Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #16  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I'm starting my 2nd week of Phase 2 after a -1.2 loss at weigh in today! Not great but I will take it!

I'm now in planning mode for. P3 and getting excited. IP has given me life! I'm down 41 lbs., no joint pain, wearing a size 8-10, for the first time since high school. My DH is amazing and it's like we are on a honeymoon all over again!💞

Gave a great IP weekend all and stay focused on the pot of gold!

For all you SASKATCHEWAN IP'ers....... GO RIDERS!!!!!👍👍🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏆🏆🏆🏆
Maxxy, good luck on P3! I so looked forward to eating those wonderful breakfasts. I searched every P3 thread and copied all the P3 breakfast ideas and recipes so I would be prepared.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #17  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

We are going to a football party on Sunday! Any appetizer suggestions besides a veggie platter?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default 6th WI

Omg, I am sooo happy with my WI this week. Last week I only lost 1 lb but I felt constipated. I spoke to my advisor and she said drink a lot of water. She was right because I was getting tired of drinking it. I really see the importance of water because this week I lost 9lbs!!!!! That is super amazing 😜😝😝😝😝😝😀. I have lost 36lbs in a month and a half!!! I love IP so much. I am feeling my confidence coming back. I'm so happy 😃
Old 11-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #19  

Height: 6'

One thing that IP has done for me is curtail my desire for sweets. As I write this there is a beautiful loaf of raisin bread and a cheese and strawberry coffee cake a few feet away from me. And to my surprise, I'm fine with it. That is such a new concept for me because all of my life, sweets have been my weakness. This plan is awesome and I'm so happy to be back on track. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #20  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
We are going to a football party on Sunday! Any appetizer suggestions besides a veggie platter?
Deviled eggs are always a hit! For every two whole eggs, I add two egg whites and give the yolks to the dogs That way you get more protein & less fat. Mix with WF mayo & some spicy mustard and S & P with a sprinkle of paprika and you are good to go.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #21  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
This Winnipegger is not going to comment on the Rider thing (okay, good luck to them!) but how about making a mockamole to bring with the veggies? I did that for an office event and people loved it.

Jo
Old 11-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Guys, I am so hungry today. I am feeling crabby with IP and want to eat everything. I was hungry yesterday and decided on a 4th IP packet instead of eating everything in my kitchen (thought crossed my mind). Maybe I'm just feeling hormonal, not sure, but I'm talking myself off a ledge right now. This is day 11 so I'm not sure why these weird cravings are kicking in. I just want to munch on something.

Any advice for handling this? I'd prefer not to go off plan for obvious reasons.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 236/216/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Guys, I am so hungry today. I am feeling crabby with IP and want to eat everything. I was hungry yesterday and decided on a 4th IP packet instead of eating everything in my kitchen (thought crossed my mind). Maybe I'm just feeling hormonal, not sure, but I'm talking myself off a ledge right now. This is day 11 so I'm not sure why these weird cravings are kicking in. I just want to munch on something.

Any advice for handling this? I'd prefer not to go off plan for obvious reasons.
Are you getting all of your veggies and water? Maybe try drinking a cup of hot tea...I read somewhere once that hot liquids make us feel fuller, not sure if its true or not, but if you like herbal tea it might be an option for you.

I just love reading all of the NSV's! I got rid of so many clothes earlier this year when I was close to goal, I refuse to buy new "bigger" jeans, so I am currently stuffing myself into very tight ones. Looking forward to these being loose and buying some new cute "smaller jeans!"

Have a great OP Day All!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #24  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

Quote:

I know the feeling. Here's what I do - I eat romaine lettuce, it's crunchy, it's something to eat and it's filling (albeit tasteless). I also use the Stevia drops in my water - it's not only sweet, but it adds a honey-like texture to the water which I find somehow 'turns off' the craving for chewy rich food. Herbal teas help too - cinnamon apple, orange spice, honey rooibos. Drink water. Get out of the kitchen and do something that takes concentration and time (hemming pants, balancing your checkbook, re-arrange your underwear drawer). I think you have to turn off the habit switch in your head that turns you to food. Good luck, hang in there.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
I know the feeling. Here's what I do - I eat romaine lettuce, it's crunchy, it's something to eat and it's filling (albeit tasteless). I also use the Stevia drops in my water - it's not only sweet, but it adds a honey-like texture to the water which I find somehow 'turns off' the craving for chewy rich food. Herbal teas help too - cinnamon apple, orange spice, honey rooibos. Drink water. Get out of the kitchen and do something that takes concentration and time (hemming pants, balancing your checkbook, re-arrange your underwear drawer). I think you have to turn off the habit switch in your head that turns you to food. Good luck, hang in there.
Thanks. I'm at the office-- I think I'm going to take a walk outside and maybe treat myself to some looseleaf tea at the tea shop-- one of the flavors you suggest. There's a nice tea shop about four blocks away (downtown Chicago, so it's an easy walk).

I'm not sure why I'm struggling today. Went ahead and had my restricted item for lunch (was saving it for dinner), that helped a little but man am I feeling munchy.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Okay...totally off topic, but this is driving me crazy! Everytime I come to the site today, another window opens with NutriSystem trying to get me to join them. Anyone know of how I can make this stop? It's driving me NUTS!!! No matter what thread I click on, another window opens for them. AHHHH! HELP!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #27  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
Okay...totally off topic, but this is driving me crazy! Everytime I come to the site today, another window opens with NutriSystem trying to get me to join them. Anyone know of how I can make this stop? It's driving me NUTS!!! No matter what thread I click on, another window opens for them. AHHHH! HELP!!!
I use google Chrome and use the adblock add-on. it stops ads on all pages and is awesome
Old 11-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #28  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
sarita75 I wanto to congratulate you on running! You posted it late yesterday and I just want to acknowledge your first day on P3 and your run. I'm an avid runner and look forward to adding it back to my routine in a few months.
Thanks! It felt amazing to be out there last night, dark and cool, running through my neighborhood. I am very much more hungry today, however, so I need to figure out the food thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiemae View Post
I'll be in NYC all day on Sunday...starting with a show and ending with a sporting event...any advice!?
Take good with you. Take some cooked meat (chicken is usually pretty cool at room temp), cut veggies (cucs, peppers are my favorites) and packets. To the extent you can take pre-made drink or pudding, go that route. Don't forget eating utensils.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #29  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

I just have to tell someone (no one in my house understands haha).... I just had THE BEST lunch!!

I made "nacho" chips out of the Potato puree and had it with some salsa!! It was so delicious I didn't want them to be all gone!
Old 11-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
I just have to tell someone (no one in my house understands haha).... I just had THE BEST lunch!!

I made "nacho" chips out of the Potato puree and had it with some salsa!! It was so delicious I didn't want them to be all gone!
LOL! I completely understand.
Closed Thread