Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:25 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 11/25/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Monday
Hope everyone has a great week and for those getting ready for Thanksgiving enjoy, hopefully it is a short work week.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday! So I have one pair of wool pants I was going to wear today because we finally had a cool snap down here. Too bad they don't fit anymore!! Sweet victory. Although, I'm now freezing here in the office!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday, all!! Hope everyone has a great IP week!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Ems, I had many mornings getting ready for work, planning on a certain outfit, only to find it was too big. What a great feeling, but it does cause a bit of a dilemma at times. A good dilemma to be sure! Congrats to being cold, lol.

Susie, you are really rocking this. WTG on your losses! I think I read on another thread that you hit the half way point. So happy for you!

Well, today is the first day of vacation for me. I am getting my hair done today. Gonna wash that gray right outta my hair! I know that's a very old commercial....sort of ages me, lol. Will spend the week cleaning and baking. Excited to have my kiddos home for Thanksgiving. Making lots of goodies for the grandsons. Maintenance is going well so far. I am maintaining at 6 lbs under my goal weight. Feeling terrific today!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Oops..I'm a dork susie. I got mixed up by a thread I saw and thought it was you. You are well past 1/2 way!

Last edited by dak1lls; 11-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #6  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Happy Monday
Hope everyone has a great week and for those getting ready for Thanksgiving enjoy, hopefully it is a short work week.
Same to you! Yes, I so appreciate the short work week. A full day today and a half day tomorrow, and then time to relax and enjoy my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Happy Monday! So I have one pair of wool pants I was going to wear today because we finally had a cool snap down here. Too bad they don't fit anymore!! Sweet victory. Although, I'm now freezing here in the office!
What a time for an NSV! I sure hope you find some warmer pants in that SMALLER size and enjoy them!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! Had my WI this morning, down another 2. My coach always comments she wishes it was three, but I am super consistent with the two, so I am happy with it! It also makes it officially 30lbs down since I started IP. It is crazy. I really am at the point where I can tell, I have bones where I did not have them before! I am worried about this week, with turkey day and then going away for the long weekend, but I picked up 12 RTD chocolate shakes figuring there is no excuses with those and for thanksgiving I am taking the attitude that I am going to do the best that I can, no planned cheat day (which my coach said a lot of people choose to do) but to really try to stay OP the best that I possible can. I feel pretty good about that choice!
Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!

Well, I didn't win the Biggest Loser challenge at work - it was the winner's 12.94% to my 11.99% but it was close!!! And hey, almost 12% of me was a pretty significant loss in 10 weeks We were all winners/losers

We're all going out for a celebratory lunch at Subway (yay for their salads!).

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Jo
Old 11-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning IPeeps! I had a great OP weekend and am looking forward to a great OP week. I want to get these last two pounds off and go into maintenance, although I'm so used to being on P1, I really like it...I can't go any lower than 125, otherwise my family will have an intervention...I'm kind of addicted to losing weight now, and it doesn't help that I still look "fat" to myself in the mirror :-/

Have a great OP week everyone!!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #10  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Makes me laugh when I see southerners post that its cold.....it was like -15 this week. It's a nice 16 degrees out.....welcome to winter in the north.

Makes me want to hibernate!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #11  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Tell ya'll what 40 degrees is cold to us Southerners!

It's Jeans day at work and I'm wearing my Old Navy Sweethearts in a 14. They are a little saggy in the butt. But they are comfy. Mondays is a slow day so I'm down in my office wrapped up in a big hoodie, making calls. This is the part of my job I dislike. I loathe telemarketing. It just seems like such a disturbance to ppl's lifes.
ANYWAY

My co-worker who does a Paleo-ish style diet made a big pot of veggie soup last night and brought it into work today. I'm going to have a bowl of that for my lunch with some grilled chicken. I'm excited ready for the warm up.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #12  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Hello IPers. I hope you are all having a great OP day. I am absolutely exhausted today, really tired. Not sure why, but *I think* it might be because I have not excercised since Thursday. Weekends are near impossible to get in because of kiddos and this weekend I had work obligations too. But I think my body is starting to crave the work out. I never in my life thought I would say that. Great NSV this weekend. Went shopping and was forced by the sales person to try on new pants. I went in looking for a shirt for a holiday party to wear with my black dress pants that my mom had taken in . They said the pants looked clownish. So I tried on a smaller size in the same style pants (Houston from LB, for those of you who might have shopped there in the past) and they said I had lost too much weight to wear that style. I needed something more form fitting. I was not convinced (I don't like form fitting clothing), but I tried them on and they were right. I was just trying to cover up as much as possible before and that style made me look boxy. So down to a size 20 in pants (started at a tight 28) in a more skimming style. I seriously am still in shock. Even if weightloss has slowed, I am thrilled with the progress. Now to stay as close to OP as I can for the next week!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone! Had my WI this morning, down another 2. My coach always comments she wishes it was three, but I am super consistent with the two, so I am happy with it! It also makes it officially 30lbs down since I started IP. It is crazy. I really am at the point where I can tell, I have bones where I did not have them before! I am worried about this week, with turkey day and then going away for the long weekend, but I picked up 12 RTD chocolate shakes figuring there is no excuses with those and for thanksgiving I am taking the attitude that I am going to do the best that I can, no planned cheat day (which my coach said a lot of people choose to do) but to really try to stay OP the best that I possible can. I feel pretty good about that choice!
Congrats on your WI!
I think your coach needs an intervention.
If she says that again (I wish it were 3), I'd be tempted to say something like this: "So do I! Now, can you please say something motivating?"
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #14  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Congrats on your WI!
I think your coach needs an intervention.
If she says that again (I wish it were 3), I'd be tempted to say something like this: "So do I! Now, can you please say something motivating?"
Lisa is right! Your coach isn't very motivating. And honestly isn't it to their advantage that we lose slowly? I mean then you are buying more from them!

2 lbs a week is a great average! Keep up the awesome work!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon! Last weeks WI was a little disappointing to me but it just thought that I still lost a pound and some inches. Today I was able to wear a really cute shirt I haven't been able to fit into for a long time. My clothes I really like is starting to for me again. So happy

Last edited by exesparz; 11-25-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Closed Thread