Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I made some last night as well. I use my food processor to crumble the cauli and it is a whiz. Not sure if that was the messy part for you? I also just lined a colander with paper towels and dumped the cauli in there after microwaving, and pressed on top with more paper towels, instead of wringing out the moisture in a towel. Then I mixed with the eggs and spread out on my parchment and baked. I actually commented to DH how easy they were to make. Hope those tips help.
I don't have a food processor which was my problem
Old 09-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default work out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I have been exercising since week 2 on IP and I don't think it's hurt my losses. I add an extra packet (Quest bar) - I eat half before and half after workouts. My stats are below...no way to know if I would lose more without working out, but I'm happy with my losses and glad I'm getting cardio in too.

Me ditto!

How long are your workouts? Mine are limited to 40-45/min a day. I sheepishly admit...some days it is fun to try to challenge myself and it is HARD to stop at 40 min!
Today I went 42 min on the bike....and was almost 6.5 miles. my goal is to do 10 miles...in however long that takes...but not doing it just yet because my coach emphatically reinforced the time I should allocate. Then it's important to stop!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, I had WI today, down another .6 lbs and 1.5", and that was with TOM making a dramatic showing on Tuesday. I will take those numbers

I start phase 3 tomorrow, having mixed feelings about it; excited to be that much closer to being on maintenance and worried about maintenance itself.

Has anyone used the meal replacement shakes on phase 3? I can't do the big breakfasts on the work days, so will be doing those mon-fir, and wondered if they were any good.

Congrats to all the losses and NSV for everyone today

I encourage everyone to stick to this program 100% - it works!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #64  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Me ditto!

How long are your workouts? Mine are limited to 40-45/min a day. I sheepishly admit...some days it is fun to try to challenge myself and it is HARD to stop at 40 min!
Today I went 42 min on the bike....and was almost 6.5 miles. my goal is to do 10 miles...in however long that takes...but not doing it just yet because my coach emphatically reinforced the time I should allocate. Then it's important to stop!
I do 45min to 1 hr of cardio. Usually 30 min elliptical, 10 min stair stepper (that thing is intense) and the rest either on a bike or treadmill. I just listen to my body and stop when it feels right. I ran on the treadmill for 5 minutes without stopping...that was a breakthrough. Even at my top weight I was going to the gym, but have never in my life been able to run longer than 2 or 3 minutes. Goal is to run a 5k in March - fingers crossed!

My doctor (not my coach) who is very familiar with IP (used to sell it at his previous clinic) encouraged me to keep up the exercise and didn't put a limit on it. Even if my losses slow, I know that exercise is good for my overall health. Planning to incorporate some weight lifting classes (body pump) in November. Gotta do something about this flabby skin.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #65  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

All of this talk of exercise.... I ran (ok, basically walked most of it) a 5K last October, before I joined IP, and I was planning on running (actually at least jogging) the same 5K this year, but I wasn's sure how that would work being on IP.... I was planning on trying to beat my Very slow time of 56 minutes last year, and so I think if I've read up enough on here, as long as I add an extra packet to account for the added exercise, I should be good....
Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #66  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
All of this talk of exercise.... I ran (ok, basically walked most of it) a 5K last October, before I joined IP, and I was planning on running (actually at least jogging) the same 5K this year, but I wasn's sure how that would work being on IP.... I was planning on trying to beat my Very slow time of 56 minutes last year, and so I think if I've read up enough on here, as long as I add an extra packet to account for the added exercise, I should be good....
I would suggest listening to you body and letting it tell you if you think you can do it. For me, I know my body wasn't gonna let me do any exercise the first two weeks. After that, it hasn't been a problem. Since you are taking in less calories this year, I wouldn't focus so much on trying to beat your time...but if you feel good about it, I think you should definitely do it...and yes, add another packet (or quest bar that you got on sale from GNC )

Good luck!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post

Im not sure how running works with heart rate...I think key to moderate intensity...is moderation...can you do that? Not stressing your heart is what it's all about...which is why walking seems to be OK. Running certainly kicks it up a notch...John (who reads this board and comments when he sees important issues related to nutrition, metabolism and exercise..) if he sees this, may have more valid opinion and comments.

I'd definitely think you need to talk to a peronal trainer...who understands the ramifications of IP and stress on the heart.

LOL...running would definitely push me to that level!!

Last edited by 65X65; 09-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #68  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
That is phenomenal progress. Congratulations - that represents a lot of hard 100% OP work!
Thank you! I'm scared to say it, but it's been surprisingly easy so far.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #69  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Vitamins are best absorbed at the recommended intervals & combinations.
I take morning, mid-day, evening.
I keep the mid day ones in my pocket so I don't forget
Yup - my clinic said that if you take in too much of a particular vitamin at one time you are just wasting money because you will pee it out.

I have to take the morning vitamins at lunch (due to thryroid meds in the morning). I have a weekly pill case. Each week after my WI, I sort out my lunchtime vitamins for the week and I carry them in my purse so I don't have to remember to grab them each morning.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #70  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Im not sure how running works with heart rate...I think key to moderate intensity...is moderation...can you do that? Not stressing your heart is what it's all about...which is why walking seems to be OK. Running certainly kicks it up a notch...John (who reads this board and comments when he sees important issues related to nutrition, metabolism and exercise..) if he sees this, may have more valid opinion and comments.

I'd definitely think you need to talk to a peronal trainer...who understands the ramifications of IP and stress on the heart.

LOL...running would definitely push me to that level!!
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely look more into it before I decide what to do...
Maybe I will do the 2 mile walk instead...
And yeah, running kills me... I dont think what I do is even considered running, but rather a lame jog... lol
Old 09-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #71  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I now have a tool called a Fit Bit. It measures the number of steps I take a day.

I am working on meeting the World Health Organisation's recommendation for good health: walk 10,000 steps a day.

It is amazing both that I can now do this + and also that 10,000 doesn't seem that hard to do.

But the Fit Bit keeps me on track... reminds when I need to do just a little bit more to get that minimum in each day.

I have to say that I am afraid of running. I know so many people who have ruined their knees on it. I want to make sure that mine keep working for a long time yet to come! Without them, it could make any kind of exercise more difficult.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #72  

Uh oh. Just licked the bowl after making cupcakes with the kids. Whoops.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #73  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Well, I had WI today, down another .6 lbs and 1.5", and that was with TOM making a dramatic showing on Tuesday. I will take those numbers

I start phase 3 tomorrow, having mixed feelings about it; excited to be that much closer to being on maintenance and worried about maintenance itself.

Has anyone used the meal replacement shakes on phase 3? I can't do the big breakfasts on the work days, so will be doing those mon-fir, and wondered if they were any good.

Congrats to all the losses and NSV for everyone today

I encourage everyone to stick to this program 100% - it works!
You have lost 157 lbs! That is quite remarkable. I am in awe!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #74  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
I don't have a food processor which was my problem
Ah, that would explain the mess. Lol.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #75  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I now have a tool called a Fit Bit. It measures the number of steps I take a day.

I am working on meeting the World Health Organisation's recommendation for good health: walk 10,000 steps a day.

It is amazing both that I can now do this + and also that 10,000 doesn't seem that hard to do.

But the Fit Bit keeps me on track... reminds when I need to do just a little bit more to get that minimum in each day.

I have to say that I am afraid of running. I know so many people who have ruined their knees on it. I want to make sure that mine keep working for a long time yet to come! Without them, it could make any kind of exercise more difficult.
I LOVE my fitbit. Also tracks sleep...I always wear it!
Closed Thread