Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations Ruth Ann and Avalon!! You guys have had huge loses over a short period of time, way to go!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #377  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ruth Ann and Avalon, congratulations on your losses! I have enjoyed and relied on your posts and support.

I started P3 this morning and I gotta tell you, I am FULL! I was really looking forward to such yummy food but I feel a little sick, and am really sleepy. I will phase off properly but am thinking I will go back to shakes for breakfast during maintenance.

I did register for myfitnesspal last night and love how easy it is to use for calculating my breakfasts.

I hope all have a good day!
I will add my congrats to Ruth Ann and Avalon! Ruth Ann you will be back to P1 faster than you know and finish your journey.

Dak, I had a terrible tummy ache my first P3 breakfast too. I had to try something different the second day and did better. That first one was tough though. I wasn't sure how I would make it 2 weeks, but after some tweaks I did better. This first week in maintenance I am doing a slightly pared down version of one of my P3 breakfasts and that seems to work.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

So impressed with all the losses here! I wanted to see what y'all did to spice up lunches? Mine are getting pretty blah. I've been eating lettuce with cukes and bell peppers lately. I'm not tempted to deviate BUT I'm bored with it! Any suggestions that are quick/easy? I'm in an office and can use a microwave. Some days I can get to a stove and do some prep.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #379  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I will add my congrats to Ruth Ann and Avalon! Ruth Ann you will be back to P1 faster than you know and finish your journey.

Dak, I had a terrible tummy ache my first P3 breakfast too. I had to try something different the second day and did better. That first one was tough though. I wasn't sure how I would make it 2 weeks, but after some tweaks I did better. This first week in maintenance I am doing a slightly pared down version of one of my P3 breakfasts and that seems to work.
Thank you CrystalWolf. I think I will try something different tomorrow. I have been thinking the exact same thing, "how will I do this for two weeks?" I just want to phase off properly after working so hard to lose my weight and stay OP. I don't want to deviate now. It encourages me that it will get better.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #380  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
So impressed with all the losses here! I wanted to see what y'all did to spice up lunches? Mine are getting pretty blah. I've been eating lettuce with cukes and bell peppers lately. I'm not tempted to deviate BUT I'm bored with it! Any suggestions that are quick/easy? I'm in an office and can use a microwave. Some days I can get to a stove and do some prep.
I took an IP soup with pureed veggies M-F to work for probably 5 months.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Lisa. I'm so stuck on when I have my IP packets I don't think about adding them into my lunch! I'll have to give it a try!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This is such a great place.

DAK1LLS: I also felt very sleepy the first days of phase 3 - I think its adding the carbs and the blood sugar change that we aren't used to anymore after so long on IP. What did you have for breakfast? I know when I added wheat back I got hot flashes. I tend to go heavy on the protein w/ breakfast and have 3 egg whites each morning as part of my phase 3 breakfast. It seemed to help with the sleepy feeling, or my body adjusted after a few days. it is something else to eat. The breakfasts are so much food!!

RuthAnn: sending you healing thoughts - do what you need to to take care of your health first. IP will still be here when you are all better. You have proven that you can do this and you will when you get the OK from the DR

I love reading about everyone's success and seeing people starting phase 3, and reaching their goals.

For the body image and clothing issue - I think its universal among people who lose a lot of weight. I have no idea what to wear and while I'm thrilled that things fit in a regular store - I feel afraid to buy them because I feel like just because they fit doesn't mean I should wear them and I cannot judge how I look at all. I am constantly asking my family: are you sure I can wear this? I don't look silly? I think part of it is we are not used to wearing clothes that fit because we spent so much time trying to hide under big shapeless things. I was used to buying 5 of the exact same thing in different colors when I was a size 24/26 just because it fit. Shopping is now overwhelming simply because there are so many choices of clothes in my size that will fit on my body and I am unable to decide in the dressing room if something looks good and I like it.

I asked my son the other day who he was fishing with in the picture -- he looked at me like I had 6 heads and said: that's YOU mom - I took the picture of you it was the first fish you caught. HUH? my mind does not see me like that and immediately I found myself thinking that camera must make me look thin - used to see pictures and think wow that camera makes me look fat - its the SAME camera so clearly the problem is with my perception.

Enough rambling: my point is:if you are struggling with this realize most of us are. It will get better eventually when our minds catch up.

Keep up the good work everyone - Its hard work even when it feels like it isn't. I know how hard you all work to stay on plan and I'm here to remind you: It really is worth the effort.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #383  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I don't usually post my weekly weigh ins because I'm a slow-ish loser and feel like I don't have much to brag about. However. HOWEVER!!!! Today I was down 3.6 pounds and there were only 6 days between weigh ins. That's the best I've done since week one when I lost 4 pounds. Pretty bizarre that I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners on the weekend. That's what 100% does for me. Plus, I think turkey is a magical meat. Plus, the fill-in coach at my clinic might just be my good luck charm. I'm feeling pretty freaking marvelous! (plus I broke 160)
Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #384  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmom97 View Post
That is so amazing! Congrats on your successes. I am hoping to be "boring" too in the not too distant future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Yay for you RuthAnn...! Hope you are soon on the mend too...you have so much to be proud of and we all know you'll jump back in and finish the job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
You are to be congratulated - 70 pounds is such an awesome accomplishment and one to which I look forward - I am sure that when I hit that mark, the noise will be heard across the continent (that will also be my ticket to Onderland).

Our fingers are crossed for your surgery and quick recovery. I hope that nothing involved with it all interferes with your successful weight loss. Keep us advised?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ruth Ann and Avalon, congratulations on your losses! I have enjoyed and relied on your posts and support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Congratulations Ruth Ann and Avalon!! You guys have had huge loses over a short period of time, way to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
RuthAnn: sending you healing thoughts - do what you need to to take care of your health first. IP will still be here when you are all better. You have proven that you can do this and you will when you get the OK from the DR
Thank you all for the good words and good wishes! Surgery is scheduled for early Monday am and I have every confidence I will sail through with flying colors. The doc gave the ok for me to stay on P1 with some limitations on the veggies I can have but my fantastic coach and I came up with a workable plan. Hooray!

You guys are so inspiring and supportive, I just love this thread and everyone on it. I think I would have just given up the last few weeks without you, so thank you so much!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #385  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
I don't usually post my weekly weigh ins because I'm a slow-ish loser and feel like I don't have much to brag about. However. HOWEVER!!!! Today I was down 3.6 pounds and there were only 6 days between weigh ins. That's the best I've done since week one when I lost 4 pounds. Pretty bizarre that I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners on the weekend. That's what 100% does for me. Plus, I think turkey is a magical meat. Plus, the fill-in coach at my clinic might just be my good luck charm. I'm feeling pretty freaking marvelous! (plus I broke 160)
Congrats WillowVee! That is outstanding!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #386  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Congrats WillowVee! That is outstanding!
Thank you so much! You're very sweet and supportive. I wish you all the best with your surgery and I admire your stick-to-it-iveness throughout.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #387  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

I've been on the Ideal Protein diet for several weeks and absolutely love it. My coach told me that she is changing the packets over to Perfect Protein because there are more selections available. Has anyone ever heard of this brand?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
I've been on the Ideal Protein diet for several weeks and absolutely love it. My coach told me that she is changing the packets over to Perfect Protein because there are more selections available. Has anyone ever heard of this brand?
There are many off-brands. Some are duplicates(rebranded) of what is sold at Nashua Nutrition. Be sure you don't end up overcharged!

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-17-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #389  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Ruth Ann - thinking of you and happy for your progress so far! Keep us posted and try to relax as much as you can pre-surgery. Don't over do it. Glad to hear that your Doc gave the thumbs up to stay on P1. That will help with your recovery.

Dak - interesting to hear about your experience as you Phase. Do keep us informed and good luck playing around with different foods and amounts. You'll figure out a balance soon enough.

Willow - Yay for you! Congrats on the loss. I wonder if you can keep the fill-in coach/your lucky charm. But know that it was ALL you so, you got this!

Avalon - Another shout out of congrats; love hearing about your progress and all of the science behind it all. Thanks for sharing and telling it like it is.

CrystalWolf - you rock!

Ems - you're doing great; congrats on your success so far. I like Lisa's idea about adding pureed veggies in soup.

Lisa & 65x65 - Always adore and value what you share; Merci Beaucoup!

Everyone else on this awesome forum, thank you for the thoughts and shares from the bottom of my heart.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #390  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Good morning!

Thanks KareVT - I'm trying not to overdo but there's SO much to get done - things to get rescheduled, little projects that need to be finished up, etc., etc. Oh well it will all get done (or not).

Lisa, I just saw on yesterday's daily that you are in the lottery for WS game - lucky you! My poor team has done terribly the last few years but if they ever get into the playoffs again I want to go.

Dak, I was perusing the P3 breakfast thread the other day and I thought "that's a lot of food." I'm interested to hear how you do with them.

I read this the other day and copied it, just because it seems so true "Don’t give up what you want most for what you want at this moment." I think a lot of people have posted a variation of it at various times, but it just hit me as something to keep in my head.
Closed Thread