Who started August 2013? Part II :)

You're on Page 6 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: We are on same pace and I really see the 17 lbs I lost in 4 weeks as amazing. Before IP I was on one diet after another only to gain 10 lbs. I have my 5 wk WI tomorrow and don't expect much loss mainly because I didn't get my veggies or supplements in and I did have a few cups of SmartPop peppered popcorn @ 35 calories per cup (yum). I think you r doing great!

Yes, I agree with all these posts. We are all doing amazing! Just think of where we would be if we didn't start IP at all! For example- I lost 23lbs before going on vacation for a week and totally blowing my diet for 7 days. I ate completely off plan- and I gained 7 lbs! Now, had I not started IP at all, I would have gained 7lbs on top of the 230 I weighed before so I would have been at 237lbs. Instead, I am only 214lbs. So I am still winning this battle! I am now back on plan somewhat- still struggling a bit but I am trying! We just need to keep pushing through no matter what!
  • Quote: I wonder if you and I go to the same coach!!?? My coach was sick at my weigh in last night and I like the woman who filled in too!!! Congrats on ur weight loss and which IP location do u go to in CT??
    Kelli-

I PM'd you. I didn't want to say anything on here.

Michelle
  • Quote: Hey! NO DROP OUTS in the "Augusters" Class! Just get it out of your mind. You are doing GREAT. But you will only CONTINUE to do great if you STICK WITH IT! Come on.......turn that self-defeating self-talk off and GO FOR IT! Repeat after me ....."I WILL STICK WITH IT AND I WILL REACH MY GOAL!"

I second this! I am losing weight slower than some of you and I am thrilled wit my weight loss! I can feel my body geting lighter and am excited about it.. my pants are feeling better - I can fit in to a few pair of pants I haven't been able to in a long time... just keep at.. to me If I can even lose 2 lbs a week or 10 lbs a month I think that is amazing! No Cheats everyone - Have a great day! J
  • Good Morning Everyone! The week just d..r...a...g...s because I don't have my weigh ins until Friday, and I'm anxious to see how I'm doing! Been 100% OP and feelin' strong! Am anticipating a slow-down on the scale - just because I know it's coming sometime and want to be prepared, but as far as how my clothes are fitting, I know I am losing inches. Haven't had to go out and get any new clothes yet though, because I was absolutely STUFFED into them before (as I gained, I refused to buy a larger size), so I had a nuclear mushroom cloud of a muffin top spilling over the tight waistband of my pants. Now, I can easily zip and button my pants and NO muffin top! Quite a difference! And sure makes for a more comfortable day! So, I'd say another 10 lbs or so and I'll be forced to either go 'shopping' in my closet or splurge on something new. Have a wonderful OP day everyone!
  • Quote: You are doing great! Look at it this way: Could you have lost 18 lbs. on Weight Watchers? Or any other diet? Nope! And you are probably down several inches too, which is just as important as the number on the scale. Don't be discouraged -- it's not a competition and you are doing GREAT!
    I am so glad to see that I'm not alone in the fear of slow weightloss LOL!!

And I LOVE this, Rockabillygirl - you are absolutely right, no way did I ever lose 18 lbs in 4 weeks on WW!! Hang in there!!
  • Quote: I am so glad to see that I'm not alone in the fear of slow weightloss LOL!!

And I LOVE this, Rockabillygirl - you are absolutely right, no way did I ever lose 18 lbs in 4 weeks on WW!! Hang in there!!
    There is nothing wrong with "slow". It gives you an opportunity to adjust to the changes in your body. Besides, I agree..."slow" on IP is still fast on any other plan!

See my ticker? See the snail? There is a reason it is there!

It really isn't about the goal, anyway. What do we do when we get there? We learn to maintain it. This is actually HARDER than being on P1. So, it is about the journey.
  • Let's keep rockin' Augusters!! I'm finding renewed energy b/c of the positive support here!!

I know it's hard when it feels slow; I'm especially there now that I've gotten older and it's a little harder to get the weight off. But, I'm really approaching this as, get to maintenance and then MAINTAIN! Lisa is right, maintenance is hard. B/c gosh, in my life I've probably lost more than 400 pounds and several people!! But I haven't been able to keep it off. And, each time I gain back more than I'd previously lost.

So, keeping it slow, real and permanent...
  • I think I've hit a stall this week. The scale just doesn't seem to being moving! Won't know for sure until tomorrow as I use my coach's scale as official. I'm ovulating so I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. Hopefully a good loss this week tho. Getting ready to go visit my bestie and her new baby. Can't wait to get my hands on the baby lol! My bestie texted that she's ready to take a shower longer thN 5 minutes so Nannie Has to watch the baby.
  • Quote: I think I've hit a stall this week. The scale just doesn't seem to being moving!
    nolasmurf - I have had two weeks of seemingly no movement but I am more determined to keep on going! So what, I am still on the program.

I sleep better
    I feel better
    My clothes fit better
    I am happier
    I do not dread waking up to face another day of fat failure

So, slow stalls are OK as long as the needle points in the right direction, just heading down is fine.
    Hang in there and wait for the whoooshhh!
  • Quote: nolasmurf - I have had two weeks of seemingly no movement but I am more determined to keep on going! So what, I am still on the program.

I sleep better
    I feel better
    My clothes fit better
    I am happier

So, slow stalls are OK as long as the needle points in the right direction, just heading down is fine.

Oh I hear ya! Im not giving up, I feel great . I just want that needle to keep moving
  • Quote: Good Morning Everyone! The week just d..r...a...g...s because I don't have my weigh ins until Friday, and I'm anxious to see how I'm doing! Been 100% OP and feelin' strong! Am anticipating a slow-down on the scale - just because I know it's coming sometime and want to be prepared, but as far as how my clothes are fitting, I know I am losing inches. Haven't had to go out and get any new clothes yet though, because I was absolutely STUFFED into them before (as I gained, I refused to buy a larger size), so I had a nuclear mushroom cloud of a muffin top spilling over the tight waistband of my pants. Now, I can easily zip and button my pants and NO muffin top! Quite a difference! And sure makes for a more comfortable day! So, I'd say another 10 lbs or so and I'll be forced to either go 'shopping' in my closet or splurge on something new. Have a wonderful OP day everyone!
    Love your description! It made me chuckle -- and I can relate! My pants are definitely fitting better but I'm afraid to try on ones in my closet that were tight for fear they will still be tight. Strange, know . . .
  • Quote: ...
    I sleep better
    I feel better
    My clothes fit better
    I am happier
    Nicely put. Maybe I should tape this to a mirror. Or to my scale!
  • Quote: nolasmurf - I have had two weeks of seemingly no movement but I am more determined to keep on going! So what, I am still on the program.

I sleep better
    I feel better
    My clothes fit better
    I am happier

You always have the best attitude and outlook Schenectady! Thanks for the pick-me-up!
  • Quote: Had my WI this morning and down 4 pounds. Coach said that was fine but I see so many have dropped more. I am down 18 pounds but really dissapointed that it was not 20 or 25 : ( I am 100 OP

WI's 5/6/3/4

How can I kick it up a notch?
    I really thought 1st month would be big weight loss and the following months slow down.
    4 lbs is amazing!!!
  • I know that I shouldn't compare, but....it's hard not to. I too started in August 28 to be exact. At weigh in yesterday I have lost 9.5 pounds, which is good but definately less than the 3-5 average. I follow the plan and don't cheat, ever. My starting weight was 190lbs. I make sure I eat 3 packets, 8oz lean meat, 4 cups of veggies daily, and drink 80 oz of water. I exercised before IP, but haven't since I started. I just don't have the energy. Any insight would be appreciated, I'm ready to loose this weight! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my rambles!