Old 11-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #1  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default Mindless Eating

I'm sure some of you are aware of the concept where you eat/binge just for the sake of it possibly because of stress, boredom, etc..

Has anyone felt the need to eat more than you should on this diet?
I've noticed alot recently where I just wanted to keep eating even though I don't think I was hungry. It was a habit in the past and I guess old habits still come back. Even for maintainers, have you found that you have changed totally or do you still have the need to binge or emotional eat.

I noticed myself doing it this past week especially and I don't think it was because I was starving. I guess I am going through some stress right now and that may be what it is. Trying to do other things with my hands instead or go out to the gym more often. What do you do when you feel like bingeing or emotional eat?
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

I've never really binged or stress eaten, but one thing I have become very aware of on this diet is that I have a tendency to munch or snack without really realizing that I'm doing it.

There is food EVERYWHERE at my office and at home we have a "snack drawer." It's all good, healthy stuff, but I used to mindlessly grab a granola bar for no reason just other than that I walked into the kitchen.

IP has been educational-- I eat, I finish eating, and then I'm done. It's tough to break that habit of snacking or wanting more volume to consume but honestly we don't need it!

I made some pretty weak jello out of a blueberry cran granata IP packet (4c water to one packet, it's pretty bland!), and when I have had the urge to just snack, and I can't kick the urge, I have a little of that as a "freebie". Better than a cheat, even if it's a tiny bit extra.
yespositively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #3  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I've never really binged or stress eaten, but one thing I have become very aware of on this diet is that I have a tendency to munch or snack without really realizing that I'm doing it.

There is food EVERYWHERE at my office and at home we have a "snack drawer." It's all good, healthy stuff, but I used to mindlessly grab a granola bar for no reason just other than that I walked into the kitchen.

IP has been educational-- I eat, I finish eating, and then I'm done. It's tough to break that habit of snacking or wanting more volume to consume but honestly we don't need it!

I made some pretty weak jello out of a blueberry cran granata IP packet (4c water to one packet, it's pretty bland!), and when I have had the urge to just snack, and I can't kick the urge, I have a little of that as a "freebie". Better than a cheat, even if it's a tiny bit extra.
Ah, the snacker..I hear you on that. Snacking throughout the day on healthy stuff isn't so bad, but when you have food all around all the time it can be a bit more challenging for sure.

I wasn't hungry at all on this diet up until a few weeks ago. I don't know if it is the emotional thing or that I really do need more food...that is why I started to add more good fats in. I'm hoping it quenches the hunger pains. And now my stomach growls all the time.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #4  

Ugh! I do not envy that! I spread my protein and packets out so I'm basically eating every 2-3 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. That's no fun.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #5  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

I too haven't been hungry on this diet until just recently. Not sure why or if my body just decided that it's figured out this ketosis stuff and is trying to trick my brain....I want to go back to the old days where I had to remind myself to eat!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am a grazer. I do not always get to eat at or close to the same times everyday, so if I do not have gum I find myself grazing in the kitchen out of habit. It is one thing that is hard to break!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #7  
Back at It!

Quote:
Ugh! I do not envy that! I spread my protein and packets out so I'm basically eating every 2-3 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. That's no fun.
That's a good point about eating every 2-3 hours because after 4 hours it is like you are skipping a meal.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #8  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I too haven't been hungry on this diet until just recently. Not sure why or if my body just decided that it's figured out this ketosis stuff and is trying to trick my brain....I want to go back to the old days where I had to remind myself to eat!
I'm wondering if it just gets harder over time. I would be interested in hearing from people that have been on the program for awhile and have lost a lot of weight in regards to this.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #9  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am a grazer. I do not always get to eat at or close to the same times everyday, so if I do not have gum I find myself grazing in the kitchen out of habit. It is one thing that is hard to break!
Habits are hard to break for sure. As long as we are grazing on healthy things I suppose.
I do eat gum actually because it helps me a lot when I'm hungry.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #10  

if you call a few nuts and ritz crackers healthy , today was a long day and I just grazed and did not think abt it until I read and posted on this thread!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #11  

Those healthy things are still calories and nutrition, and when everything is good you shouldn't fill your body with more than it needs. Once off IP I think I will portion out my "snacks" so that if I do have even a healthy snack I know how much I am taking in. Even healthy things when consumed in a non moderate way can be unhealthy for us.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #12  

I did not eat breakfast until almost 10am and lunch until almost 3 so yeah my whole day was out of balance
Old 11-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #13  

Oh sarahBell I was not picking on you just talking about moderation in general. We all have days that are harder than others--more so when your schedule is all out of whack.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #14  

Quote:
Oh sarahBell I was not picking on you just talking about moderation in general. We all have days that are harder than others--more so when your schedule is all out of whack.
Most days I fly by the seat of my pants So I know you are pickng trust me LOL
Old 11-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #15  

Sarahbell, one thing that helps me stay organized is to eat the exact same thing for breakfast every day. I just shake it up and sip while I get ready for my day and it gets me off on the right track. Even if you can't plan your whole day maybe you can do something like that!