Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well unofficialy I'm down 45lbs but I won't change my ticker until my weigh in day. I couldn't help getting on the scale this am. I've felt so bloated and full of gas lately, last night I took a gas-x for some relief. My poor sweetie I know I had trumpet butt all night (lol I know TMI) I feel so much better this morning.

I agree with the numerous threads it seems like every time someone has a question they start a new thread. I disagree with the idea that the "start date" thread are creating a community on their own. For me it was a place to talk with folks in a similar place in the diet. Our "Augusters" thread seems to have died down quite a bit. Anyway just my opinion.

I don't think I'm going to hit the 60lb lost mark by the end of the month. Maybe 50. But I release that I made that 60lb goal with my coach and realize now that may have been a bit ambitious. I'm okay with that. I will meet my goal.

Hope everyone has a great day.

WTG!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Oh my goodness, thank you all. I went to a meeting this morning and came back to some good advice and good motivation. I really needed it. I am a slow-ish looser, usually 2 lbs per week if that. I am just getting a little sick of having to cook and control my food every night. Sometimes I just want take out! But today I am feeling better and not so frustrated and the kind words helped out a lot! Thanks everyone
Old 12-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

ugh know the pain of wanting takeout!! Sometimes I get home from work and would rather someone feed me than do anything else. Then I get my butt up and cook eggs because I have no energy to do anything else!

There's a great 'kitchen' here called Zoe's Kitchen. They make an awesome Chicken Kabob that's totally IP friendly. Comes with a huge 'Greek salad' but i say no cheese and it's the closest to a warm takeout dish I can get! Also, if you have a Jason's Deli nearby, they have AMAZING salad bars. Some nights I'm so lazy I don't even feel like chopping veggies. One more place is Zea Rotisserie..they have a veggie platter (comes with hummus so toss that) but they grill up HUGE veggies for ya. Kind of perfect.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Oh my goodness, thank you all. I went to a meeting this morning and came back to some good advice and good motivation. I really needed it. I am a slow-ish looser, usually 2 lbs per week if that. I am just getting a little sick of having to cook and control my food every night. Sometimes I just want take out! But today I am feeling better and not so frustrated and the kind words helped out a lot! Thanks everyone
I relate - I don't really like to cook, so it's a chore. I've tried to do different veggies and recipes and all, but sometimes it would just be easier to order in! Still I keep plugging along, and remembering that this is a temporary phase of my life. I also have been losing at about the same rate as you and sometimes it seems like my goal is so far away! A friend who started IP at the same time as me (but had a lot less to lose) is now finished and it's hard to get together and watch her reintroduce foods and wine and things. I've been trying not to have a pity party over it but stay strong and keep my eyes on the prize.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I like to chop veggies twice per week and portion them out.

It takes extra time at that particular moment but then I can just grab-and-go when I'm tired!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #21  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPers! I was going to get back on the IP wagon on Monday but my shipment from Lindora still isn't here... tick tock tick tock... I'm trying to enjoy myself before I start IP but I feel quilty about EVERYTHING that isn't IP friendly, I am so ready to start! Maybe I will just use my muscle milk lites for all 3 packets until my box gets here lol. I have heartburn right now and it makes me miss being OP all the more!

I am seeing happy news from a few of you, thats great! and Lisa I definitely see what you mean about the monthly starter's thread! I'm going to stop posting over there. I can see why they'd want support from people who are still struggling in their first few days but it benefits everyone more to be together on one thread.

Cheers!!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
I've been having a melt down too. I'm tired of the veggies I eat and the soups are making me want to vomit. I have forced myself the past few days to eat the IP packet for lunch. I feel like giving up but my husband is encouraging me to stay OP and my sister is too. I have thyroid issues too and a high level of insulin resistance in my body so I'm not losing as fast as I would like. My doctor is even more strict then what the plan calls for and say to not have shrimp or other seafood, no garlic or onions and to keep my meals as bland as possible. That's not working for me. I have always had spice and flavor in my food andhaving the same thing for a week straight is getting boring for me. I will be talking with my doctor to lay me have a variety of foods for the week. I need to find something that works for me.
This diet is hard enough! Has your doctor ever actually DONE the plan??? Can you find another coach who follows the plan the way it is written?
I needed MORE spice to get myself thru.
And the best hint to make the soups palatable: make a veggie puree & add to the soup (and spice it up!!!). Spices don't slow weight loss. What is WRONG with people???
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #23  

Hi all - just did a nice big order from Nashua and Netricon of Proti-thin and ProtiDiet and Healthsmart along with Walgreen Farms. I still get my IP stuff but i'm planning for when I'm off plan so I have this stuff kicking around - if its in my pantry it's better than other food! Stick with it - I'm back OP after a 4 day trip to Boston and feel better already.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitSewSpin View Post
Hi all, a newbie here. I am on my third day. Woke with a headache. Wanted to save my restricted for tonight but I just ate it. I got TOM today and I really have food cravings.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today, too. I love cooking, love holiday cooking in particular. I always make trays of cookies and other goodies. Trying to stay positive though and I keep telling myself its not about the food this year.

Is there a phase 1 recipe book to buy anywhere? Maybe if I had something like that it would be easier.

We are getting snow dumped on us here in Minnesota today. Time to get the skis and snow shoes out
Check the first post of this thread. there are NUMEROUS recipe threads, righ here on 3FC
Old 12-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #25  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesparz View Post
I've been having a melt down too. I'm tired of the veggies I eat and the soups are making me want to vomit. I have forced myself the past few days to eat the IP packet for lunch. I feel like giving up but my husband is encouraging me to stay OP and my sister is too. I have thyroid issues too and a high level of insulin resistance in my body so I'm not losing as fast as I would like. My doctor is even more strict then what the plan calls for and say to not have shrimp or other seafood, no garlic or onions and to keep my meals as bland as possible. That's not working for me. I have always had spice and flavor in my food andhaving the same thing for a week straight is getting boring for me. I will be talking with my doctor to lay me have a variety of foods for the week. I need to find something that works for me.
I don't know why I am amazed each time I hear some wack-a-doo advice from a coach or doctor. On day one of this diet I ate the "traditional" diet meal of steamed broccoli and bland grilled chicken breast with a little of my IP salt and some pepper. Yuck! I realized right then that if I was going to be on this diet for any length of time I would need some "good" food!

I have had many evenings where I just didn't feel like cooking and drug my butt to the kitchen and made an omelet for dinner. Most of the time I just got into a rhythm and once I started cooking I could put together a pretty good meal. The recipe threads really saved me. I found that I could have some delicious meals with a little tweaking and stay P1 compliant. I know many others on this site have eaten some of the same things and I am going to list a few for some of the newer members. This might help you not to feel so deprived:

Shepherd's Pie
Taco Wraps (in lettuce)
Chinese Stir Fried "Rice"
Hearty Homemade Soups
Frittatas
Pot Roast with mashed rutabaga
Blackened Tilapia with homemade tartar sauce and asparagus
Spicy shrimp over "rice"
Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Sauteed veggies and "rice"
Chili

These are just a few meals I make often. I have made so many other meals. I agree that this is a short time out of my life to make a change to be healthier. However, what I discovered along the way is that I had to not look at this as a diet I needed to endure until I reached goal. I learned to cook in a much healthier way. To spice up my food and enjoy the flavors of things I never tasted before. If the weight came off too quickly we would not have time to really learn and adjust to the new way of life we "need" to follow when we are done. Otherwise, the weight will just come right back.

As Ruth Ann said, the hormones released when we burn fat can play havoc with our moods and emotions. This will pass and you will have moments of such happiness at what you are accomplishing. We can all do this and the support here is tremendous. I know I would not have done it without the help from others on this site.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #26  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I can't believe how "dead" the forums seem to be lately! I used to have to check back several times a day to keep up with everything, and now I feel as though if I left for a week I wouldn't miss many posts. Maybe everyone has the winter blues and is spending extra time in bed in the am instead of hopping onto the forum for a quick hello.
I noticed the same thing. Things seem to have quieted down a bit...maybe everyone's just busy with the holidays? I'm thinking things will pick up after the first of the year...
Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/160

When I joined IP, I was provided a flyer from two local restaurants that actually have an IP meal special just for us IP'ers. I thought that it was pretty amazing because if I am out shopping at meal time, I don't have to rush home to make it....I can just go to one of these restaurants and get a meal that is made just for me.

I don't know how the IP owner did it, but she was only open for about 6 months when the restaurants came on board. And that is the only IP shop for 160 km......actually I'm fibbing....she just opened up her second shop not 7 min from my home. I am sooooo happy!
Old 12-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Lisa, thanks, I've been looking through the recipes on here and other sites. I'm just lazy and would like them all in one place. I guess I'll have to get a binder and start my own cookbook. I've got four kids so its hard to get stuff like that done.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnitSewSpin View Post
Lisa, thanks, I've been looking through the recipes on here and other sites. I'm just lazy and would like them all in one place. I guess I'll have to get a binder and start my own cookbook. I've got four kids so its hard to get stuff like that done.
My clinic sells a cookbook. I can see what the name is for you when I weigh in tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #30  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Lisa, thanks for spearheading this always. Glad to see so many recurring faces in here, as always.

Sorry to hear that some are struggling with headaches and veggie-issues. I know I get that way sometimes - with the veggies. But people are right - figure out how you like them. Stirfry? Yum! Soup? Yum! I got through my "humps" by blending spinach in with chocolate drink mix (dried mix + water + ice + cinnamon) and was easily able to get 2c. down like that. Be creative. Remember that part of this journey learning to love veggies and foods which are good for you.

As for headaches on Day 3 - totally expected but sucky. I am sorry you aren't feeling good. Try to salt water trick and, if that doesn't work, just take some solace in the fact that you are going to get through this. The first few days, fighting to get into ketosis, are always the pits.

P4/Maintenance continues for me. I am working on readjusting my attitude re: carbs, but it is hard. I am not eating enough yet, but it will get there. I still want to lose some more weight so I am not going all the way back up to normal calorie intake. Just introducing a somewhat limited P4 protocol under the direction of my coach. It is pretty good. I am still losing, 2.6 pounds in the last week due to the calories + exercise (i do love to run!) but need to slow that down a little bit. Anyhow!! Stay well everyone!
Closed Thread