3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who Started August 2013, Part III!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289906-who-started-august-2013-part-iii.html)

schenectady 01-10-2014 11:07 AM

I am not sure that the previous Augusters is closed since I think I just posted on it?

Anyway, since this is the newer, I will just repost here?

I am so proud of all who have stuck by this August group! There have been ups and downs and some who have incredibly stuck straight through this many month process. Kudos to all.

What is important is that we are all still here, still trying.

What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

So, Augusters, of what are YOU most proud?

ReenHag 01-10-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4916040)
What am I most proud of? Yes, the weight loss, but getting to the gym everyday takes the cake for me. I have never been a gym person, always felt like a fish out of water. I can't say I love going but I love the fact that I DO go! I know I feel better and I know my body is getting healthier, so I am good with that.

So, Augusters, of what are YOU most proud?

I am proud of my determination to see this through, especially with some negativity or disbelief from people. I am proud of hubby, who has journeyed with me to a healthier life. In fact, it was his idea to begin with.

I am proud of the 3FC'ers who have shared triumphs and struggles, who have boosted each other up and also administered tough love and hard truths when needed.

~Renee

lisa32989 01-10-2014 11:21 AM

To avoid confusion, I've requested the duplicate thread be closed. This is not the duplicate :)

schenectady 01-10-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4916052)
I am proud of the 3FC'ers who have shared triumphs and struggles, who have boosted each other up and also administered tough love and hard truths when needed.

~Renee

Renee - this is the part of your entry that resonated most with me. I, unlike you, do not have a supportive DH, although I think he may be coming around a wee bit. He has been spotted in the gym, although not with me...by his lonesome self.

Therefore as a empty nester, I turn to the lovely people on here for support and I have never been disappointed. When I got through the tough times, there is sympathetic support and encouragement. When I am doing well, I get lots of those dancing veggies and fairy dust - I love it!

Today marks the first time I have lost weight from the very lowest weight I was a month or so again when I went off track. So I managed to get back to the lowest and now, get going again. Feels great!

I am now approaching the lowest I have been during my marriage. I was 9 pounds less 20 years ago so I have a real goal. After that comes the weight I was when we married, and that is only 14 pounds away......it is nice to have some measuring sticks against which to measure progress.

Kellimomo3 01-10-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4915904)
Have you tried using the alternative plan to lose the rest of the weight? It isn't as low carb/calorie/or fat.
Also, have you had a complete thyroid panel run?

My doc did run a complete thyroid panel and everything checked out fine. Right now I am too nervous to try anything until the hair loss stops. I have really thick long hair (thank god) and it is getting so thin!!!! I am trying to get the last nine pounds off by adding in the exercise and continuing to eat well. So far so good.

vachinyc 01-10-2014 05:56 PM

I am losing a lot of hair too. Thankfully I have a lot so I'm not completely freaked out yet. But I'd like to start phasing off soon and hope that it will abate at that point.

vachinyc 01-12-2014 04:38 PM

Hi Augusters: just checking in. Just weighed in for Week 21. I am getting a little antsy to move into phase 2...but I'm also nervous. I think I'm antsy because I've passed the original goal the clinic set but I'm still not where they think I should be. But they can't really tell me what that is...other than looking at my bmi/fat %. To be honest, I want to be a smaller size in clothes. But I also want to be a size I can maintain. Not sure what that is.
Of course I'm also worried about the phases and maintenance but I'm trying to remind myself that this process works so I just need to keep on keeping on and trust it to continue to work.
Lots on my mind!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. IP POWER to you!

ReenHag 01-12-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4917702)
Hi Augusters: just checking in. Just weighed in for Week 21. I am getting a little antsy to move into phase 2...but I'm also nervous. I think I'm antsy because I've passed the original goal the clinic set but I'm still not where they think I should be. But they can't really tell me what that is...other than looking at my bmi/fat %. To be honest, I want to be a smaller size in clothes. But I also want to be a size I can maintain. Not sure what that is.
Of course I'm also worried about the phases and maintenance but I'm trying to remind myself that this process works so I just need to keep on keeping on and trust it to continue to work.
Lots on my mind!

