3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who Started August 2013, Part III!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289906-who-started-august-2013-part-iii.html)

schenectady 01-29-2014 02:45 PM

I am having so much fun 'shopping' in my closet. I have about 1 more size smaller that have been hanging around, so it is fun to slip something on and find it slide down smoothly. Some things I passed by without ever wearing but that is not a problem to me!

So I am about 1/2 way through the size 18's and looking eagerly to get into my first size 16. Huge motivational thing for me to see the old stuff dropped off at the thrift store. My closet is now about half empty....

ReenHag 01-29-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4931273)
Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat. We have a cafe in the office but since I only eat fish and eggs for protein, the salad bar is getting a little same ole same ole. (only so much dry tuna and chopped hard boiled eggs I can stand). Phase 3 will be interesting - I haven't lost weight really over Phase 2 - maybe 2.5 lbs over 2 weeks - but think inches are going. I really wanted to be under 135 lbs as I know I'm going to put on weight when I re-introduce the carbs.

Congrats on starting phase three! I hope you can get some more options for your lunch proteins....same old, same old, can get boring, for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4931389)
I am having so much fun 'shopping' in my closet. I have about 1 more size smaller that have been hanging around, so it is fun to slip something on and find it slide down smoothly. Some things I passed by without ever wearing but that is not a problem to me!

So I am about 1/2 way through the size 18's and looking eagerly to get into my first size 16. Huge motivational thing for me to see the old stuff dropped off at the thrift store. My closet is now about half empty....

So much fun! It was smart of you to hold on to some stuff. It has been so long since I was this small that I only had about one size worth of clothes to go through, then I had to get new ones. The Goodwill Store is now my new best friend!!

Stay warm, all!

~Renee

AliExpat 01-29-2014 04:43 PM

I'm still here too. Haven't posted in a while, which I never thought I'd do, lol. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Congrats on you Augusters that have hit goal!!!

vachinyc 02-01-2014 01:26 PM

Hi Augusters! We were on page 3! No, no, no :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4931475)
I'm still here too. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Bikinis! Awesome! You must have been so happy!
Definite diet fatigue here too - though maybe it's also the weather/lack of sun - combined with the somewhat monotonous 6 months of diet effort. While this has been easier and more successful than I expected, there's still some angst I create on days where my thoughts turn to what I "can't have" rather than what I "can do".

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4931273)
Hi all, still here, heading down toward Phase 3 this weekend. Phase 2's been a non issue for me, mostly a pain as it was SOOO easy to have a packet and salad for lunch, now I have to think about what protein I'm going to eat.

Congrats on moving into phase 2 successfully...I haven't started yet but think the same. At a certain point, taking a packet is easy peasy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4930474)
We went out for our anniversary last night and I was very careful .. What struck me as we celebrated 24 years together is that this is a new 24 years starting now and it is up to me to make it everything I have wanted. I have lost -55 and I am essentially the same weight I was when we first married. So I am back and "go" and I am going to do all that I can for me.

Great attitude Schenectady. Congrats on the anniversary and hope the house sells soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4930426)
...Personally I've been feeling some fatigue with the strict lifestyle and I made some poor choices over the weekend. Mainly just eating out to many too many times. I could see and feel the bloat from the sodium etc so I'm back on track.

Back on track and you can do it! I think it's perfectly normal to hit plateaus with our attitude... 6 months is a long time and this does take commitment and focus. It's not a quick fix, changing our bodies and our minds. But we can do it! Hopefully new bathing suit dreams help :)

I had my weigh in today after a week and a half...down 3.6 so I'm excited! The next two weeks are a lot of work travel/conferences and I'm very close to goal so I'm going to aim for a mix of phase 1 and 2 days. We'll see how it goes.

Oddly, as I posted on today's daily thread, my goal weight per the clinic keeps changing... Every time I get to what they said it was, it's now lower according to their scale thing (scale says I need to lose 2.2 more pounds of body fat...it doesn't set a weight number to hit). Regardless, I'm more or less moving into phase 2 ish unofficially :) wish me luck!

Happy weekend and IP POWER to you!

ReenHag 02-01-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4931475)
I'm still here too. Haven't posted in a while, which I never thought I'd do, lol. Suffering from diet fatigue, I guess that's pretty common after 5 months. I missed my last WI due to a public holiday and I'll miss next week since I'll be in Jamaica. I had to order 3 new bathing suits,(bikinis at that!) since my old ones give me the "saggy diaper" look. Most chic for swimwear, lol. I'm almost out of the obese range. I plan on sticking with the diet until Easter at which point I'll fully phase off and start working out, which I miss terribly.

Congrats on the new suits! And most definitely enjoy your trip and the warmth! I am not sure what kind of workout you usually do, but a light workout during P1 is okay by most people. I find toning and light cardio to be uplifting, esp during the winter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4933833)
Hi Augusters! We were on page 3! No, no, no :)

Definite diet fatigue here too - though maybe it's also the weather/lack of sun - combined with the somewhat monotonous 6 months of diet effort. While this has been easier and more successful than I expected, there's still some angst I create on days where my thoughts turn to what I "can't have" rather than what I "can do".

I had my weigh in today after a week and a half...down 3.6 so I'm excited! The next two weeks are a lot of work travel/conferences and I'm very close to goal so I'm going to aim for a mix of phase 1 and 2 days. We'll see how it goes.

I have felt some diet fatigue in the past, but it seems to go away, too. Ride it out if you can. Try some new veggies, spices, or something to change it up a bit. The weather definitely makes things a bit tougher, that is for sure!

And congrats on the 3.6 pounds you donated! Way to go! Best of luck as you start P2. Happy weekend!

~Renee

schenectady 02-02-2014 01:10 PM

vachinyc Congratulations on the 3.6 pound loss - if I were not a more sane and truly happy person, I would be envious! You should be so ecstatic.

I have dealt with IP diet fatigue and I deal with it by trying to be more determined by examining new recipes or just take the trouble to make something that takes time and effort rather than just relying on my same old standards.

Although my losses have slowed, I am having the time of my life with being able to fit in smaller clothes, so even though the weight is a little behind what I would like, the measurements are not.

Sad, though, that I keep discovering more and more SHOES that d not fit. I love all my shoes and they are all favorites for one reason or another. It kills me to put those into the thrift store donation bag, but I reason that when I get close to goal, I will have every reason and justification for buying all new ones!

Clarington45 02-02-2014 04:59 PM

Hi All,
Thought I would pop in and say hi even though I haven't really been on plan for a while ( as my stats show.. ughh why is losing weight so hard.. my will power really sucks sometimes, but I am not giving up and am getting mentally prepared to get back to the business of losing weight.. I am dying to get to under 200.. am going to come back to the boards more and doing it with alts ) Congrats to everyone on their success.. you guys rock..

vachinyc 02-02-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4934604)
vachinyc Congratulations on the 3.6 pound loss - if I were not a more sane and truly happy person, I would be envious! You should be so ecstatic.

I have dealt with IP diet fatigue and I deal with it by trying to be more determined by examining new recipes or just take the trouble to make something that takes time and effort rather than just relying on my same old standards.

Although my losses have slowed, I am having the time of my life with being able to fit in smaller clothes, so even though the weight is a little behind what I would like, the measurements are not.

Sad, though, that I keep discovering more and more SHOES that d not fit. I love all my shoes and they are all favorites for one reason or another. It kills me to put those into the thrift store donation bag, but I reason that when I get close to goal, I will have every reason and justification for buying all new ones!

Thanks Schenectady. I honestly don't have a clue how that number happened this late...my average is around 2.5. Which was frustrating at times but I listened to the wise folks here and kept at it. IP works :)

I have been noticing the shoe thing recently too. Weird!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4933842)
?..I have felt some diet fatigue in the past, but it seems to go away, too. Ride it out if you can. Try some new veggies, spices, or something to change it up a bit. The weather definitely makes things a bit tougher, that is for sure!

And congrats on the 3.6 pounds you donated! Way to go! Best of luck as you start P2.

Thanks Renee. You're right, it does go away...especially when I put on a smaller size :)

Speaking of...I've been complaining a little about my size not dropping ...but I went to Ann Taylor today and fit in a 10. I'm ecstatic. That's the size I wanted to be again. It's been a while coming but yay! I didn't buy much - that store is pricey - but found a cute dress and skirt both 50% off their sale price - so I got them! They will also help with my upcoming two weeks of work travel...new clothes, smaller size...keeping me in check!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'm cooking some chicken tenders in Frank's and having celery and WF blue cheese. And some jicama 'fries'.

ReenHag 02-02-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4934758)
Thanks Schenectady. I honestly don't have a clue how that number happened this late...my average is around 2.5. Which was frustrating at times but I listened to the wise folks here and kept at it. IP works :)

I have been noticing the shoe thing recently too. Weird!

Thanks Renee. You're right, it does go away...especially when I put on a smaller size :)

Speaking of...I've been complaining a little about my size not dropping ...but I went to Ann Taylor today and fit in a 10. I'm ecstatic. That's the size I wanted to be again. It's been a while coming but yay! I didn't buy much - that store is pricey - but found a cute dress and skirt both 50% off their sale price - so I got them! They will also help with my upcoming two weeks of work travel...new clothes, smaller size...keeping me in check!

