Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #61  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well I am just Suzy homemaker today. I made the potato rolls and just finished up some miracle noodle pasta salad.

For the pasta salad I used olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Added green onions and cherry tomatoes. You could add anything you like! ! That's chilling in the frige. Main course tonight is meatloaf if I can find an IP approved recipe. Meatballs if not
Old 08-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #62  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Main course tonight is meatloaf if I can find an IP approved recipe. Meatballs if not
You can use grated zucchini and/or grated cauliflower as a sub for bread crumbs. I use the meatball recipe below and just turn it into meatloaf - extra cooking time is required. I usually put a roasted red pepper puree or a can of sugar free tomato sauce over the top.

1 lb ground turkey or beef
2 Egg Whites
1/4 c dried parsley
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
3/4 c grated zucchini
3/4 c grated cauliflower
1/2 c finely chopped mushrooms or spinach

Mix ingredients together, make into balls. Place on non stick baking sheet & bake at 425 for 20 mins.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #63  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I wanted to share my measurements today. I found it interesting that so far, I've been losing an inch per pound on average. Knowing that is so much more encouraging on those "just a lb down" weeks because it also means, I lost an inch off my body! Although sharing the first set of numbers is hard. I didn't know I was that big! I've lost a total of 41" and 39.8lbs. I'm very interested to see if this trend continues.

Start
Neck 16"
Shoulders 47 1/2"
Chest 46"
Bicep 14 1/2"
Waist 42"
Hips 48 1/2"
Thigh 23 1/2"
Calf 15 1/2"

Current
Neck 13"
Shoulders 43"
Chest 39 1/2"
Bicep 11 1/2"
Waist 32"
Hips 40 1/2"
Thigh 19"
Calf 15 1/2" 14"
Thank you for posting this...I've long suspected other clinics were doing more measurements than mine...I don't have neck, shoulder or calf measurements. I'm still a little disturbed, though. I've lost 35.4 lbs, but am way behind you in inches - 32 for you versus 20.75 for me (I didn't include the neck, shoulder and calf). I'm confused as to why I seem to be so behind everyone else in dropping sizes
Old 08-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #64  
sugar is the devil

This week has been pretty eventful non-diet wise. Kinda stressed - kinda not.

I bought a new-to-me car this week It was a big upgrade from my old car. I purchased 2007 RAV4 from a dealership. I am able to pay it off in full since I've been saving but I decided to take a line of credit from the bank for half of the suv (so I can build up my credit rating).

The other thing - my roommate moved out today. So I'm kinda stressing about finding another roommate or deciding if I want to live solo for a bit. I am able to afford this place by myself but like I said - I'm a saver not a spender. I want my own acreage and horse(s) in my 5 year plan and need to save now, now, now. I did the budget (after calculating rent, internet, etc) and this place is only $150 more a month than what I was spending in my old place a year ago before I moved in with my friend. But now I have a dog, so that's a little costlier. Still doable for me solo but gah I want to save for my future! ...I've been asking my boyfriend to move in with me but I dunno if thats a go since he has commitment issues.

So with rent, monthly car payments back to my line of credit, dog & 2 cats, and trying to put money towards saving... I'm going have to be very budget conscious. At least until I find a roommate if I go that route again - I did post an ad on kijiji to see if there was any interest but I dunno about a total stranger living with me.

I'm still sticking to IP and budgeting for that since this is a priority/must in my life. Not a necessity.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 08-28-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #65  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
This week has been pretty eventful non-diet wise. Kinda stressed - kinda not.

I bought a new-to-me car this week It was a big upgrade from my old car. I purchased 2007 RAV4 from a dealership. I am able to pay it off in full since I've been saving but I decided to take a line of credit from the bank for half of the suv (so I can build up my credit rating).

The other thing - my roommate moved out today. So I'm kinda stressing about finding another roommate or deciding if I want to live solo for a bit. I am able to afford this place by myself but like I said - I'm a saver not a spender. I want my own acreage and horse(s) in my 5 year plan and need to save now, now, now. I did the budget (after calculating rent, internet, etc) and this place is only $150 more a month than what I was spending in my old place a year ago before I moved in with my friend. But now I have a dog, so that's a little costlier. Still doable for me solo but gah I want to save for my future! ...I've been asking my boyfriend to move in with me but I dunno if thats a go since he has commitment issues.

So with rent, monthly car payments back to my line of credit, dog & 2 cats, and trying to put money towards saving... I'm going have to be very budget conscious. At least until I find a roommate if I go that route again - I did post an ad on kijiji to see if there was any interest but I dunno about a total stranger living with me.

I'm still sticking to IP and budgeting for that since this is a priority/must in my life. Not a necessity.
Wow sounds little a busy week. My advice slow down and take it a day at a time. Congrats on the "new" car. Give it a mo th living on your own and see how it goes. If you decide you're lonely or need to save that extra $$ then get another roomie. Maybe bf will change his mind
Old 08-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Good Hump Day to all of you out there in IPLand. I found out this last weekend that my hubby and I are expecting our fourth and hopefully last child. I succeeded in losing 25lbs while on IP, but was not at my goal weight when I received this news. I spoke with a couple of coaches at my clinic and one told me that I could follow Phase 3 of IP, the other said I should follow Phase 4 of IP, and then also gave me a copy of Phase 1 Alternative for suggestions. I am very confused. I really enjoyed how simple Phase 1 was to follow and I knew exactly what to do. I know that I cannot "lose weight" but I do not want to lose the ground I have covered. Please if anyone out there can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.
Immediately to P3 for 1 week to Phase off & then follow Phase 4
Congratulations!
P3 is pretty simple after you get the hang of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Question regarding the potato roll recipe. You add water right? The 2 oz it calls for one package?
Dry package only. Unprepared.
Mine turn out perfectly every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
lisa how do you crockpot a full chicken? I've never done that before. Do you just stuff it in there with nothing? Or do you add water/sauces/spices for something to "cook" in?
I have one of those bigger oval crockpots, so I don't "stuff" it, I just "put" it. You can put whatever spices (lemon pepper or BBQ spices or whatever you like) on the chicken. I don't put in any water. The chicken has enough moisture all by itself. Literally, I just put it in there frozen. So much better than the rotisserie chickens that have been injected with sugars and other carbs & other non-chicken stuff... (make sure you are buying chickens that have not been injected. I buy mine at a farm).