Best of luck with your phasing onward! You could still lose a bit more, so get to where you are comfortable. You CAN maintain it. You have the tools. Just be very vigilant, and you know what you can do if those numbers start to creep up.

Thinking of you on this journey!

lighthouse101 01-12-2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4917702)
Lots on my mind!

If you're still wanting to lose a little more, go for it! I set my goal a little lower than where I think I'll end up in maintenance because I know there's sometimes a gain of 2-5 lbs after phasing off as your body replaces its glycogen stores. I figure if I set my goal a little lower then I won't worry about the slight regain if it happens.

schenectady 01-14-2014 10:53 AM

I am plain just going to wait before I truly set my final goal. It is has soooooo long since I was anywhere near what I "set" as my goal that I do not know how I and my body will be when I reach it.

The goal I set was the lowest I was ever as an adult, but it was also more than 20 years ago and my body after that time and 2 children is not the same. My regular doctor said it would likely put me on the edge of a normal BMI but he is OK with that, particularly compared to where I have been.

Since that conversation, I added the gym because I wanted to make my body more fit for whatever weight I carry. I have dreams of hitting my goal and thinking "hmmmm..maybe I will keep going until I get where I feel smoking hot". OK, kidding about the smoking hot bit, but I am curious as to what life looks like below 160. I think the charts show I should be closer to 145.

MidgieMoon 01-14-2014 01:01 PM

It's January!

Hello my August friends! I hope you are all well. I see we are still here, and doing it together! I am getting ready to start pahse 2 in a week or so! I am not at my numerical goal weight, but darn, I feel and look better than I ever thought possible. I truly wish you could all feel this way too! My self esteem is through the roof, and I feel invinvible!

It is my hope to gwet to the end sometime in March. I have another dive trip scheduled for June in Mexico, perhaps I wil buy another bikini??

Cheers!

vachinyc 01-14-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgieMoon (Post 4919295)
Hello my August friends! I hope you are all well. I see we are still here, and doing it together! I am getting ready to start pahse 2 in a week or so! I am not at my numerical goal weight, but darn, I feel and look better than I ever thought possible. I truly wish you could all feel this way too! My self esteem is through the roof, and I feel invinvible!

It is my hope to gwet to the end sometime in March. I have another dive trip scheduled for June in Mexico, perhaps I wil buy another bikini??

Cheers!

Dive trips and bikinis... LOTS of inspiration to stay on target :)

I'm so happy to see that IP has helped your feelings of self-esteem. I can feel that changing in me as well...ever so slowly. I'm excited to feel better about myself. I think we get into a rut sometimes when we're overweight where we feel somehow "less than". It's not true for everyone but has certainly been true for me.

You go MidgieMoon! You are awesome!

lighthouse101 01-14-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4919423)
Dive trips and bikinis... LOTS of inspiration to stay on target :)

I'm so happy to see that IP has helped your feelings of self-esteem. I can feel that changing in me as well...ever so slowly. I'm excited to feel better about myself. I think we get into a rut sometimes when we're overweight where we feel somehow "less than". It's not true for everyone but has certainly been true for me.

You go MidgieMoon! You are awesome!

Also glad to hear that this is happening for people. I'm not there yet - too many years of abusing my body and disliking the result and myself for it to undo in just a few months! I'm working on it though, and hope I can feel the love soon!

schenectady 01-15-2014 10:47 AM

Aha moment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4919518)
Also glad to hear that this is happening for people. I'm not there yet - too many years of abusing my body and disliking the result and myself for it to undo in just a few months! I'm working on it though, and hope I can feel the love soon!

Lighthouse - you probably are not alone in the feeling of dislike that can hang over after so many years. I know that in the first months of IP, I was not convinced of where I was going and where it would take me.

An aha moment finally changed some of that for me. I tripped across an old friend who I would periodically see in town. She literally did NOT recognize me at first - I had to say who I was. She was stunned.

That was the first real moment where I felt and knew what I have done and where I am going. I went home and cleaned closet and was also stunned by how many clothes no longer fit me - some I had never even worn because I never thought to try them on for size because I did not think they could possibly fit.

