Old 02-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #31  
maintaining since 9/2013

carliemartini: there are a few flavors: mint, original, chocolate are the ones i know. I couldn't stand chocolate-it didn't taste anything like chocolate; the original reminded me a little of licorice; Mint is the one I use.

I think it's wise to use as it as infrequently as possible and employ natural remedies: increased water, possibly probiotics. I was fortunate to have used Smooth Move tea for about 6 mo and then tapering to every other day for a week. Once I was on P4 eating more food, everything went back to baseline for me....though my colon probably depends on caffeine, lol.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 231/176/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
carliemartini: there are a few flavors: mint, original, chocolate are the ones i know. I couldn't stand chocolate-it didn't taste anything like chocolate; the original reminded me a little of licorice; Mint is the one I use.

I think it's wise to use as it as infrequently as possible and employ natural remedies: increased water, possibly probiotics. I was fortunate to have used Smooth Move tea for about 6 mo and then tapering to every other day for a week. Once I was on P4 eating more food, everything went back to baseline for me....though my colon probably depends on caffeine, lol.
Yes! Caffeine always helps in that area. Before IP coffee was my lifeblood...

Thanks for the recommendation. Next time I'm at my local market I'll see if I can find some of that tea.
carliemartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

I bought some CALM at GNC yesterday and had 2 tsp in a glass of cold water before bed. It sort of tasted like alka-selzer to me...not horrendous but that fizzy cloudy drink.

Aside from some very loud stomach grumbling in bed, I had no bad side effects. I slept like a rock last night and had a soft BM first thing this morning after my cup of coffee. Woo hoo!

For all of you that use CALM, how often? Every night? The full 2 tsp? Thanks!!
sunflwr816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
I bought some CALM at GNC yesterday and had 2 tsp in a glass of cold water before bed. It sort of tasted like alka-selzer to me...not horrendous but that fizzy cloudy drink.

Aside from some very loud stomach grumbling in bed, I had no bad side effects. I slept like a rock last night and had a soft BM first thing this morning after my cup of coffee. Woo hoo!

For all of you that use CALM, how often? Every night? The full 2 tsp? Thanks!!
I use it twice a day. When I first started taking it, I did 1/2 tsp in the AM and PM. Then about 4 days later, I switched it to (1) tsp in the AM. Be very careful. One day I wasn't paying attention and did (1) tsp in the AM AND PM, it was bad. real bad. something I don't even like thinking about...bad....
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I use it twice a day. When I first started taking it, I did 1/2 tsp in the AM and PM. Then about 4 days later, I switched it to (1) tsp in the AM. Be very careful. One day I wasn't paying attention and did (1) tsp in the AM AND PM, it was bad. real bad. something I don't even like thinking about...bad....
Oh geez!! I've had a few of those...don't feel too bad. I did 2 "rounded" tsp last night before bed at 10. No near accidents but it sounded like a freight train gurgling in my stomach. The best part is the results without painful cramping like stimulant lax/Smooth Mov tea gives me. Maybe I'll cut it down to 1 tsp tonight to be safe...don't want any accidents mid-interview tomorrow!
Old 02-25-2014, 09:45 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

It may just be my sensitive digestive system! Either way, i'd take it slow!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #37  

Height: 5'-8"

I have never been one to have a regular system. I also know I have many vitamin deficiencies that have taken a long time to get under control. Once under control I started to lose weight on IP again. Over the past year I have seen Lisa mention Magnesium many times. After many trial and errors, including teas and probiotics (the ones I have found are pretty expensive for a life time of taking them); I decided to look into the magnesium. I bought a generic Magnesium recommended dosage was 1-3 pills a day. I started off with one taking them along side my nightly calcium. Within 2 weeks, I have a regular body, one that I have never had before. I am prone to Kidney stones, my Dr tells me to stay away from the laxatives it only hinders this.
We all have different bodies; we all react differently to things as well. Trial and error with the combination of the wonderful suggestions will get you the results.
willsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #38  

Height: 5'2

1 teaspoon of Calm at night has been enough for me. I reduced it last night to 1/2 a teaspoon and no BM this morning.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #39  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Big C issues here as well. I thought I had it worked out with 2 tsp. Calm every night and 1-2 ColonRX (sold by the clinic). But TOM always changes it. Then it takes me a while of trial and error to readjust. Now, in phase 3 it's all amuck again. Argh! I will have to do some trial and error on more Calm. It has definitely impacted some weekly weigh-ins but I try to keep that in perspective as one point in time.
I did have big C issues prior to IP at times as well.
Glad to see I'm not alone and to see some of the things you all are doing
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #40  

Okay tmi but today finally had a BM that was actually significant compared to what I was getting with the tea. Sorry guys but I have been op for 22 days and was really starting to think wth was wrong with me. I guess sometimes patience is necessary!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I have mentioned this before somewhere in this forum, but here I go again. My coach recommended drinking water flavored with chlorophyll and 3 weeks in, knock on wood, I have not had trouble in this department. I usually drink I cup in the morning and one at night. There are also so many health benefits associated with drinking chlorophyll, so I highly recommend it.
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #42  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Not to brag but I poop at least twice a day. Anyone else the complete opposite? Am I eating to many veggies?
IntheEvening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Not to brag but I poop at least twice a day. Anyone else the complete opposite? Am I eating to many veggies?
Before IP I was the same way. I think my body is just very unused to the large amts of protein I've been eating. I'm in week three and my body is finally starting to regulate again. I think the CALM has been helping as well as increasing my water from 64 to 80 oz a day.

Are you measuring out all of your veggies? Sticking to just 1 tsp oil? Maybe your body is sensitive to the protein in the opposite way? I'd say it's a good thing as long as it's not too loose/diarrhea...I'd start to worry about losing too many electrolytes if it is.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

I just wanted to share what has worked for me. What I found that works for me is rubbing castor oil on my stomach in a circular motion. Castor oil gets absorbed and will loosen things up. I also have two bottles of water with clorophyl added to it a day to keep things regular. My clinic highly recommends it and I love it.
kontesanera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 264/248/175

Height: 5'6"

Coffee in the AM and a probiotic at night before bed has helped me. I was backed up the first week or so and added in the probiotic. This cleared things right up and everything is on schedule now
booklover811 is offline   Reply With Quote