Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #121  
restart IP 10/17/13

S/C/G: 233/218/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by airportchick11 View Post
I know what you mean!! Giving up Diet Coke was the HARDEST thing by far. I just made the decision and I try not to romanticize it! It's still a struggle but so far I haven't even had a sip! It won't kill me to give it up, but it may if I don't stop what I've been doing all these years. I just think of my poor stomach lining screaming STOP! lol
That's great! I know it is so bad for me... I will have to think about what it is doing to my stomach lining too! I probably had 5 or 6 cans on a regular day. So yesterday I had 3. Today I've already had 2 and hoping I can last the rest of the day without another. I can't tell you how many times during the day I think about it... I feel like back in the day when I needed a cigarette!
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 349/269/180

Height: 5'10"

Default Room for one more?

I'm hoping there's room for one more! This is my 2nd day of IP. I went in for the appointment on Wed and started on Thursday(18th). Things seem to be going ok so far. I feel like I spend half my day running to the potty though!. I tried the vegetarian bean chili today. It was okay. I think next time I'll saute some mushrooms and throw those in.

I do have one question. Is anyone else using something to 'flavor' their water? My rep said I could use something as long as it used Splenda or truvia. I'm just afraid it will slow my weightloss down...but it does really help get all that water in.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

If you check the labels some Mio and Crystal light liquids are made with splenda. I use them a few times a week, and then add lime to my plain water.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is weigh in day for me. Feeling rested and positive. As I am losing weight, I have to be careful not to focus on how many pounds I still want to giveaway. Trying to keep a positive mantra of "every pound gone is a blessing" but I struggle with being critical of how my body looks. It may be that I am actually looking at it for the first time in a very long time. Anyone else feeling this?
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #125  

S/C/G: SW 245.6/CW 203/GW 170

Ok, so I started today so I guess I fall in this category.

So far, it's going ok, except for the fact that I'm SUPER hungry and feel a headache coming on. I just got thru eating lunch (2 cups of veggies with unlimited lettuce, and a chocolate shake), and it's still not really satisfying. I'm trying to stick to this and not cheat, which I don't think will be a problem, but my question is, what happens when I get really, REALLY hungry? What can I have that isn't restricted?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #126  

Welcome Scottysgirl! When I am really hungry, I have a cup of decafe tea. I am pretty sure unlimited is only lettuce. My coach suggested that I have 2 oz. of protein at lunch with my veggies then 6 oz. at dinner. The hunger has lessened for me as time passed.

Welcome Givingitaway!

2nd Weigh in today for me. Worked away 6.6 pounds and 15 inches. Total so far 13.5. Really excited that my clinic will now let me weigh in every two weeks, because it will extend my coaching sessions(which cost $$)

On another note, I really liked the new unrestricted crisps. Will def. order more.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone welcome to the new members!

The hunger, nausea, and headaches will get better after a few days. It typically takes the liver about 3 days to use up its glycogen reserves. Until then you will still have the highs and lows associated with sugar.

So last night I was really hungry so I had an extra unrestricted. This morning I had lost a pound! I think sometimes I need to feed my metabolism to seek movement. I will ask my coach about adding in an extra packet on the rare days that I still feel hungry after all my meals.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Hi all!
My name is Kelsey and I am 23. I started on October 3rd and have been trolling these forums for a while decided to join in on the fun! I am down 12 lbs so far and have my third weigh in Wednesday. I have not really had much complaints about IP yet. I have to say the no drinking is what has been the toughest which is pretty sad haha, but what can I say my friends like to drink and Ive been known to have a couple on the weekends. The way I look at it, though, my friends just got themselves a free DD for a couple months!
Old 10-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #129  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
Hi everyone welcome to the new members!

The hunger, nausea, and headaches will get better after a few days. It typically takes the liver about 3 days to use up its glycogen reserves. Until then you will still have the highs and lows associated with sugar.