Fingers crossed that maybe a big aha moment will hit for you, too, and you can enjoy the wonderful big sunshine that brings into your life.

lighthouse101 01-15-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4920065)
Lighthouse - you probably are not alone in the feeling of dislike that can hang over after so many years. I know that in the first months of IP, I was not convinced of where I was going and where it would take me.

An aha moment finally changed some of that for me. I tripped across an old friend who I would periodically see in town. She literally did NOT recognize me at first - I had to say who I was. She was stunned.

That was the first real moment where I felt and knew what I have done and where I am going. I went home and cleaned closet and was also stunned by how many clothes no longer fit me - some I had never even worn because I never thought to try them on for size because I did not think they could possibly fit.

Fingers crossed that maybe a big aha moment will hit for you, too, and you can enjoy the wonderful big sunshine that brings into your life.

Thanks, schenectady, and also for sharing such an amazing NSV! I know you are a big supporter of exercise and I have recently started adding some in too. I'm hoping that will help - just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.

vachinyc 01-15-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4920165)
... just being grateful for having a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things.

Totally agree lighthouse. It is wonderful to have a healthy body that can do lots of wonderful things. :)

Rockabillygirl 01-16-2014 10:06 PM

Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

Glad to see everyone staying positive!

schenectady 01-17-2014 02:20 AM

Congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4921307)
Hello! I had a good WI today -- down 3.8 lbs! I am at exactly 200. I honestly am not sure when the last time I was at this weight was -- at least 10 years ago, probably more like 15. Next week I will be in "onederland"!!

What is even more amazing to me, we looked back at my measurements today and as of now my bust and hips are the size my waist was when I started! I've gone from 52-43-52 to 43-38-43. Obviously I have a long way to go, but 6 months ago I'd pretty much given up hope of ever losing weight, so this whole thing is amazing to me!

What a great job you have done and now you are going to Onderland! How very exciting. I still have a way to go for that thrill, but I cannot wait. I have not been there since before my wedding 24 years ago, so I can guess how you feel 'cause I know how I will!

lighthouse101 01-17-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Congrats on your progress and for sticking with it!

ecdcslim 01-17-2014 11:08 AM

Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.

schenectady 01-17-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4921694)
Hi all, it was really great to see that someone revived this thread! It's been quite a journey for all of us, look at the progress we've made! Vachinyc, I hear you about the ever changing goal - my clinic changed me too. I'm so close, I think that even if I haven't hit it at my weigh-in tomorrow, I'll move to phase 2. I love the way I look in clothes now, not so crazy about the no-clothes look, LOL but think if I could get back to some cardio and just live like this for a while, I might settle into the new way of being. But the great thing is, I can always go back to phase 1 if I find I'm slipping or losing the discipline. Thanks for all the support you guys have given me over the months, I know I couldn't have done it without you all.

Great accomplishment - that weight that you are looking for tomorrow is even lower that with which you started. What an accomplishment. Congratulations.

I think one of the great things about this program is that we can get excited about how we look in clothes again! For many, many years, I never REALLY looked in the mirror, knowing instinctively that would start my day off really wrong. I actually enjoy catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror because I surprise myself!

For Augusters - it is great that some of hung in there on the board - it has been a great help. Anyone hear from slowsteady? She is such a cheery and positive person and I miss hearing her voice on here.

nolasmurf 01-17-2014 11:15 AM

Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!

schenectady 01-17-2014 11:22 AM

You DID IT!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4921709)
Hey Augusters. I'm hanging in there. Yesterday I was 145.2, .2 lbs away from the 50lb mark. This morning I was 144. Gah lol! Getting pretty fatigued with the program. I may move into phase 2 for a bit to open up some options. Not sure yet. Keep on truckin gals!

WOW - two bonuses in one weigh in...you manage to drop 1.2 pounds in one day AND you go over 50 pounds. You must be floating with excitement! For someone at your height, 50 pounds is a HUGE loss and must make you an entirely new woman. I hope you are enjoying it.

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.

I now make myself a to-do list every morning for two reasons. Yes, it helps my feeble mind keep track of what I need to do, but it is also a way for me to see how active I am and can be. It is fun at the end of the day to look at my crossed off activities.

vachinyc 01-18-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Wow rockabilly your stats are awesome! My waist measurement isn't moving like I'd like - it's always been troublesome - but I think I need a new bra :)

lisa32989 01-18-2014 09:37 AM

Ladies:
I have some barely worn bras.
If anyone is a DDD, shoot me a PM

lighthouse101 01-18-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4921694)

Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4921709)

Wow, what an accomplishment! I hear you about the fatigue - I think that's why I fell off the wagon for a bit over the holidays. In hindsight, though if I had stayed with it, I'd be closer to my goals and not working on relosing weight I lost before the holidays. You journey is an inspiration to me to keep on moving!

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4921719)

Although there have been times when I was tired of the program, I am OK now. I think the extended 'vacation' I took when I could not get my mind in the right place served to reset my interest. I am quite keen on being 100% OP and being as active as possible through the day.

Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.

schenectady 01-19-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4922426)
Your progress has been amazing! I'm so happy for you and can't wait until I get to that point. This will the the year for so many of us!

Me too! I feel like I'm back in the right head space to keep going now and I'm loving getting some more exercise in too.

I love your reference to "right head space" because that is exactly the way I look at it. Mine is a mental/emotional battle to keep myself in that place. The more I do it, the easier it is.

The exercise part of it surprised me. I have never gone to a gym and never successfully exercised regularly. I find the exercise helps keep me in that same right space. Part of it is probably the physical body response and some of it is knowing exactly how hard it is to burn up the few calories I do - why would I give that up for some poor choice of what I later put in my mouth!

Rockabillygirl 01-19-2014 12:46 PM

Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!

lighthouse101 01-19-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4923253)
Oh dear . . . I went to a work gathering last night and fell off the wagon completely!! It didn't help that my co-workers were telling me how great I looked and that cheating once in awhile wouldn't undo it all. Obviously it was my choice, and what's done is done, but I'm really going to be mad at myself if it shows on the scale on Thursday! (Although, in reality, that might be good for me because every time I've cheated so far, it has NOT caught up with me, which makes it easier to cheat . . . )

I'm rambling but I felt the need to "confess". Have a great Sunday!

Thanks for sharing. Many of us have unfortunately experienced something similar while on IP, myself included. Don't stress too much about it and just hop back on the IP train to get where you want to be!

vachinyc 01-21-2014 04:13 PM

I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.

lisa32989 01-21-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4925138)
I am having a case of fatigue of the diet ... I feel bad even saying since others have been doing it so much longer. I find myself thinking about food I can't have a lot and even trying to rationalize that just a little would be ok. Yikes!

I think the thing that concerns me most is that if I have these feelings now (ie I don't think that any cravings are gone) which makes me nervous about the longer term and maintenance.

Reading the boards today for inspiration and determination.

IP POWER to us all.

I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?

Brenda52411 01-21-2014 05:47 PM

I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Brenda52411 01-21-2014 05:55 PM

Kelli,

You are eating the Phase 3 breakfast, but on Phase 1 for noon and your supper meal? I think I'm confused. I'm still on Phase 1, but think next week I will be moving to Phase 2.

What phase are you in, if you are eating the huge breakfast, but still on Phase 1 for dinner and supper?

vachinyc 01-21-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4925190)
I'm confused. Your trackers say you're at (past) goal. Haven't you moved past p1?

Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Weight is complicated may be the short answer.

lisa32989 01-21-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4925230)
Hey Lisa: I'm still in phase 1 per my clinic's reco and also because I'm not really the size I'd expect to be. The clinic is still showing my bmi as not yet in the normal category and that I have 6 pds of fat to lose so their thought is I lose the fat and get my bmi into normal. (the 171 goal I post here is what they gave me originally)

I haven't changed my goal because they said they are just looking for the bmi/fat to both be normal and that may or may not be the 6 lbs. they have of course also mentioned that the scales aren't foolproof and if I stall, I could go to phase 2.

I do realize I could push the issue - especially now that I'm feeling a little diet fatigue - but I'm also feeling like they have been very helpful so far. 155 is appealing and gets me closer normal in the height/weight charts (that don't factor in anything like bone structure or age). So in my head, a lot of factors are pointing to "keep going".

I weigh again tomorrow - will be week 22.5 (I normally weigh on Saturday) but it's also in the evening and I normally weigh in the morning. So it won't be apples to apples with my last weigh in about a week and a half ago. Home scale doesn't show much movement regardless.

The last time I was at the clinic we discussed the diet fatigue and they asked if I'd try to stick it out a little longer to get to the normal bmi. I'm trying, just have more days of "ugh" where it used to be a little easier to manage.

I have some concerns that I'll regret phasing too soon and wish I had stuck it out. Could be I also am worried it feels like quitting (before bmi is even normal) before I'm fully done losing ... even though in my head, I know it's not.

I have some history of self sabbatage so I'm trying to be mindful and not do that here given all the work to date.

Okay. Your trackers just confused me.
Anyway, I've seen many peeps continue to lose in both p2 AND p3
Just FYI

ReenHag 01-21-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee

vachinyc 01-21-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4925316)
That is a lot of info to process! I hope you are finding it a little easier. I have had those days, but trust me, restarting is harder. Get where you want to be now, then phase off. It was harder for me to get back into the swing of things after the holidays. I am there now, but it has taken two full weeks to get my head fully back into the game. When I have a bad day (typically stress-driven, for me), I just look at it one day at a time or even one meal at a time. It makes the process much more do-able.

Good luck getting into that normal BMI range! You will be there before you know it!

Renee

Thanks Renee. I sometimes "think" too much so that plays a role in all this too. I like "one meal at a time". Good advice. :)

ecdcslim 01-22-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Please, please know that you can hang in there! I had the same issue, reached my initial goal, I made the weight but my body fat % was over 35 and they weren't happy. I had 2 cheat days totally off plan at Xmas and NYE and boy was I craving after that! Sweets, crackers, cream cheese. But I decided to push on. It only took 5 lbs for me to get seriously under that 35% and I have to say I love my body more at this weight than the heavier initial goal. You have worked so hard, you CAN do this, look at your success to date. So know that I'm here, supporting you, what ever you do but I know you can push through if it's what you want.

schenectady 01-22-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

You are sure right that "weight is complicated"! No other way to see it.

What struck me in your post was the comment that you feel you are not the size you would expect to be. If you have a mental image of where you want to be as a result of this, then maybe your mind is telling you something - that you are not done yet?

If you are feeling that way, maybe you can find a way to hang in there a little longer - make a little project of researching recipes that you have not tried yet (roasted cabbage?) and planning out another week's menu using those? I would hate for you to stop when part of you is saying you are not there yet.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you have done a great job of losing a lot of weight.

Kellimomo3 01-22-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda52411 (Post 4925204)
I'm new to the 3fatchicks group, so please be patient with me as I try to maneuver around this site.

I started with the Ideal Protein Diet, along with hubby, on Aug 5, 2013. I have gone from 189 pounds to now 132, with 2 more pounds to go, to achieve my weight loss goal. I imagine next week, we will be going from Stage 1 to Stage 2.

I have had MASSIVE hair loss... my doctor just started this diet in her clinic shortly before we started on the diet. She believes that my hair will likely grow back, once we get off the diet. Has anyone else found hair loss, and did it grow back, or is there something I should be / could be doing to help it grow back?

Hi there! I feel your pain! I had to totally phase off since my hair loss was so sudden and massive!!! I phased off in November and my hair is still coming out at the same rate. My doctor ran tests and everything is normal so she expects the hair loss to stop three months from when I phased off which will be mid February. I do notice hair growing back but I have long hair that I love so it will take forever!!! Glad I lost the 40 pounds but really hate this side effect for me! You asked what I was eating and I am doing phase 4. For breakfast, I either have Special K protein cereal with 1/2 grapefruit and plain greek yogart or an egg and whole grain lite english muffin instead of the cereal. Lunch I have my veggies and an IP protein bar and snack I have yogart, dinner I do phase 4. I'm not really doing a cheat day but as soon as I see a 140# on the scale, I do a phase 1 day and it goes right back down so that's what works for me. Good luck!!!!!!