misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #302  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selly View Post
I think I have mine

I tried a detour bar today - it was yummy but had 17g carbs which seem's to high? I also tried pure protein bar - yuk it was inedible. Has anyone tried a quest bar yet?
I LOVE quest bars! They are delicious, just make sure you get ones that are within IP Protocol (Search for the thread "quest bars as alternatives" it has a list that Lisa put up that has the ones that are within protocol)
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 203.5/188/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
I LOVE quest bars! They are delicious, just make sure you get ones that are within IP Protocol (Search for the thread "quest bars as alternatives" it has a list that Lisa put up that has the ones that are within protocol)
Thanks for the tip I'll do that!
Selly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Hope I can join in this thread?
I started my journey Sept. 27th and have been trucking along pretty easily. I mix IP with alternatives to save on cost. I have found this to be a pretty easy lifestyle change since I started, of course there have been bumps along the way. This weekend I went out to eat for the first and also had company for the weekend to attend our Shrimp Festival on the beach. I got boiled shrimp and salad and so did my husband (he is a great supporter) our company had a 10yr old and a 5 year old, so there was lots of junk food in the house, but I kept my eye on the prize and never wavered. I had my second weigh in yesterday and felt great with a 2.6lb lose, oh and 3 inches off the hips!

I look forward to getting to know all of you better, and helping support in the journey to our new fabulous healthy bodies.
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selly View Post
I think I have mine

I tried a detour bar today - it was yummy but had 17g carbs which seem's to high? I also tried pure protein bar - yuk it was inedible. Has anyone tried a quest bar yet?
Selly are you looking at the net carb number? Net carbs is carbs-fiber=net carbs
Misstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #306  

Default Detour bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Selly are you looking at the net carb number? Net carbs is carbs-fiber=net carbs
Thanks for your post - I had a look at the fibre and it's really low 2g so it probably means it's not a good choice
Old 10-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #307  

I picked up Detour bars & read the label and put them back.
I actually picked up several when I was out-of-town for the weekend, trying to find one I considered workable.
I believe it was the Detour bar that was higher net carbs than I wanted (I've read that others here eat them). Others had soy or aspartame or gluten. I ended up not buying any. My preference is Quest bars, if I eat a bar.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

I had a conference all weekend and was very nervous about ordering food in the dining room with colleagues - that is, until I placed my unusual salad order and one of the conference leaders sitting across from me commented "you must be doing the same diet I've been doing" - and it turns out, she has lost over 50 lbs on IP and is now in Phase 3! It was such a relief!
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #309  

Default Deny our no quest yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I picked up Detour bars & read the label and put them back.
I actually picked up several when I was out-of-town for the weekend, trying to find one I considered workable.
I believe it was the Detour bar that was higher net carbs than I wanted (I've read that others here eat them). Others had soy or aspartame or gluten. I ended up not buying any. My preference is Quest bars, if I eat a bar.
Hi

Thanks I'm going with Quest. I also wanted to say your photos are an inspiration - I feel the most motivated I have in years to lose my weight. Having a baby at 40 really does a number on your body especially number 3! The person in the mirror isn't how I feel inside which is why it's probably taken me so long to make the change. I'm ready to put my best foot forward
Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 160/143/130

Default Hi! New Here!

I've been OP for a little over a month. I'm glad to find this group!

~Kim
alohakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 213.4/198/161

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hello! This is my first post! I have been reading a lot of posts by you all since I began and have really enjoyed the ideas, thoughts, and support! I started sept 24th, 2013, just 3 weeks ago, and have lost 15 lbs.! IP is wonderful! I feel so much better already! The first week was rough, main thing for me was pounding headaches. The 1/4th t. salt in water trick saved me a few times. Headaches still come and go from time to time, but eh,are ok and infrequent. The energy really kicked in this week, I feel like I can go and go and go with no aches and pains anymore! The veggies are sometimes hard to get in bc I was getting a little tired of broccoli, but I have discovered new recipes, and am now in love with zucchini, bean sprouts (omg I made the best dinner tonite; bean sprouts, green onion, shrimp, sesame oil, jalapeņo, splash of soy sauce) kale, spinach in the smoothies, mushrooms, mmm. I don't need to list them all. But I am now a veggie lover and totally enjoy going to HyVee and only needing to zip right through the outskirts, and I love checking out and having them ask me what the produce is. I am an RN, so the main thing for me is to prep the food. Oh, and my coworkers have already noticed!! The first week into it, someone asked, "what are you doing?! You have transformed!" No joke! I guess that's what taking vitamins and drinking lots of water and eating clean does to ya! Anyway, I will post more later! Just wanted to say hello IP family!
Lizzerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #312  
IP currently on hold

S/C/G: 247/213/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in a while - just completed week six; down 25 pounds and 20 3/4 inches. But I have a question - anyone else having TOM issues? I'm generally very regular, like clockwork, and I'm a few days late this month (no, not pregnant). I know weight loss can mess this up with all the estrogen being released from your fat stores. I just kind of want to hear I'm not the only one...
LadyBug315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 173/17o/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow,everyone is doing so well! Looking at your S/C/G inspires me. My week 6 WI is today and I'll have to change my stats too after that.
I see that some ladies have had to buy new bras, I also need to do that. And I've really had to rummage around my closet to find pants that don't hang off of me. I feel so fortunate to have that problem! My goodwill pile is starting to grow. I've decided keep one pair to remind myself how far I've come, but all the rest will be banished forever, regaining weight will NOT be an option for me.
Keep up the good work LOSERS! Ha-ha this is one of the times in my life I want to be a Looser!
Vine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi Lizzerbee, welcome! I too experience the 'what is this' checking out as well! Actually last night I had to pull the jiciamas out of my bag and tell him they were not potatoes. It ended up costing me more-but honesty is key! I also get the 'stocking up on veggies I see!' comment. I never want to sound bratty by saying...'well it's all i eat!'

I had WI6 this AM and lost 4.2 lbs. Love IP. Can't say it enough! No longer tempted to eat anything that isn't OP because I have no desire to loose the steam I've got going! Good luck to all my Sept starters today!

Last edited by ems70508; 10-17-2013 at 10:18 AM.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 180/157/155

Height: 5'9

I started on Sept 24th. So far I've lost around 15lbs. It's that pesky TOM for me and my weight loss has slowed and I'm in such a depressed mood. UGH. I won't cheat, and I don't even want to. It's more like I keep telling myself I could do better if I just ate really healthfully. Which isn't true because that's what I was doing before and I was hitting plateau after plateau. Man, IP is such a head game!!
Ferk is offline   Reply With Quote