Old 11-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Teachers on IP

Hi, after reading another post, I was curious just how many teachers are on IP and 3FC.

How are you handling the bathroom issue?

How have the kids responded to your weight loss?

Do you have colleagues noticing your weight losses?
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #2  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi, after reading another post, I was curious just how many teachers are on IP and 3FC.

How are you handling the bathroom issue?

How have the kids responded to your weight loss?

Do you have colleagues noticing your weight losses?
I started IP the day before school started. I teach middle school, and have an eighth grade homeroom and class with them four times a day. I actually "yelled" at them for not noticing! LOL Some of my girls have commented. More of the parents and my colleagues have commented, and it is very motivating. We are a tight-knit family, so I shared with them from the beginning and asked for their support. Two of the teachers actually have pulled me aside on separate occasions to tell me how impressed they are and how good I look. One of the parents caught my eye from the bleachers during our faculty/ 8th grade basketball game and mouthed, "You look really good!"

The bathroom issue isn't really an issue. I can run if I need to between classes, and my partner teacher can watch my kids as they wait in the hall for me for a minute. However, I can usually wait till lunch, and I have a plan in the afternoon.

Overall, the adults are very supportive and really notice. The kids, not so much. Maybe cuz their teenagers and are just so ensconced in their own worlds, maybe cuz they see me every day, who knows? I had a graduate from last year return yesterday to visit, and after she hugged me, the first thing she told me is how good I looked, so that definitely made my day!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

I'm a teacher too! The bathroom can be really difficult! I try to drink my water close to my break, lunch and end of the day. It's just too hard if not. My students haven't really noticed, but my colleagues have. They have be
en great! Of course I have to stay out of the teacher's room - way too many temptations!
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

The bathroom has been an issue after 3 classes in a row. I have waved down staff in the hallway to watch my class.

On my bday, a student left me some of their Halloween candy on my desk. I explained that I am not eating sugar, they asked with very serious faces if I was diabetic. I said no, I am just trying to lose weight. One of my boys vehemently said, you do not need to lose weight. I said, how sweet, but I need to get healthier.

The staff have been commenting constantly! I am the 7th teacher out of 60 to do the IP program. I have inspired two more to think about it.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #5  

I'm a teacher, too. I travel from school-to-school to see my students. I certainly know where every bathroom at every school is!

I also keep a hot pot in my office for heating up water for herbal tea. My colleagues notice but it is a VERY strange environment there...lets just say not the friendliest.

Several people have asked me quietly/privately what I'm doing but when they did their own checking, told me they couldn't afford it.

I went to a LOT of trouble to put together info for 2 folks on how to use alternatives. They still didn't do it so now I probably won't take the time to share that again.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #6  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyle View Post
I'm a teacher too! The bathroom can be really difficult! I try to drink my water close to my break, lunch and end of the day. It's just too hard if not. My students haven't really noticed, but my colleagues have. They have been great! Of course I have to stay out of the teacher's room - way too many temptations!
Ain't that the truth! Muffins, candy, etc. always appear in that breakroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Hi,

The bathroom has been an issue after 3 classes in a row. I have waved down staff in the hallway to watch my class.

On my bday, a student left me some of their Halloween candy on my desk. I explained that I am not eating sugar, they asked with very serious faces if I was diabetic. I said no, I am just trying to lose weight. One of my boys vehemently said, you do not need to lose weight. I said, how sweet, but I need to get healthier.

The staff have been commenting constantly! I am the 7th teacher out of 60 to do the IP program. I have inspired two more to think about it.
Students can be so sweet sometimes! I can totally relate about waving down a colleague- I used to do that all the time! In fact, I used to have to go more often before I was on IP and when I was drinking soda. I think I have trained my muscles or something to be able tomwait longer. I have a break after three 45-minute periods, both in the morning and the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm a teacher, too. I travel from school-to-school to see my students. I certainly know where every bathroom at every school is!

I also keep a hot pot in my office for heating up water for herbal tea. My colleagues notice but it is a VERY strange environment there...lets just say not the friendliest.

Several people have asked me quietly/privately what I'm doing but when they did their own checking, told me they couldn't afford it.

I went to a LOT of trouble to put together info for 2 folks on how to use alternatives. They still didn't do it so now I probably won't take the time to share that again.
Wow, I am sorry your work environment is not a friendly one. That can be a big stressor! Do you have a "home base" and then travel to schools from there? My sis is an OT, and she travels to a different school each day. Also, know that we all here appreciate the research, info, and insights you provide to help us on our IP journeys.

Went to the quarter auction at school tonight and won a bag. I was not even tempted by the wine or snacks that my friends brought. I took some chicken, a salad, cukes, and celery, and I had to force myself to eat it. I was just not that hungry! Now, how many days till Christmas break?
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

I went to a LOT of trouble to put together info for 2 folks on how to use alternatives. They still didn't do it so now I probably won't take the time to share that again.[/QUOTE]

Lisa you are appreciated here. When someone posts a question I always come back to see what you say. Love your input and your straight forward approach. I would have loved you in my girls classroom. They are well behaved and when others would mis behave it was a real stressor on them. I bet you have control and respect from your students.
Roni Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Lisa, that is exactly how my job is too. I found it really hard on phase 1 going from school to school. I was always thinking ahead what the quickest route to the nearest bathroom in the next school. But the worst part was the city traffic, when I kept hitting red lights and was so scared I wasn't going to get to the next school in time!

I also find that going from place to place you are not really a part of the staff and some folk are not too friendly. But I have a great staff at my home office.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #9  
Start 3/8/15

S/C/G: 150/119/120

Height: 5'5"

I'm a teacher, too! I teach courses at the college level. I have to admit, my students haven't really said anything, but that may just be their age. Like most of you, my coworkers have noticed that I've "slimmed down." That is a great feeling when others notice. But most importantly, I just feel GREAT!

Lisa, sorry to hear of your work situation. Hang in there...as WE all know that you are an ASSET to that workplace. :-)
FitMom02 is offline   Reply With Quote