So last night I was really hungry so I had an extra unrestricted. This morning I had lost a pound! I think sometimes I need to feed my metabolism to seek movement. I will ask my coach about adding in an extra packet on the rare days that I still feel hungry after all my meals.
I think that's a great idea! I may do the same. I have occasional days where I can't seem to quit feeling hungry, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
Hi all!
My name is Kelsey and I am 23. I started on October 3rd and have been trolling these forums for a while decided to join in on the fun! I am down 12 lbs so far and have my third weigh in Wednesday. I have not really had much complaints about IP yet. I have to say the no drinking is what has been the toughest which is pretty sad haha, but what can I say my friends like to drink and Ive been known to have a couple on the weekends. The way I look at it, though, my friends just got themselves a free DD for a couple months!
Welcome, Kelsey! Just think how popular you'll be with all your friends since you can chauffeur them around every weekend!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #130  
restart IP 10/17/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givingitaway View Post
I'm hoping there's room for one more! This is my 2nd day of IP. I went in for the appointment on Wed and started on Thursday(18th). Things seem to be going ok so far. I feel like I spend half my day running to the potty though!. I tried the vegetarian bean chili today. It was okay. I think next time I'll saute some mushrooms and throw those in.

I do have one question. Is anyone else using something to 'flavor' their water? My rep said I could use something as long as it used Splenda or truvia. I'm just afraid it will slow my weightloss down...but it does really help get all that water in.
I started on Thursday too!

Today is day 3 for me and I'm surprised I'm not feeling nearly as bad as I did the first time I did IP. Had a successful dinner tonight with my family. I was able to order Tuna and asked them to substitute the potatoes with steamed spinach instead. I had sparkling water with Lime instead of the wine!

So happy to make it past day 3 because last time after the 3 day mark it got much easier!
Old 10-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #131  
restart IP 10/17/13

Slipfree- Awesome weigh in! Congrats!

Kelsey- I'm sure the no drinking will be a challenge... but, you definitely have the right attitude about it. and it's not forever!
I have two kids and I went 9 months with each of them without drinking. I'm thinking I can do it again!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #132  

Default Carb counts...

Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome to all the other newbies! So, I've been reading through some of threads and I have some questions regarding the IP products.

When I joined I wasn't given a nutritional info sheet on the products that some people posted about receiving. Is this something I should have received? I have just been trying my sample products and other than following the 1 restricted items a day rule, I haven't been worrying about choosing items lower in carbs because I don't know those counts. I found a nutritional sheet posted on this site but I think it's old because it doesn't have all the products on it. Anyone have or know where I can get, a newer one?

My plan was to do a choc shake every morning but I read on here that the choc shake has a pretty high carb count.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givingitaway View Post
Thanks for the warm welcomes and welcome to all the other newbies! So, I've been reading through some of threads and I have some questions regarding the IP products.

When I joined I wasn't given a nutritional info sheet on the products that some people posted about receiving. Is this something I should have received? I have just been trying my sample products and other than following the 1 restricted items a day rule, I haven't been worrying about choosing items lower in carbs because I don't know those counts. I found a nutritional sheet posted on this site but I think it's old because it doesn't have all the products on it. Anyone have or know where I can get, a newer one?

My plan was to do a choc shake every morning but I read on here that the choc shake has a pretty high carb count.
My coach told me to have two unrestricted packets and one restricted packets a day. And 8 ounces of lean protein at night as well as 4 cups of veggies split between lunch and dinner. When you say chocolate shake are you referring to the ready to drink chocolate drink? That's an unrestricted item and is actually quite low on carbs with only 4 grams. Best of luck to you
Old 10-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
My coach told me to have two unrestricted packets and one restricted packets a day. And 8 ounces of lean protein at night as well as 4 cups of veggies split between lunch and dinner. When you say chocolate shake are you referring to the ready to drink chocolate drink? That's an unrestricted item and is actually quite low on carbs with only 4 grams. Best of luck to you
Wantanewme, I am doing the same as far as 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted, veggies, and protein dinner. When I asked for a 'shake' to use for breakfasts they gave me a box of choc drink mix, which I think has 8 or 9 carbs. Its not a horrible amount but I feel I can def choose something with a lower count. I've been googling the nutritional data so I can make better decisions. I feel like I was just given a bag of food and told to eat it! Lol.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #135  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfskinnyme View Post
Slipfree- Awesome weigh in! Congrats!

Kelsey- I'm sure the no drinking will be a challenge... but, you definitely have the right attitude about it. and it's not forever!
I have two kids and I went 9 months with each of them without drinking. I'm thinking I can do it again!
Thank you Mpfskinnyme, I really appreciate the support.

Kelsey, I miss the social ritual of wine with my friends too. It is an adjustment. My birthday is coming up and we are all going out to dinner. It will be a struggle-but I have a plan and I will prevail!

Has anyone had the chocolate pancake? For restricted product, I am not a fan. Although, it was bread like in texture.
Closed Thread