story inspired me! I wanna zip up size 6's or 8's!!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #108  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Love this advice and words of encouragement! I am on Day 7 and it has been a hard and hungry week! Not sure if I will ever get used to the constant hungry feeling and not sure if it will ever go away! Your story inspired me! I wanna zip up size 6's or 8's!!
You WILL absolutely do it. All you have to do is trust the plan. That was so hard for me in the beginning because other diets had failed me so many times. This will work as long as you stick with it. I'm telling you, this is the hardest part. Once you get over the first hump, or two, things start building on themselves and it gets easier. That is not to say that there aren't still hard days and hungry days, etc., but once you really KNOW and SEE that it works, you will have the strength to stick with it through the hard times. Right now, you're working blind, and you're uncomfortable, so it is really difficult. Once you get to see the inches melt off and the pounds reduce, your fortitude will strengthen. Just stick with it.

(Btw, I see you are a Maryland gal. Me, too! ) Anyway, I'm glad something I said helped you. I remember so many people helping me last year at this time.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #109  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Why why why? TOM is bad enough toying with my emotions, making me moody but when there are goings on it makes me a nightmare to be with (and I mean for myself) lol. I know it's hard to believe in just reading my posts on here that I used to be and usually am an optimistic happy person. I gotta get myself back together or stop having TOM, this diet has made me have my TOM every two weeks so I feel fine for a week and then moody lol. GRRRR
Old 03-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity311 View Post
Hi everybody. I'm on day 7 and this is the first day I've felt sorry for myself and been really tempted to eat off plan. I'm looking at my kids' food, what's left on their plates, thinking they are crazy for not eating it because it looks so delicious. I don't want to, but I get resentful that this - obesity, food addiction, compulsive overeating, slow metabolism - is my burden to bear rather than something else. I want to keep going, I know I need to... I want impossible results (go to sleep and wake up a size 6) and I have trouble with the marathon of healthy eating opposed to a sprint. Also I keep wondering if adding some calories could be helpful. My Fitness Pal app tells me everyday that I'm not eating enough calories which can make it harder to lose weight. I'm at about 750/day, they recommend 1200 minimum. If you have time, I'd love to get some encouraging words. Thanks for reading.
Serenity311 I'm on day 5 so don't have really any experience. I do love cinnamon and look forward to cinnamon tea everyday, my coach suggested chicken broth and iceberg when feeling hungry. It's motivation. Write down why you started. Make a motivation board....talk to all of us. You CAN do this were here for you.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 300/249/180

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

Don't give in to the mood you are in. It is a mood, a passing moment. Stay on the wagon and ride it out. You will eventually catch back up to yourself and you will be so glad that you did. Pay no attention to what MFP is telling you. It is currently calibrated to a traditional weight loss/weight maintenance rubric. I do not use MFP, but I know others on here do and have found a way to restructure it so that it reflects the IP goals. I suggest you take time to do that so that you do not subject yourself to mixed messages about whether or not you are doing it "right."

I started IP approximately 13 months ago. I have lost 112.5 lbs so far. I can tell you in complete honesty that it is ALL worth it -- all the food "missed," all the hungry days, all the struggles with doubt, all the mood swings, all the thoughts of "how long it will take," ALL OF IT. I would do it all again. I would do it all for the rest of my life to feel the way I do now . . . and I've still got a good 10lbs more to goal. I currently wear that size 6 you spoke about. If I can do it, you can do it. And, know what? It is even better than you are imaging it. It is well worth scraping your kids' leftovers right into the garbage where they belong. When you are zipping up your new size 6s, you won't even remember that food that seems to be speaking to you right now, trust me.

IP, at least for me, is a snowball effect. You are in the most difficult time right now. The snowball is formed, it is beginning to roll, but it is just starting to get heavy. You are at the point, right now, where you need to bear down and give it another big heave. Push hard and push through and that snowball will get up some momentum and speed (as reflected by the number on the scale and on the tape measure), and you won't have to push as hard to keep it moving . . . it all starts kind of working together. So, for today, just set your mind to giving that big push forward again. Don't discuss any other options with yourself. Shut down that little voice that is arguing with you about needing 1200 calories. Just shut it down. That voice is not your friend. That voice is the unhealthy side of yourself trying to self-preserve. Don't listen. Bear down and push forward and wait until you see what that rolling snowball will have done for you by this summer.

Good luck!
Sylvite shirt, you made me cry and feel a burst of motivation, thanks for taking the time to encourage us all!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:13 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 205/190/140

Height: 5'8"

I was curious about exercise. Would a light exercise routine slow down weight loss? I walk my dogs every night but I'd like to start riding my bike also. Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #113  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
Quote:
You WILL absolutely do it. All you have to do is trust the plan. That was so hard for me in the beginning because other diets had failed me so many times. This will work as long as you stick with it. I'm telling you, this is the hardest part. Once you get over the first hump, or two, things start building on themselves and it gets easier. That is not to say that there aren't still hard days and hungry days, etc., but once you really KNOW and SEE that it works, you will have the strength to stick with it through the hard times. Right now, you're working blind, and you're uncomfortable, so it is really difficult. Once you get to see the inches melt off and the pounds reduce, your fortitude will strengthen. Just stick with it.

(Btw, I see you are a Maryland gal. Me, too! ) Anyway, I'm glad something I said helped you. I remember so many people helping me last year at this time.
SylviesGirL- Thank you for your motivation! It truly is inspiring and so very helpful

MarylandMom- I am on day 4 and completely empathize with the hunger pangs! We are right around the same starting weight and height.

To both of you- I am a Maryland girl too!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #114  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow! Lots of Marylanders on the boards! Way to go, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubygirl View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable alternative to the IP Crispy Cereal?? I tried the pancakes made with this an WOW they were delicious. Need to find a less expensive one. thanks
I bought the Maple Grove Farms sugar free pancake mix yesterday and made it this morning. Used liquid egg and no oil, added a little cinnamon to the mix and extra water to make thinner pancakes. They were fab! (Now, I have never had the crispy cereal pancakes, but these were yummy!) The bkx cost about four bucks for ten servings- way cheaper than anything IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Why why why? TOM is bad enough toying with my emotions, making me moody but when there are goings on it makes me a nightmare to be with (and I mean for myself) lol. I know it's hard to believe in just reading my posts on here that I used to be and usually am an optimistic happy person. I gotta get myself back together or stop having TOM, this diet has made me have my TOM every two weeks so I feel fine for a week and then moody lol. GRRRR
Oh, Amber, I had a number of months when I had two periods. I hated it! Ugh. And this is on the pill! Now, my TOM comes right in the middle of a pack of pills! Weird! Not much I can do about it, but wanted you to know you are not alone.

Renee
Old 03-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #115  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Good luck!
That was so inspiring and encouraging, Sylvies Girl!

Wow! I'm on day 13 and that means so much to me to read of your

outstanding personal achievement!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Good luck!
This was one of the most encouraging things I've ever read. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #117  

Quote:

Good luck!
Another one in line to say thank you!!

And your avatar is SO cute!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am so proud of me, I have stayed at abt 98% today which is a HUGE accomplishment for me!!

Tomorrow I am shooting for 99% and 100% by Tuesday ( I am taking this in small strides, because keeping 100% is so hard for me and I do not know why )

SO I am proud of me today!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #119  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Wow! Lots of Marylanders on the boards! Way to go, ladies!

I bought the Maple Grove Farms sugar free pancake mix yesterday and made it this morning. Used liquid egg and no oil, added a little cinnamon to the mix and extra water to make thinner pancakes. They were fab! (Now, I have never had the crispy cereal pancakes, but these were yummy!) The bkx cost about four bucks for ten servings- way cheaper than anything IP!

Oh, Amber, I had a number of months when I had two periods. I hated it! Ugh. And this is on the pill! Now, my TOM comes right in the middle of a pack of pills! Weird! Not much I can do about it, but wanted you to know you are not alone.

Renee
Yeah I'm on the pill too, my TOM totally has a mind of it's own, seriously I've been on the plan for six weeks and this is my 3rd cycle, it's irritating, it would be less irritating if it didn't make me so irritable, come with ridiculous cramps, and if I didn't hemorrhage (all things I didn't have problems with pre IP) I understand why IP does that but it doesn't help to make it anymore pleasant! LOL
Old 03-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #120  
AmberLS

On another note tomorrow is official way in day and marks 6 entire weeks at 100% OP, and as long as my weight doesn't go up I will have lost 24lbs or more... that's a 4lb per week average woot woot...
Closed Thread