Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 9/6/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!! TGIF! Hoping for no rain this weekend, we had enough last weekend.

JLUS, Sonyasbug, and MntRose, Thank you for yesterdays advice, I mostly thought the coach was all wet with the water, no pun intended. It does seem to be that I am a slower loser all around. In the beginning I found that if I left out the restricteds the scale moved more. I do make sure to have the oil, being a vegetarian the fat intake is really low. Perhaps I will try adding a few more retricteds and ? an extra tsp of evoo a couple days?

I'm so thankful for all the help and knowledge here! Its obvious that some coaches just have no clue. You all are role models and are so inspiring with your successes!!!!

Off to work!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning all!! TGIF! Hoping for no rain this weekend, we had enough last weekend.

JLUS, Sonyasbug, and MntRose, Thank you for yesterdays advice, I mostly thought the coach was all wet with the water, no pun intended. It does seem to be that I am a slower loser all around. In the beginning I found that if I left out the restricteds the scale moved more. I do make sure to have the oil, being a vegetarian the fat intake is really low. Perhaps I will try adding a few more retricteds and ? an extra tsp of evoo a couple days?
Your fat intake shouldn't be affected by being a vegetarian. That is more b/c you're not used to adding it. Remember people on Atkins diet lose weight and they add lots of fat! Atkins worked for me once. It just wasn't controlled enough for me this time
Old 09-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I'm so thankful for all the help and knowledge here! Its obvious that some coaches just have no clue. You all are role models and are so inspiring with your successes!!!!

Off to work!
I asked my coach about the restricted foods this week. She said the program is designed to work with one restricted a day, but if you leave them out or reduce how many in a week, it does help with a quicker weight loss. I'm considering reducing the # of restricted I eat to see what happens.
You & I have about the same amount to lose...I really think that when you have about 20 - 30 pounds to lose, the program works a bit differently with your body & weight loss.
Off to the 14th day with my new kinders...hoping to get a lot accomplished with them today & still have fun
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #5  

Lisa I am not understanding you? I have little fat in my tofu, egg or veggie burgers, I do add the oil to my salad dressings. So are you saying that adding fat will not matter for me, since my body/diet is used to the little fat? Adding it will not help?

I'll check back tonight after work. Thank you!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #6  

Kkids The coach I saw yesterday said, "if the scale doesn't move next week or the tape measure doesn't change then we'll do a reboot for a week". I asked what she meant and she said very low carb, no restricteds at all. I do realize that we are closer to the goal and might be slower to get there, and everyone is different. It just gets frustrating when there is no progress one way or the other.

off to work.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday Everyone! Keep OP for the weekend! The weekends have been my nemesis in the past - but so far I've been able to stay 100% OP since I started. Making sure I stay busy, and this forum, has helped!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Morning, Everybody!

Day 3 of my little shake up. I am liking having my big meal for lunch and my "lunch" for dinner. I feel like I have more energy in the evenings.

I am also proud -- and astonished -- to report that I drank a full gallon of water yesterday. I really didn't think it could be done, but you water-drinkers around here showed me different. Thanks for always teaching and inspiring.

Now, let's all make it a great, losing day!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

I was really flagging yesterday. Around 5:00 I realized I had only eaten about 150 calories for the day and had missed my protein at lunch. No wonder I was lethargic! I will do better today.

I had IP vanilla pudding with a little WF chocolate syrup on top and then topped with crumbled cookies and cream bar. Divine! Since I had missed my lunch protein, I just ate the whole thing. But you could eat half for one meal and half for your snack at different times of the day.

Last edited by 2much2do; 09-06-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

sonolady- I don't post much anymore but just wanted to let you know your losses will definitely be slower. Are you tracking your food to see how many calories you are eating per day?

For a woman your height, your BMR is probably about 1300 calories. On IP you are probably eating between 800-900 calories a day, so your deficit is between 400-500 a day. Over a week that's about 1 lb. Because we don't know your actual BMR and weight loss isn't linear, the losses could be more or less.

Your doing great, don't let your coaches expectations of 2-3 lbs per week disourage you. 1 lb over 2 weeks is totally normal when you are in that normal BMI range.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #11  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. I am so sleepy today after having a late night discussion with my boyfriend about some stuff that was buggin' me. Yeah, not the best night but he and I got through things. I am just overwhelmed with work and studying for my certification examination, doing the diet (successfully) and feeling like it sometimes never stops. That being said, i am healthy and grateful for him and so I shouldn't complain.

Anyhow! Happy Friday! I am hoping to cut out of work at 3:30 p.m. today as I have been at work late each day due to emergencies which, when you are in family law, are never very fun. We shall see.

Onwards and upwards all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Morning, Everybody!

Day 3 of my little shake up. I am liking having my big meal for lunch and my "lunch" for dinner. I feel like I have more energy in the evenings.

I am also proud -- and astonished -- to report that I drank a full gallon of water yesterday. I really didn't think it could be done, but you water-drinkers around here showed me different. Thanks for always teaching and inspiring.

Now, let's all make it a great, losing day!
Congrats! The first few days of IP I waited to have my big meal in the evening and, quite frankly, I was bolting from work and into a cab because I was b*tched out and hungry and that is a really bad combination for me. I had the shakes, etc. It simply wasn't enough to sustain me during the day, the thinking, stress, etc. During the week my protein meal is always during the day and, alternatively, on weekends, I have it generally in the evening with my guys. Works out for me. And glad to hear about the water. How was your night? Were you able to sleep through the night?
Old 09-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I would appreciate suggestions. Leaving Sunday morning early to go to Houston, coming back early Monday morning. Six hour drive, we normally stop at Waffle House to eat, CAN'T do that. Thought maybe I could get something at Cracker Barrel. And we can find something to eat at a restaurant in Houston. I feel like all I think about is food, trying to plan functions around what I can and cannot eat. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #13  

Quote:
Lisa I am not understanding you? I have little fat in my tofu, egg or veggie burgers, I do add the oil to my salad dressings. So are you saying that adding fat will not matter for me, since my body/diet is used to the little fat? Adding it will not help?
What I meant was that a vegestaruan diet is not inherently low fat.
If you are making it extremel low fat then by all means, ake sure all of your fat is being ADDED to your food (not just cooking with it). Idea: Have an omelet made with WHOLE eggs, not egg whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I would appreciate suggestions. Leaving Sunday morning early to go to Houston, coming back early Monday morning. Six hour drive, we normally stop at Waffle House to eat, CAN'T do that. Thought maybe I could get something at Cracker Barrel. And we can find something to eat at a restaurant in Houston. I feel like all I think about is food, trying to plan functions around what I can and cannot eat. Have a great weekend.
Cracker Barrel worked for me on the road.
You just have to go in with resolve not to order anything carb heavy.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #14  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Hi rhondamarie!! How about you have your standard IP breakfast, then water, water, water. Then when you stop for lunch have like an 8oz burger (no bun/no cheese) and salad with a side of veggies and and iced tea?? That seems doable, no? Then when you get where you're going have your snack. Then for dinner if you go out again just have a big salad and you're other IP food with it. You can do it!!!!

Last edited by AliExpat; 09-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #15  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Also a newbie to this site.... Do you have to enroll in the IP program at a location near you, or can you buy the packets or comparable protein enhanced foods online and do it yourself?
Closed Thread