Old 10-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Regular foods to substitute

Anyone figure out regular foods that can substitute some meals. I would rahter do eg. egg white omelet with spinach for one of my meals, since want to avoid as much artificial stuff as I can. I am about to get restarted on IP (lost 45 lb, had a baby, gained a lot and now finally getting ready to get back on track).

Thoughts that I have that can be a meal that compared to a protein pack
1) egg white omelet +/- one yolk with spinach and ohter veggies to fill my veggie requirement
2) One of those starkist creations (some have only one carb)

What are other concoctions from the real world that work? (that way I can go out without having 10 people asking me what i am eating and why...)
Perpetualdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

I'm not really sure about the substitution part, it's something I'm curious about as well. I know what you mean I had the same questions at work. I usually sauté spinach or some veggie and add it to the fine herb and cheese omelette, or my new favorite is to sauté celery and add it to the chicken soup. Someone is always asking, "what's that?" I used to feel really uncomfortable ( don't know why) but now I just tell them what it is and that I'm on a protein diet.
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #3  

Omelet packet equivalent is THREE egg whites + one whole egg

There might be dome vegetarian substitutions.
Other than that, you'd really be looking at a different diet such as Sout Beach, Protein Power, or Atkins because IP is based on the substitutions
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote