Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Tigerlvr52, too funny! I actually left my bar on my counter today....I'm close enough to go home and grab it but thought the same thing...i really need to keep some packets here! I know people preach about doing so, I just never remember. Guess that's what I get!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calee View Post
Sweet, new panties is a big victory!

Nacygirl, I am thinking of placing a Nashua order. Are any of those restricted products?

Question about Quest bars. Why are they considered dangerous? Do they stall weightloss? I have been eating them for 4 years and helped with my weightloss as a meal replacement. I never crave them or want to go back for seconds. Should I be avoiding them?

I woke up retaining fluids like crazy. I got in my fluids yesterday. my rings won't go on. My scale is up a pound. Is this normal for some people?

Steppy, I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps. Good job hanging in there.
I just called them dangerous because I hear they are quite yummy and have seen in this chat where some people have had a hard time with controlling quantities. If that's not you, great! I have suffered with a sweet tooth and figured I may not want to go down that road.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #18  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So yesterday I had planed on eating one of my pure protein bars at work for my snack, well found out I had left it on my counter at home. I ran to the closest gas station and they had an Adkins bar that was pretty close to op just a little over calories, which I made up for by not eating beef last night. But oh my my my with in minutes.... so gassy. It was aquard to say the least. Today I packed 2 of my bars one for my actual snack and one to keep in my drawer for days like yesterday. Never again Adkins bar never again.
I tried Atkins bars in the past and had the same problem. I think it is the sugar alcohols in them. Embarrassing! Lol.

Sweetenuf: congrats on the new panties. I was so thrilled when I was able to throw out all my ugly granny panties. DH likes my new sexier panties as well. Hee hee.

Calee, I wonder if the fluid retention is a hormonal thing? TOM? When I have a lot of sodium, like soy sauce, I tend to retain fluid.

Nacy: many of the items you listed are ones I love as well. Thanks for posting, as it is helpful for others using alts to see what's out there.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:18 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Yes, yes, yes! Down 3 lbs this week. I start week 5 today.

When I went to buy my food yesterday, I learned a few things.
1. I blend ice, water and packets in my Magic Bullet. I was told that that was not a good idea because it destroys the protein. Go figure. I would have never thought of that.
Heard the Quest bars are "dangerous" so I want to stay away from them.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I use a vitamix blender to make my shakes-it liquefies my greens-I had never heard it destroys the protein-anyone else hear this?

I find quest bars great-they don't make me crave more and I stick to one-the detour bars are like candy to me and I had to stop buying them cause I was eating more than one a day.-It depends what triggers you what make them dangerous!

Last edited by mckaren4; 02-11-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM   #20  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

morning everyone, as the saying goes, today's a new day and I'm back on Phase 3 after my Phase 1 day yesterday. I really appreciate all the support and love I got yesterday - DH is clueless about this and my coach didn't even email me back until this morning. I had a good workout today and my Phase 3 breakfast and I feel much better than yesterday. Tuesdays & Thursdays are my 6 am PT session at the gym so I haven't weighed myself since my formal weigh in on Saturday so don't know if Sunday's melt down hit the scales but I'm resolved not to let it bother me. Hope everyone has a great day on IP!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #21  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I am so hungry today. I didn't have my breakfast until I got to work, and by the time I ate, I was feeling pretty weak (I leave home at 5:15 and I think I ate breakfast at 6:30).

Maybe that set up the day for being hungry. It is definite hunger. Thankfully I had a meeting from 10-11 so I wasn't focusing on it.

Now I am eating lunch and that is helping. Isn't it funny how some days we are more hungrier than others?
Old 02-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #22  

Woohoo!!! I'm down 5.6lbs and 2" this week - lost what I gained in Mexico and a bit more

Off to update some stats now...

Jo

Last edited by PurpleMomster; 02-11-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Fix typo
Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I use a vitamix blender to make my shakes-it liquefies my greens-I had never heard it destroys the protein-anyone else hear this?
Lots of IP clinics have recipes posted to use blenders and Vitamixes with packets. There is a clinic called the incredible weight loss clinic & there are TONS of recipes posted on a thread from them here. They use bullets & other blenders all the time1

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #24  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I did a whole lot of googling on the topic of protein powder losing its potency after being blended. From what I read it appears it is more related to premixing your drinks and not drinking them right away. Some say the drink loses its potency if stored too long after mixing. I found nothing to suggest the mixing alone is an issue. There was some mention of heating drinks and a loss of potency, but there seems to be some disagreement on that as well.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #25  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Woohoo!!! I'm down 5.6lbs and 2" this week - lost what I gained in Mexico and a bit more

Off to update some stats now...

Jo
Way to Go PurpleMomster!! Don't you just love the big drops! Thanks again for the 25 by spring spread sheet, I really enjoy going on and looking at all the stats. Very interesting!

Last edited by Hiker88; 02-11-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #26  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Purple Monster - did you phase off for your Mexico trip or did you stay OP? I have a trip coming up in 6 weeks and am unsure which approach I will take.

On a different note, I ended up catching a stomach bug from my son this weekend. Hit me on Sunday and it was a miserable evening. Was not able to keep anything down and yesterday all I was able to do was sip ICE water and some chicken broth.

Today, I tried two scrambled eggs (a little stomach ache, but stayed down); some hot herbal tea; some more broth, and then just had a lemon IP wafer bar. Doubt I'll get my IP requirements in today and did not get much on Sunday. But, I'm feeling like it's about over. No fun.

I'll go to my week 3 weigh in tomorrow and should have good results - but I know some of it's going to be because I haven't had much to eat/drink! So week 4 might show a gain. Who knows...

Ready for some warmer weather that may be coming our way later this week. Definitely too much snow and illness going around this winter...
Old 02-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Lots of IP clinics have recipes posted to use blenders and Vitamixes with packets. There is a clinic called the incredible weight loss clinic & there are TONS of recipes posted on a thread from them here. They use bullets & other blenders all the time1
Huh. I wonder why they would tell me that.....
Old 02-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Is it possible you have a stomach bug of some kind? There are so many different things going around right now. The other possibility is that you are reacting to the soy or something in the IP packets. But yes, if it continues, I'd get it checked out.Have a great day!
Jo

No, don't think it is a bug. I'm better now, just the first two hours at work, I thought I was going to hurl. All gone now. Thank goodness. If it continues, I will check with my doctor.

Thanks for replying to me.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocatemom View Post
Purple Monster - did you phase off for your Mexico trip or did you stay OP? I have a trip coming up in 6 weeks and am unsure which approach I will take.

On a different note, I ended up catching a stomach bug from my son this weekend. Hit me on Sunday and it was a miserable evening. Was not able to keep anything down and yesterday all I was able to do was sip ICE water and some chicken broth.

Today, I tried two scrambled eggs (a little stomach ache, but stayed down); some hot herbal tea; some more broth, and then just had a lemon IP wafer bar. Doubt I'll get my IP requirements in today and did not get much on Sunday. But, I'm feeling like it's about over. No fun.

I'll go to my week 3 weigh in tomorrow and should have good results - but I know some of it's going to be because I haven't had much to eat/drink! So week 4 might show a gain. Who knows...

Ready for some warmer weather that may be coming our way later this week. Definitely too much snow and illness going around this winter...
I did phase off for the trip. I opted for a slow phase off - 2 weeks of P2, 2 weeks of P3 then about 10 days of P4 before I went. I'll be honest and say, without going into too many details, that since it was an all-inclusive, I ate and drank a lot. I did gain 4.6lbs between P4 and the trip but I'm very happy that in a week, I lost that weight and an extra pound!

Yuck on the stomach bug - hope you feel better quickly!

Jo
Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #30  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Thanks!

Sorry I read/wrote your screen name wrong LOL!! I'm blaming the stomach bug on that one :-) My trip is also to an all-inclusive and to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary!! We are going to Sandals in Jamaica and I think we will scuba dive twice daily (good exercise) and it sounds like I can most likely pick very friendly P2 menus for most meals. I thought I'd take some restricted bars for the airport and maybe for post-dive snacks. Being an all-inclusive I know the temptation of alcohol will be ever-present - but with diving, you really can't drink much... I am not sure I want to completely phase off after just getting back in the swing of IP, but I have a few weeks to talk it through with my coach.

Thanks for your reply and great job getting back on track!!

Quote:
I did phase off for the trip. I opted for a slow phase off - 2 weeks of P2, 2 weeks of P3 then about 10 days of P4 before I went. I'll be honest and say, without going into too many details, that since it was an all-inclusive, I ate and drank a lot. I did gain 4.6lbs between P4 and the trip but I'm very happy that in a week, I lost that weight and an extra pound!

Yuck on the stomach bug - hope you feel better quickly!

Jo
Closed Thread