Crockpots are my savior...food in there in the am...dinner ready when I get home from work!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #67  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Dry package only. Unprepared.
Mine turn out perfectly every time!

These are pretty good. A little moist in the middle but I think they are great! Now I'm guessing 3 would be the serving size, since one packet makes three?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Bumming today...... 8th WI, no weight loss, no inch loss....... grrrrrrrrrr TOM is here I guess that is why. I have been OP for everything. Hopefully next week will be a bigger change. Its so frustrating, when I got on the scale this morning it said down 1 1/2 lb since last week, but thats the AM, by the WI at the clinic, no change. Its not a gain so I guess thats good.

Congrats to all the scale and inch winners!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Thank you for posting this...I've long suspected other clinics were doing more measurements than mine...I don't have neck, shoulder or calf measurements. I'm still a little disturbed, though. I've lost 35.4 lbs, but am way behind you in inches - 32 for you versus 20.75 for me (I didn't include the neck, shoulder and calf). I'm confused as to why I seem to be so behind everyone else in dropping sizes
This is 13 weeks of loss too. Everyone looses differently which is such an annoying thing to hear but it's totally true! Age, gender, fitness level, metabolism are all variables that affect both weight and inches lost.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Thanks all for the sweet words. Lisa I def am debating a phase off for a little while just to change it up. But part of me just wants to finish. Im feeling better this evening and hopefully will get over this bump and keep on rolling down. Hugs!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #71  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Plan ahead! Prepare your food ahead.
Know what the meals will be.
Bring things you CAN have
Bring packets, bars, snacks.

I'm always the one who brings a veggie tray (that way it contains OP veggies, instead of carrots and mini tomatoes).
Save your restricteds for events. Don't have them for breakfast.
Only eat select veggies at home. That way you don't have to worry if occasional veggies are served when you are out.

Focus on the people and not on the food.
Remember what we are really gaining and what we are really losing (we're missing out on NOTHING except the lbs falling off of us)

I prepared/planned well in advance for all special events last Fall. If you aren't planned for weekend activities, do it today! Make sure you have all of the products you need to carry out your plans. Give yourself time for cooking/chopping/food prep.
Really great advice, some of it I'd never have thought of! Thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #72  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow, AprilH3, the change in measurements is so impressive! Just as much as what's happening on the scale - you can literally see yourself shrinking! Good for you!

I tried making the cookies out of my chocolate drink mix today from I recipe I found on this site - so yummy as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea! I'm so grateful for all of the recipes people have posted - it really makes me feel less deprived to have such variety and eat foods I like in healthy ways.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #73  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I think I kind of know how you're feeling, though you've been at this longer than I have. When I began, I had hoped to be finished by Christmas this year. That's not looking like it will happen and I am beginning to feel a bit resentful of it. I am working on reshaping my expectations and reforming my attitude, but it seems to be a process. It is starting to feel like a long time now -- lots of vacations spent strictly OP, I have made a spectacle of myself (at least it felt that way) at family get-togethers, I have fake-eaten at weddings with not one OP option, I have sat empty-handed while we took my son out for the annual night-before-school-starts ice cream cone, and last night was our 25th anniversary (of first date, not wedding -- which will be in early January so I will still be on IP for that, too!) and I ordered my regular salad and "water-with-lime." I am starting to keep track and count up the "sacrifices" in my head and feel like I am "owed" being finished sooner. That is not a winning attitude, I know.

Good job staying OP despite the struggle. You are doing so well and are looking so beautiful. You will get there and when you do, all these sacrifices will be worth it. Think of next summer rather than this summer.

I need to go back to thinking of it as a pregnancy (temporary and crucial) as Scorbett used to say. Somehow, it is not feeling all that temporary to me right now . . . but that is just crap. All the benefits I have gained by passing on the worst of choices is well, well worth it.

Hang in there, Sonyasbug! You are an inspiration to so many of us!!
You have done a remarkable job! I hope I can be as resolute! I'm telling myself it's kind of like going through chemo that you know will cure your cancer -- it sucks, you just want it to be over, but you HAVE to do it. (Easy for me to say on day 6!)

Hang in there! It'll be worth it.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #74  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All, crazy work day, just logging on for the first time.. I had my first weight in today, day 6 of IP - as coach going on holidays, and am down 5.6 pounds.. he reviewed my food log and apparently I am not good at following directions, hence maybe why the killer headaches.. I have been making some bad choices for my evening dinner meals and meat I messed up more than a few times with things I thought were ok but def need to read the sheet closer.. he says that is probably why I am not in ketosis yet and still having headaches.. live and learn I will watch my meat selections a lot closer now.. Hope everyone else had a great day.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #75  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Whoo hoo is right!!
Closed Thread