Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
Personally, I would either move the ring to a different finger or wear it on a chain around my neck until I was maintaining. Not only does re-sizing a ring more than once make it fragile, it can also cost a nice chunk of money.
Food for thought. I never thought about the cost. Mine weren't cheap.
Would it be cheaper to get my diamond set into a new setting? I have a plain single pear shape, nothing fancy.

My wedding ring was already designed for me once. It's 1/2 platinum, 1/2 yello gold because my e-ring is set in gold.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

I just had mine resized. We spent a pretty penny getting custom rings made so the same jewelers resized it for free and to the average viewer they wouldn't notice that it is not even for where they took a part out.

I was super nervous but I had been thinking about it for a long while so when it did finally fall off while doing something I decided it was best to resize it. It is a smidge big but not falling off as I was fearful of gaining back too. One more motivator for not gaining it back?
thinnerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #18  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Many stores will resize the rings if you bought them at that store.
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote