3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who Started August 2013, Part III!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289906-who-started-august-2013-part-iii.html)

vachinyc 01-22-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4925654)
Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4925668)
You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.

Thanks for the support :)

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

nolasmurf 01-22-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4926062)

I weighed in today and lost more than I expected. I'm in the 150s. What what?!?! I lowered my goal to 155 in my ticker which should put me at a normal bmi. I don't see the clinic folks for a week and a half and we agreed to discuss then and see where I am. I'm hanging tough!

PS also posted a picture rather than an avatar. Photos still make me uncomfortable - I took this to post over a week ago - but I decided to bite the bullet and be brave (for me anyway)

Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!

vachinyc 01-22-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4926146)
Great pic! You are doing an awesome job!

Thanks! You too...I'm jealous of your size 10s :)

mars735 01-22-2014 11:29 PM

vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.

Brenda, I had major hair loss toward the end of P1 that continued into maintenance several weeks to the point that I went wig-shopping. Recently, about the 4th month into maintenance, it started growing back. IP states that it's related to hormones released by fat cells as you lose weight and will grow back. My hair stylist (and others on 3FC) say that any diet with rigorous calorie restriction can cause hair loss. You can search the IP forum and find the hair loss thread and find some good info about it. Hang in there!

vachinyc 01-23-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars735 (Post 4926224)
vachinyc, you look great! I experienced diet fatigue toward the end, too. If you haven't already done so, I suggest going shopping. Reward yourself for the fabulous job have done. Relish your success fully, enjoy your healthy new body to the max--now and on maintenance, whenever you decide that is. You've earned it.

Thanks Mars. I haven't really shopped much yet - just a few pairs of inexpensive pants to have something to wear to work. (And I can shop my closet to a degree) Figured I'd wait until I settled in at a size but you're right, a treat outfit might help :)

lisa32989 01-23-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4926062)

Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery :)

lighthouse101 01-23-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 (Post 4925852)
I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me!

Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.

ecdcslim 01-23-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4926539)
Ugh, I'm having the same side effect - hair loss at an alarming rate. I'm getting a bit worried because I have about 30 lbs or so to go and I don't want to have to phase off quite yet! If it gets any thinner I'll have to give it some serious thought.

Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.

lisa32989 01-23-2014 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4926592)
Are you guys taking Biotin? I've been taking it since day one at my coach's advice, no hair loss.

Some people get more hair loss than others no matter what they do. The biotin may or may not be helping you. And some folks don't experience any hair loss until after approximately month 5. It really does vary.

Kellimomo3 01-23-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4926539)

Well, if it helps your decision at all, the hair loss won't stop right away anyways. My doc says three months from whatever trauma (dietary) triggered it and 3 months approx from phasing off. SO whether you stay on or not for the next three months at least it will keep falling out. For me, I was within 9 pounds of my phase off weight and actually my original goal was 140 so I was ok with phasing off but really ready to stop losing handfuls every day!!!
For those who asked, yes I am taking biotin as well as all my vitamins, b12 and fish oil! Has not helped at all. Coach said it affects roughly 11% of women on IP. Lucky me!

lighthouse101 01-23-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4926592)

I started taking Biotin as soon as the hair loss started (around month 3) and haven't noticed a difference. I was told it can take as long as 6-8 weeks to start having an effect, so if it's going to work it should start soon! At the very least maybe it will help my new hair grow in nice and strong.

vachinyc 01-23-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4926317)
Girl:
You are in normal BMI now!!!
Congrats!
I fully understand giving yourself a few lbs leeway, however
Love the pic. Congrats on bravery :)

Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi :)

ReenHag 01-23-2014 06:52 PM

Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

(Remind me of this when I am having another really bad, down day, please.)

lisa32989 01-23-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4926816)
Thanks Lisa! I am grinning ear to ear about "normal" bmi :)

here's a calculator
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...MI/bmicalc.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4926831)
Having a down month, Augusters. Just not feeling "it"; not in terms of IP, but just in general. I guess it is a mix of the weather and work stress, and perhaps the post-holiday let down. So I came home today quite down, just sat on the couch and zoned out completely. Then I decided to get my BUTT in gear and did not one, but TWO half-hour toning workouts. All that talk about endorphins- there is something to that! LOL I guess I have found my "anti-depressant" to get me through the dead of winter.