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I'm cooking some chicken tenders in Frank's and having celery and WF blue cheese. And some jicama 'fries'.

Enjoy your SB festivities! So glad to hear of your new size. That is great! I cannot wait to be securely in an eight, or maybe a six. Just trying to get the belly pooch to go away. Any suggestions? I workout the abs a few times a week and do general toning.

Congrats on the new outfits. How cool you can show them off on your travels!

nolasmurf 02-02-2014 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Team August.
BUSY BUSY weekend. Slipped at bit today but getting back on the horse.. Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday. The dress is $180 at Macy's and I LOVED it, but it's way out of my budget. I asked the Macy's manager to hold one for me in a smaller size so when I hit my goal of 130 I can go buy it.

vachinyc 02-02-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4934802)
Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday.

Great pic and cute dress! Motivation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4934783)
Enjoy your SB festivities! So glad to hear of your new size. That is great! I cannot wait to be securely in an eight, or maybe a six. Just trying to get the belly pooch to go away. Any suggestions? I workout the abs a few times a week and do general toning.

Congrats on the new outfits. How cool you can show them off on your travels!

That's been my problem too - still is. Always has been though so I'm a little resigned. Im wondering if that will get better as I add more working out? Not sure. Not going to sweat it too much :)

lighthouse101 02-03-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4934802)
Hey Team August.
BUSY BUSY weekend. Slipped at bit today but getting back on the horse.. Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday. The dress is $180 at Macy's and I LOVED it, but it's way out of my budget. I asked the Macy's manager to hold one for me in a smaller size so when I hit my goal of 130 I can go buy it.

Great pic and will be a nice reward when you get to your goal!

Last week was rough as I was sick and my appetite was all out of whack. I decided not to WI as I suspect there might be some lingering inflammation from being sick, so now that I am feeling better I'll be back in the gym and on my regular eating schedule! Have a good week, Augusters!

ecdcslim 02-03-2014 04:40 PM

Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.

ReenHag 02-03-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4935573)
Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.

Okay, thanks. I plan on sticking with the ab work, so I hope I will see some results there. I have had one pregnancy, so maybe my belly is doomed to be flabby. Just gotta lose a little more of the fat there and my thighs...

ReenHag 02-05-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4936107)
Once I get closer to goal, I want to do some real clothes shopping and then I will have to explore what kind/style of clothes will work around that issue. I know that I will have some thinking to do about who this skinnier lady is and what she can 'learn' to wear comfortably rather than relying on the same sort of clothes from before.

Sounds like a plan! When I get closer, I am also looking forward to trying on various clothes and styles to see what I like and what my new body can wear. I do not see my entire style or comfort level changing (I typically am not a skirt/ dress girl), but I am excited to try some styles that I have liked but have been unwilling to wear on a larger body. Especially some skinny jeans! Love that look with boots and a nice sweater. Summer clothes are coming, too. Hmmm...what to wear? Will have to try some thinner straps or maybe even tops that tie around the neck... I have already enlisted my bff to go with me. She has an eye for fashion and bargains!!

Rockabillygirl 02-06-2014 08:07 PM

Hello fellow Augusters!

I'm still here, chugging along. Seem to have more and more slip-ups though.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm still here!

Rockabillygirl 02-07-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4938434)
Do you think the slip-ups might have something to do with having crossed over into Onderland? I know for me that once I reach a BIG goal like that, it is hard to find the motivation to keep going quite as strong as before.

I think that might be part of it, combined with the winter "blahs". When it's cold I find it harder to drink all my water, and I've been making more excuses to myself lately. I am not blaming anyone/anything other than me!

On a different note, every week when I go weigh in there is a couple ahead of me who always run over their alloted time and the clinic is so small you can hear everything from the waiting area. Yesterday was the worst yet -- the husband, who has already convinced me that he's a complete jackass, was YELLING at his wife, blaming her for his slip-ups: "You bought cheesecake for your bunco group and you KNOW I'm going to eat it! It's YOUR responsibility to not put things in the house you KNOW I will eat!" It was excruciating to listen to, and I wanted to go back and slap him!

MidgieMoon 04-18-2014 02:32 PM

August to April!

Ho Augusters! It has been a while, and after a long winter of being sick, I am back! Holding steady with the weight loss after a month long bout of pneumonia followed up with strep throat. I just wanted to say hi, and I hope all of you are on plan, be it Phase 1 or 4! I am sure some of you have met goal
I am almost there, and the warmer weather is really inspring me!
Hugs to all :)