Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #16  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I guess I haven't had too much of a hard time with restarts because I have a 5 pound limit - if I gained 5 pounds I'd do 2-3 weeks of IP. 5 pounds is sooo easy to gain, so I found myself doing 4-5 tweaks over a 12 month period. Knowing it was only going to be a few weeks helped though because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also really determined NOT to get kicked out of ketosis, that is a huge motivator for me - once I see that dark burgundy on my Ketostick it really motivates me. Thankfully I'm one of the few that seems to show ketosis, even my Coach doesn't.

However this time I gained 10 so I know it's gonna take me a while to get that off. As my name suggests, I am slow to lose! I have my first weigh in for my first week in 45 minutes though, hope it goes well.

Just think of what happens when your body goes into ketosis and what it takes to get back there. That really is a big motivator for me.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #17  
SBDubs

S/C/G: 198.4/179.6/165

Height: 5'11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I guess I haven't had too much of a hard time with restarts because I have a 5 pound limit - if I gained 5 pounds I'd do 2-3 weeks of IP. 5 pounds is sooo easy to gain, so I found myself doing 4-5 tweaks over a 12 month period. Knowing it was only going to be a few weeks helped though because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm also really determined NOT to get kicked out of ketosis, that is a huge motivator for me - once I see that dark burgundy on my Ketostick it really motivates me. Thankfully I'm one of the few that seems to show ketosis, even my Coach doesn't.

However this time I gained 10 so I know it's gonna take me a while to get that off. As my name suggests, I am slow to lose! I have my first weigh in for my first week in 45 minutes though, hope it goes well.

Just think of what happens when your body goes into ketosis and what it takes to get back there. That really is a big motivator for me.
I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

I mentioned in another thread that I has restarting. I didn't go into detail, but I have actually gained back all the weight I lost. I have been so disappointed and kept making excuses for myself. I finally went all in last monday and after those first 4 days, it's been smooth sailing. I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated.

This time, I am not putting an end DATE, but rather an end WEIGHT. I definitely adjusted my goal last time because I lost the motivation and told myself I could do it on my own. Well, now I know for sure that I can't, and it's time to get real.
staceyjblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Typically the pain of being fat, having health problems, looking bad, feeling bad, etc ... has to overcome the good feelings of eating bad/unhealthy food or simply eating too many calories for your BMR. Food is an escape and sometimes a "soother" and sometimes addictive. For some it takes a crisis (health or emotional) to get them on the track of losing weight and getting healthier. You have to find some way to really want it; otherwise it's simply "more fun" to eat too much (even if that is only during little "cheating" periods that are justified by their short duration). It's a similar dynamic that keeps alcoholics from getting on the wagon, or drug addicts from kicking the habit.

I know that feeling well, as I have gone through periods myself when I just could not get going, and usually I needed something to push me over the edge to start dieting.

This is great advice!
chargergirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

I started Maintenance about a month ago. My coach warned me about the 3-5lb gain. I gained 4lbs

I weight myself every day and I journal what I eat.

My husband has tried to tempt me with so many goodies, but every time that I think of how much money I have spent for the IP packets, I stop from reaching out to eat junk.

Keep your end goal in mind. You can do this. Junk food will always be around, but not your health.
Iolani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #20  

Default Restarting

I too am restarting and find it extremely difficult. I had no problem the first time but this time I make it one or two days and then blow it. For some reason since I phased off the first time I crave sweets. It is driving me crazy I feel so defeated.
Mwood452011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I too am restarting today... and so far I have been doing good. I am sooooo hungry though. I phased off about 3 months ago and was doing good. I also weigh myself every day, and found when I cheat.. I stay off the scale. I do know my weakness is sweets.. so if I can make it thru... no I will make it thru... I am staying away from the sweets... its a trigger for me.. and then I dont stop. I cant just enjoy a small portion.. I just keep going..sigh
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I feel you. Never cheated once the first time around, lost 42 pounds, gained them back and keep restarting. grrrrr.

I don't post much, but read alot.

I CAN do this
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'2"

I am so glad I saw this thread today. I started back on IP today for what seems like the 100th time. The first time around I lost 90 pounds and was 100% on program even through Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's. I felt great, maybe a little too great and confident that I didn't think I needed maintenance. Gained all but 10 back. Over this past weekend, I was so disappointed and mad at myself that it ignited the determination and drive I had last time. If I can make it through the first week, I know it will be smooth sailing.

