Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Last night, my husband and I met with our architect and builder for the new house we are building...just as soon as we sell the one we have now.

Doesn't matter about selling because I am so excited about this new one, designed for when we are 'empty nesters'. Our architect is great at listening to who we are and what we say, then incorporating that into the design.

So between that and our big anniversary, we have eaten out two nights in a row and will again tonight when we entertain our son's soon to be inlaws. I am getting good, really good at ordering just what I need.

Applebee's Restaurant has been super to work with. They have an under 550 calorie menu. I order the salmon, naked. I ask for a great char on it but no butter, no sauce. The salmon comes on a bed of potatoes and veggies, so I asked for double veggies, steamed, no potatoes. The waiter actually asked me what vegetable I preferred and he said he would get them. What a great meal it was to enjoy, totally IP. Good tip for that young man, who smiled as it made it all right all evening!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

How exciting about the new house schenectady! We plan on building at some point and I swear there are going to be no flat surfaces anywhere in the house - every flat surface here becomes a clutter collector!

And WTG on the eating out!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, stopping in quick before work to report I am down 2.4 for week 29 weigh in!!

Have a good day everyone, will check back after work!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 01-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:05 AM   #5  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning all. The last few days I have felt so bloated and gassy. When I wake up I'm starving. Not sure what's going on. I did eat out several times over the weekend so I'm beginning to think I kicked myself out of ketosis
I didn't eat off plan but I did have a drink. And of course prepared foods are always so hard to judge. They could have slipped some butter or something in.
Hopefully the bloat goes away before weigh in.

The weather is warming quickly so work should be back to normal. The tourists can get flights home and our locals can get out of the house.

Saturday is the fashion show. I'll be sure to get a few pictures to share.

Have a good day

Last edited by nolasmurf; 01-30-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #6  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning everyone what a difference it makes to staying on track when you check in on the site everyday. I am officially at 207 today that mean 8 pounds from wonderland. I need real emotional help, I know myself and when I get close to something I really want I tend to sabatoge it.....I am working really hard emotionally on not doing this and staying on track...I have decided when we go to my friends for the superbowl I'm going to buy a rotissery chicken and debone it and take it a container to make sure I have something I can munch on....I'm also thinking about making buffalo cauliflower bites....although the recipe I found has butter in it I think I will skip it I think that is where the carbs are coming from....
Good luck to all on this IP journey, I've learned I don't care what anyone else thinks this is about me and their opinion about what and how I'm doing this is their business I like this pass and it is working for me....
Thanks to all of my IP friends you are all helping me accomplish this weight loss journey with confidence and the ability to get rid of the extra fat and weight I have been carrying for the last 17 years.....
Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning! schenectady congrats on your new home! My coworker is building as well and she is really enjoying the experience! Congrats on the eating out as well! I know when I go out to eat, I always feel out-of-control. It's so nice to have wait staff help.

Susie, you really are shrinking! It's amazing.

Nolasmurf, I'm so ready for that warm weather. I think I'll take my eno hammock to our family farm on Saturday. I may even wear shorts! haha!

I weighed in this AM, lost 1.4 which put me at 70.4lbs lost! So glad I made my mini goal! Getting my hair hilighted after work this evening as my reward.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Good Morning everyone what a difference it makes to staying on track when you check in on the site everyday. I am officially at 207 today that mean 8 pounds from wonderland. I need real emotional help, I know myself and when I get close to something I really want I tend to sabatoge it.....I am working really hard emotionally on not doing this and staying on track
You can do it! Recognizing a pattern & preparing yourself is half the battle. To get this far, you already have built up considerable "muscle" in making the good choices. I say take the mental leap into Onederland NOW and allow your body to follow.

In my first week of IP, I came home to find a surprise huge platter of fresh Italian pastries on my doorstep, flown directly from a famous bakery in NYC. I reached inside myself and groped around for the strength to stick with my goals, not postpone them for the fleeting pleasure of the treats. Then it was surprising how easy it was to give them away (I did have to lock them in my car trunk for the moment). YOU are stronger than the Superbowl!

Last edited by mars735; 01-30-2014 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Starting week #5 of reboot. The reboot is also reminding me that we can eat out and be social but also stay on plan. Going on a trip Saturday where it is warm, for 5 days, just tried on my summer clothes. I was quite surprised how well they fit. Goal on this trip is to try and make healthy choices but not beat myself up if not. Staying with relatives so that will be a little more difficult than eating out. I will do the best I can and get back 100% OP when I return.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Morning. Feeling much better today. Almost zippy!

Butter does not kick you out of ketosis, it has no carbs.

We are getting snow this weekend, yipee....not.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #11  
finale

way to go EMS70508
Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #12  
finale

Thanks so much Mars735, I will think of what you did on Sunday and keep that on my mind...
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Morning!
I weighed in this AM, lost 1.4 which put me at 70.4lbs lost! So glad I made my mini goal! Getting my hair hilighted after work this evening as my reward.
Wow - that is a huge amount and you are doing so well. Congratulations. You must feel on top of the world! It is great that you are doing something non-food with which to celebrate. You will have something fun an lovely to see in the mirror when you get back. Smaller and more chic!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/137.5/138

Height: 5'4.5"

Broke into the 150s this morning! Goodbye 160s.....forever!
Old 01-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

schenectady, congratulations on the new house! How exciting to design your dream home!

shrinkingsusie, vippy, and EMS, great weigh-ins! Keep up the great work!

nola, maybe you're headed for a nice loss with the hunger (butter doesn't have carbs so I wouldn't worry about it. It's extra fat, not totally ideal, but nothing to really worry over if it's not an everyday thing.) I get random hunger too- usually I'm fine, but every so often I'm 90% of the way to gnawing off an arm. The other night I had a hot chocolate packet, which was my 4th of the day but I figured it was better than eating something off plan, which I felt tempted to do because of my hunger. Just keep plugging away, hopefully tomorrow will be easier!

Coffeebean, visits can be tough, but I'm sure you can get through it! Enjoy your visit!

Last edited by djs06; 01-30-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Closed Thread