Me too...down month...probably the remnants of the virus hanging on.
I went to the gym for my toning workout and a stretching class. Practically jumped out of my skin during stretching class but I did it. And I'm doing it again in the morning. Geez....it is soooo much easier to stay in bed but so much better for me to get my arse up & move!!!

lighthouse101 01-23-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Sorry you're having a down month. I'm so proud of you for allowing yourself a little time to zone out (nothing wrong with the occasional zone out) and then turning it around by doing something healthy instead of going for comfort food or something. It's really wonderful! Glad to see you coming to the boards for support too. :-)

Rockabillygirl 01-23-2014 07:47 PM

Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

I hope you all have a great evening!

IdealProteinNewbie 01-23-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4926887)
Yay! Today is crossed into long-forgotten territory, the land of below 200! Pretty exciting!!

:broc:

calypso58 01-23-2014 08:59 PM

Quote:

Huge congrats!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

schenectady 01-23-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Pretty exciting? Very exciting! I know that is a BIG hurdle that I look forward to taking, so know that we are all proud of the hardwork and dedication that it takes for that.

I do not know how to make the carrots dance, but think of fireworks going off for you.

nolasmurf 01-23-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me. ;)

ReenHag 01-23-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4926955)
I've been up and down this month as well. Post holidays and all the junk.
Happy to hear the workouts helped. I'm all about taking the zone out and reflecting on why I'm doing this diet.

Today we got "fitted" for a fashion show we are having at work. I was able to fit in an off the rack dress that looks AWESome on me. ;)

Would love to see a pic! Fashion show sounds fun! And thanks for the support. Zone-outers, unite!!!

Bellamack 01-23-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Congrats! I am getting so close I can taste it :) keep up the good work!

lisa32989 01-24-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Welcome to Onederland!

schenectady 01-24-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

You mirror my thoughts. I have discovered that when I start to feel blue or discouraged with my losses, I have to grab the bag and make myself go to the gym. Yesterday, I did that and discovered that my dear son had loaded new songs onto my IPod while he was home on leave. What a treat to thump on the treadmill o my favorite music and realize what he had done for me.

Guess that validated I had made the right choice.

Rockabillygirl 01-24-2014 01:14 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments, everyone! I am working from home today due to icy conditions and am fighting the urge to snack!! So far, so good!

schenectady 01-25-2014 11:26 AM

How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.

nolasmurf 01-25-2014 11:45 AM

Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up. :(

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!

ReenHag 01-25-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4928016)
How many Augusters do we still have here? Check in so we do not disappear and lose each other.

Still here! Truckin' along...

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4928033)
Morning all! Took the weekend off since it's my daughters bday on Monday. She'll be 17! Gah! My baby is all grown up. :(

She had to take the SAT test this morning so I'm relaxing and trying to grab some sunshine. Lol the cat both dogs an I are crammed into the one window of the house that's getting the sunshine .

So when my boss joined our team in OCT he was close to 400lbs. After the holidays he overheard my co-worker and I talking about IP and our success. He asked a lot of questions and did some research now he's doing IP. He's doing great too! I think he said he's down around 10lbs in the first week. We're doing a biggest loser at work starting next week and we've decided our team is gonna win. Lol!

Wow, it's great that your boss has joined. Good for him! Enjoy your BL contest! We did that a few years back, and my boss won (the only man in the group). We teased him about having rolls of quarters in his pockets at the first weigh-in. LOL

Enjoy your time with DD and hope she has a great b-day! Also hope she does well on the SAT. We're getting ready to celebrate my daughter's 21st in March. It definitely goes by too fast!

~Renee

lighthouse101 01-25-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4928016)

Still here! Hoping to reach goal and get to maintenance in the next 3-4 months or so!

vachinyc 01-25-2014 03:16 PM

Hi all: still here ...almost at my new goal. thinking I will be moving to Phase 2 in February.

Brrr, it's cold and ever since IP, I'm freezing anyway (which is a total change - most of my life I've been too warm. With or without added fat padding)

Have a great weekend!

KareVT...are you out there?

Rockabillygirl 01-26-2014 11:19 AM

Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!

nolasmurf 01-26-2014 11:32 AM

I've noticed an uptick in General shedding. I don't notice any bald patches. Quite frankly I'm terrified by how thin my hair is. I am taking biotin but not sure what to do. I'm so close to goal I don't want to phase off. Any tips would be wonderful

Rockabillygirl 01-26-2014 12:11 PM

I did a search on here for "hair loss" and found some good info. While it doesn't help with NOW, it is reassuring to know it is temporary.

lighthouse101 01-27-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4928660)
Happy Sunday morning!

I have questions for those of you who are experiencing hair loss. For quite awhile I've been kind of in denial that I could be experiencing it -- my hair is very thick and coarse and is currently the longest it's been in my life, so it seems normal that I'm going to make spectacular "drain rats"! But now I'm paranoid that maybe it's more than that . . . I honestly don't know if I'm imagining it! When you lose hair, is it all over or in patches? Are certain areas more prone to hair loss? I'm imagining (or not!) that the front of my hair on top is thinning. I've always had kind of a receding hairline on the sides of the top.

I'm not sure if I should continue my current state of denial until I'm bald (just kidding) or what. If I am losing hair due to IP, I've still got months to go so that's kind of upsetting.

I'm also wondering if seeking the help of my hair dresser might be more beneficial than going to the doctor!

Mine has been a general thinning as well. Luckily my hair was thick to start with so it's not noticeable to anyone but me right now. I'm going to stick with IP for a few more months to try to get as close to goal as possible and hope I don't get any bald patches in the process! It will take a few months for the new hair to grow back regardless, from what I hear. I just wish the grays would fall out instead of my nice brown hairs. :^:

schenectady 01-27-2014 01:47 PM

Pay it forward

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4928033)

Nolasmurf - how wonderful that you provided the inspiration for your boss. I think one of the great things about this site is that the veterans can help the newbies and it is all being 'paid forward'.

When I get to goal. I hope that I can do that as well although I do not think that I will ever approach the good of 65X65 or Lisa.

lisa32989 01-27-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4929693)
Nolasmurf - how wonderful that you provided the inspiration for your boss. I think one of the great things about this site is that the veterans can help the newbies and it is all being 'paid forward'.

When I get to goal. I hope that I can do that as well although I do not think that I will ever approach the good of 65X65 or Lisa.

Here's how I think...
I really don't think I can keep what I have unless I give it away.
So I help others...

nolasmurf 01-28-2014 11:49 AM

Hey Team August we got kicked off the first page again. What's up in your worlds? How are you feeling?

Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Was telling,y honey about a dream last night: I dreamt that I was shopping for a new swimsuit. :o can't even fathom that right now now. But I guess with tour weather at 34 and falling I was dreaming of being somewhere warm. He told me well yea babe you're gonna have to buy a new suit! He suggested a bikini! Ha! Doubt that highly even at my smallest I wasn't comfortable in a bikini. I guess we'll see come the summer time.

schenectady 01-28-2014 12:40 PM

nolasmurf - I can appreciate the challenges eating out and that has been tough for me. We have our house on the market and so cooking anything that leaves odors is a no-no. I whirled around like crazy yesterday for 2 prospective buyers so I would think I burned off a lot.

We went out for our anniversary last night and I was very careful - Greek salad, no feta, no olives, vinaigrette on the side, unused (I guess there goes the "greek" in the salad!) I had delicious rosemary cut up chicken breast, drank lots of water. Hope being good will show up soon on my weight.

What struck me as we celebrated 24 years together is that this is a new 24 years starting now and it is up to me to make it everything I have wanted. I have lost -55 and I am essentially the same weight I was when we first married. So I am back and "go" and I am going to do all that I can for me.

ReenHag 01-28-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4930426)
Hey Team August we got kicked off the first page again. What's up in your worlds? How are you feeling?

Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Was telling,y honey about a dream last night: I dreamt that I was shopping for a new swimsuit. :o can't even fathom that right now now. But I guess with tour weather at 34 and falling I was dreaming of being somewhere warm. He told me well yea babe you're gonna have to buy a new suit! He suggested a bikini! Ha! Doubt that highly even at my smallest I wasn't comfortable in a bikini. I guess we'll see come the summer time.

Doing okay here in my bitterly cold world. Maybe it was a bad idea to start losing my "padding" before this crazy winter! Joking, of course. I do NOT want those 40+ lbs back! However, I can totally understand dreaming of summery things!

School/ work is as crazy as ever. Just teying to make it through till May. Sis and I got tix to see Billy Joel in July in DC, so that is definitely an event to look forward to! I am a HUGE Billy fan! (Well, not as big as I used to be! :carrot:)

Stay warm, everyone!

~Renee

ecdcslim 01-29-2014 12:07 PM

Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat. We have a cafe in the office but since I only eat fish and eggs for protein, the salad bar is getting a little same ole same ole. (only so much dry tuna and chopped hard boiled eggs I can stand). Phase 3 will be interesting - I haven't lost weight really over Phase 2 - maybe 2.5 lbs over 2 weeks - but think inches are going. I really wanted to be under 135 lbs as I know I'm going to put on weight when I re-introduce the carbs.