This time we will all get there and stay there! :-) Good luck to everyone!
KKJVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #24  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Restarting as well. Glad I came across this thread. I am going to need some support. Seem to do well for 1-3 days then "something" comes up and I end up cheated and think "well you ruined today might as well go out with a bang" instead of taking that one cheat as a step back and finish the day of OP. Anyway, Fresh new day today. And did pretty good. No hunger, or cravings today. Lets hope it continues tomorrow
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Great day today!!!! Couple of motivators.. 1) the scale hit 184.8 today and I refuse to go back to 185 or higher!!!! 2) I read the thread containing food ideas without using packets!!!! It made me remember some of the yummy food I ate first time around!!!!

I had a cabbage and mushroom stir fry today that was GREAT!!! A couple weeks ago I ordered. Alternatives from Nashua and a lot of them are great. I plan to order more tomorrow aside tried most of the samples. One great find was the Syntrax nectar unflavored!! I made a cup of CS Cinnamon Apple Spice Herbal tea and stirred in the protein powder that I had dissolved in a little cold water!!! No taste chane and that tea is GREAT!!!
Jbhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Restarting as well. Glad I came across this thread. I am going to need some support. Seem to do well for 1-3 days then "something" comes up and I end up cheated and think "well you ruined today might as well go out with a bang" instead of taking that one cheat as a step back and finish the day of OP. Anyway, Fresh new day today. And did pretty good. No hunger, or cravings today. Lets hope it continues tomorrow
thats exactly what i do!! ugh! I dont know why i cant get my mind set right.. first time i did it, i didnt cheat at all and felt fine the entire time! i didnt feel deprived or anything.. this time around.. its hellish lol
Strongisthenewskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #27  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyjblack View Post
I hope it goes well! Keep us updated!

I mentioned in another thread that I has restarting. I didn't go into detail, but I have actually gained back all the weight I lost. I have been so disappointed and kept making excuses for myself. I finally went all in last monday and after those first 4 days, it's been smooth sailing. I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated.

This time, I am not putting an end DATE, but rather an end WEIGHT. I definitely adjusted my goal last time because I lost the motivation and told myself I could do it on my own. Well, now I know for sure that I can't, and it's time to get real.
"I love how I feel in control of my body, hunger, cravings etc. It's enough to keep me motivated." --Ditto!!

I'm restarting again too after many failed attempts. Im curious about setting a weight goal. I have a goal in mind of 150 but, plan to stay OP until Feb 14th then phase off. If my weight loss repeats itsel I will reach ny weight goal by then. But, I'd like to hear more feedback on setting time lines vs. setting a number on the scales. It would be a good topic and might give me insights which might change my mind. I'm not really sure how much I want to weigh between 135-150, maybe I should make 135 a goal?

Last edited by sekc14; 10-22-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Change
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #28  

I also cannot get restarted. I like the suggestion of 4 or 5 ideal packets a day or extra lean meat.
janetbenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #29  

I am also restarting on day 2 and so far so good! I just have to stay focused lost 52 lbs the first go around with no cheats and it was easy. Just hope round two is easy but it looks like I'm in for a real challenge
BEEGEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #30  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongisthenewskinny
Quote:

Originally Posted by claustin

thats exactly what i do!! ugh! I dont know why i cant get my mind set right.. first time i did it, i didnt cheat at all and felt fine the entire time! i didnt feel deprived or anything.. this time around.. its hellish lol
I could have written either of these. Restarting is extremely difficult! I lost 50lbs last year in about three months, felt great and just sort of stopped following the program. I kept trying to restart without any success. I'd get a day or two tops. I finally felt like I was ready to do it and I managed to get through my first week without any cheating. I lost 8.4 lbs and now I know I will be able to keep with it. The key things that helped me stay OP? I allowed myself a hardboiled egg as a snack every day. This was advice that my coach gave me the first time around. I allow myself an extra packet if I need it, and I don't beat myself up about it. I usually just make it a lower fat/carb choice. I will continue to do this if I need to, just to keep myself on track. I would rather have an extra pudding OP than something less filling that's off plan that could derail me completely and/or cause cravings. I think one of the most important things is to forgive yourself. Don't make excuses, don't beat yourself up. Understand what you can do for yourself to help you be successful while staying OP and do it, if I can get back on track, so can you!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote