Old 10-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #16  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by masenki View Post
This is my kinda of recipe.
I splurged and got a coffee latte machine. You put milk (I put Vanilla IP) in the carafe, add nutmeg/ cinnamon, the put coffee and water in top section. So it whisks milk in the carafe while coffee dripping into the carafe from the top. You end up have a huge cup of whisked latte according to your taste.
I also compared the nutrition info of org skim milk and org almond milk. Almond milk beats cow hands down on calories and, most importantly, carbs. so now I use 2 teaspoons of org almond milk.
Almond milk is a GREAT TIP! I will have to try that -- is it hard to find unsweetened.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-21-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:56 PM   #17  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Almond milk is a GREAT TIP! I will have to try that! Is that hard to find unsweetened.
Unsweetened is right next to the sweetened at Walmart.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
I splurged and got a coffee latte machine. You put milk (I put Vanilla IP) in the carafe, add nutmeg/ cinnamon, the put coffee and water in top section. So it whisks milk in the carafe while coffee dripping into the carafe from the top. You end up have a huge cup of whisked latte according to your taste.
I also compared the nutrition info of org skim milk and org almond milk. Almond milk beats cow hands down on calories and, most importantly, carbs. so now I use 2 teaspoons of org almond milk.
AND it also has almost 2X the calcium of the same volume of regular milk! I was using the unsweetened Almond breeze 30/cal for a comparable serving (!) of regular milk when I was on hiatus from IP per Drs. orders last month. And 1 of our supermarkets, and our local organic health food store sells in small 8 oz vacuum packed containers that are unrefrigerated until after they are opened.

Last edited by 65X65; 10-20-2013 at 02:22 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #19  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I too love my coffee and would drink way too much. When I started IP in January I cut out all caffeine and even now in maintenance I only drink decaf with a little Walden Farms maple syrup,as sweetener and a splash of unsweetened Almond milk. Love it and don't miss the caffeine at all.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #20  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Avalon...who makes the Saigon Cinnamon? We usually use McCormick's spices because they are certified GF...(Most spices have anti-caking agents added to them which prevents clumping...but often it is a non-specified, undeclared (because it changes batch to batch depending on what the generic product of the moment is available) food starch.
Here is my favorite source for Saigon Cinnamon ... MMM MMM GOOD ... Best I have found by far!

http://www.julietmae.com/holiday-coo...igon-cinnamon/

The Large 4 oz foil pouch is the best deal

This product is mentioned by name in the book "The 4 Hour Body" by Tim Ferriss as the most effective cinnamon that he found in dropping blood sugar levels. And we all know how IP pushes lowering blood sugar and insulin as a key component. It has one of the highest essential oil contents of any cinnamon on the market.

Reading the foil packet in front of me, this is what it says: "Hand Made. No Bad Stuff. Ingredients: Imported Vietnamese Cinnamon". The brand name is Juliet Mae, one of the best spice makers and distributers I've found.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-21-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #21  

Quote:
Here is my favorite source for Saigon Cinnamon ... MMM MMM GOOD ... Best I have found by far!

This product is mentioned by name in the book "The 4 Hour Body" by Tim Ferriss as the most effective cinnamon that he found in dropping blood sugar levels. And we all know how IP pushes lowering blood sugar and insulin as a key component. It has one of the highest essential oil contents of any cinnamon on the market.

Reading the foil packet in front of me, this is what it says: "Hand Made. No Bad Stuff. Ingredients: Imported Vietnamese Cinnamon". The brand name is Juliet Mae, one of the best spice makers and distributers I've found.
Avalon Thx...Do remember something reading about insulin and cinnamon somewhere else too. That sounds so yummmy! Esp since it is so chilly the last few days! I figured you had a line on something a little off the beaten path!
Want warm spicy drinks now and my Cabellas fur lined slippers!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Avalon - anything else you are getting from that site? Hate to pay s/h for just one item. Getting the saigon cinnamon most definitely.
masenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I too love my coffee and would drink way too much. When I started IP in January I cut out all caffeine and even now in maintenance I only drink decaf with a little Walden Farms maple syrup,as sweetener and a splash of unsweetened Almond milk. Love it and don't miss the caffeine at all.
it has been my understanding that coffee actually good for you. And for the weight loss as well. Are you getting those daily videos from your coaches/ company you are assigned to?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 AM   #24  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Avalon - anything else you are getting from that site? Hate to pay s/h for just one item. Getting the saigon cinnamon most definitely.
I just ordered the Juliet Mae Olive Oil ... it sounds really great and I just read an article about how bad many of the Olive Oils are in the grocery store are. The Juliet Mae Olive Oil sounds really fresh and pure.

http://www.julietmae.com/holiday-coo...gin-olive-oil/

On your order and shipping cost percentage, the Cinnamon is so good I usually order 3 large pouches ($12 x 3), which lasts me a good few months since I love that spice and use it every day. But I realize you might just want to try it first before committing to a larger order.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-21-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #25  

Quote:
I just ordered the Juliet Mae Olive Oil ... it sounds really great and I just read an article about how bad many of the Olive Oils are in the grocery store are. The Juliet Mae Olive Oil sounds really fresh and pure.

http://www.julietmae.com/holiday-coo...gin-olive-oil/

On your order and shipping cost percentage, the Cinnamon is so good I usually order 3 large pouches ($12 x 3), which lasts me a good few months since I love that spice and use it every day. But I realize you might just want to try it first before committing to a larger order.
Thanks for the tip on ordering. I looked at the web site and see I need an hour or more to see what else they have!! Starting to plan a few things I can get in the routine of making quickly and no fuss, but tasty once on P3, and maintenance and I believe a new variety of cinnamon and some other new things along that vein may help me stay on track and away form temptation once there is more choice. Used to make a Greek mousaka that used cinnamon in seasoning the meat...have you tried this in savory dishes? I want to see if I can come up with something that is tasty but maybe eliminates the fat/cheese... Also think there is Mexican cuisine that use that spice as well.
Thx again for posting the site!
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #26  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I gave up diet coke when I started IP. I was never a coffee drinker, but there is only so much water a girl can drink. Ended up buying a keurig and LOVE IT! I'm happy with Newman's Decaf, a packet of raw stevia and a splash of Torani SF Salted Caramel & Premier vanilla shake. It's good hot or over ice. Going to have to give some of the fall flavors a try since our temps have been dropping. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #27  

Quote:
Was out doing errands and got medium decaf with decaf espresso shot...and as I passed the natural food store in the middle of our town...ducked in and checked to see what spices they had in bulk that I could get. OOOOHHH! They actually had Saigon cinnamon, and a cayenne pepper 30,000HU (whatever that is?)...so I got a few tbs of both of them as well as some other fall spices...and put about a full Tsp of the Saigon cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of the cayenne in my hot coffee...Mind you...No sweetener, chocolate or splash of any thing resembling milk or cream. Was definitely on the fly winging it!

OMG...soooo good! Can't wait to "Do it right!" My lips were tingling and my ears burning .....but just a little! The warm flavor and the aroma were spectacular!!

Last edited by 65X65; 10-21-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #28  

now you literally made me go and brew some of that magical java. i dont have a saigon cinnamon yet though, so i use regular cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 tbsp of almond milk.