Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #16  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
I'm looking forward to my first WI tomorrow!

I'm wondering -- how detrimental is it to not get in all the food you're supposed to in a day? My work day today will be spent driving from one site to another, with meetings while I'm not driving. So breakfast was no problem, but lunch is going to be hard to work in since I didn't plan ahead well enough. I have my shaker and a yogurt mix so I can probably manage that much, but it's really not feasible to eat a salad while driving! :-)

My coach limited my first week selections so I don't have any bars or easy-to-take IP products.

So, when I fix dinner tonight (stir fry -- yum!!), do I make up the vegetables from lunch or just skip them?

Have a great day, everyone!
Try eating eating every four hours or your body goes into survival mode and starts to store fat which will result in an undesirable weigh-in.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! Yesterday was not a great day, I think I fell out of ketosis a but because I had some of the symptoms again but today I feel much better!
Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Question Ketosis Death Breath

Morning All!!

I'm having an awesome week, and it sounds like most of you are as well!! I'm in anticipation of the long weekend!! Hanging out with the hubby, girls brunch with a good friend sunday, and sleeping in!!

Now, on to my gross, but important, question - DH and I were talking last night, and well... it came out that my breath has become a bit... funky due to the diet. Any tips on how to combat this? I've just ordered some chlorophyll suppliments online (no time to run to the health food store this week), and have stocked up on altoids minis. I'm keeping my coffee at one cup a day, trying to up my water, but I felt so bad that my breath is so funky. Aparently, sometimes he doesn't even want to smooch me. Tips please?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Tuesday I had my first zero on the scale at my weigh-in. I'm just going to keep telling myself I'm retaining water because I have been 100% on plan since 07/04.

Monday I spent the day outside walking at a theme park and stayed on plan the whole day. The security guard opened my purse and saw my EAS Drinks and IP bars and then looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I was on a medically restricted diet and I couldn't eat the food in the park. They don't allow outside food to be brought in, but he let me take mine.

Had steamed veggies from Panda Express while DH ate 2 servings of Orange Chicken, Lo Mein and a soda. He felt sick to his stomach for the next two hours! Ha, ha. One day he'll learn.

Good job at the amusement park! We, too, went to an amusement park. I sat empty-handed while my husband and son had ice cream, candy, and kielbasa. I opted for the unseasoned, grilled kabobs. blick! But at least it was on program! Funny thing was, despite choosing their meal from anything in the park, they didn't like theirs any more than I did -- it really does pay to stay OP . . . the off-program food is not always better tasting. Yay us!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
What's your thoughts on rotisserie chickens (ie. the pre-cooked full chickens you can buy at Safeway)? I haven't had it while I've been in IP. But when I used to have it, I always peeled off the skin and only ate from the white breast meat. You think this would be ok? (I dunno if they add some kind of injectables to the meat - that's why I'm asking). Just would make a quick easy dinner for me one night since I'm getting tired of cooking every day with my busy schedule this week.
I was told by my coach not to eat it as it is often injected with a sugar/honey mixture to make it taste good and there was a lot of carbs. I guess one of her clients had been eating it every day and wasn't loosing any weight and once she stopped she went into ketosis. Just food for thought
Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #21  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning and Happy Hump day.
Been struggling a lot emotionally with the diet. I am managing to stay OP but having a mini pity party for a moment each day. I feel like summer is almost over and I've missed some of the best parts of it. Must buckle down for the last 6 lbs.
I think I kind of know how you're feeling, though you've been at this longer than I have. When I began, I had hoped to be finished by Christmas this year. That's not looking like it will happen and I am beginning to feel a bit resentful of it. I am working on reshaping my expectations and reforming my attitude, but it seems to be a process. It is starting to feel like a long time now -- lots of vacations spent strictly OP, I have made a spectacle of myself (at least it felt that way) at family get-togethers, I have fake-eaten at weddings with not one OP option, I have sat empty-handed while we took my son out for the annual night-before-school-starts ice cream cone, and last night was our 25th anniversary (of first date, not wedding -- which will be in early January so I will still be on IP for that, too!) and I ordered my regular salad and "water-with-lime." I am starting to keep track and count up the "sacrifices" in my head and feel like I am "owed" being finished sooner. That is not a winning attitude, I know.

Good job staying OP despite the struggle. You are doing so well and are looking so beautiful. You will get there and when you do, all these sacrifices will be worth it. Think of next summer rather than this summer.

I need to go back to thinking of it as a pregnancy (temporary and crucial) as Scorbett used to say. Somehow, it is not feeling all that temporary to me right now . . . but that is just crap. All the benefits I have gained by passing on the worst of choices is well, well worth it.

Hang in there, Sonyasbug! You are an inspiration to so many of us!!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #22  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Question for the vets, been dealing with the big C and my only relief seems to be taking a softner. How often do ya'll use them ? About every two days is when I take them. I ve increased my veggies and all but it doesn't seem to help

If you're not having any jicama, try to work it in. It is very high in fiber and usually gives me a good boost when I need it.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #23  

Height: 5'-8"

Okay veterans here is a question for you: We all know that weight loss slows down the closer to your goal. Towards your last 10lbs or so how fast were you loosing on average. I ask b/c I’ve dropped to 0.6-0.8lbs per week. Still good, but time frame is extended and my mind has to accept the new goal date.
The strength is in the mind isn't it.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #24  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
What's your thoughts on rotisserie chickens (ie. the pre-cooked full chickens you can buy at Safeway)? I haven't had it while I've been in IP. But when I used to have it, I always peeled off the skin and only ate from the white breast meat. You think this would be ok? (I dunno if they add some kind of injectables to the meat - that's why I'm asking). Just would make a quick easy dinner for me one night since I'm getting tired of cooking every day with my busy schedule this week.
I have seen my local grocery store deep fry them first for a few minutes, then throw them on the rotisserie to make them cook faster. Usually if something is easier and cheaper than making your own, there always seems to be a catch.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-28-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

Height: 5'7

Default Vitamins

Happy Wednesday everyone!!!!! I have been looking through a few threads but I cannot find the info about supplements/vitamins. Which supplements/vitamins and how much?

Thanks in advance,
Michelle
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #26  
Started IP March 2013

Hit 61.1 pound loss at yesterday's weigh in! That is equal to a second grader! Feeling good and was told hair will return thicker. Never dreamed I could do this and continue to work to figure out non food or alcohol celebration.

Today's posts from Sonyashump and Sylviesgirls are amazing honest. I think many of us get those feelings and its the hard part. I just encourage you to ride the tide of those emotions and carve out an hour a week of me time to really think of why you want this weight loss.

Hope everyone has great day and that the temptations we face today are the basis of bragging tonight !
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #27  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Now, on to my gross, but important, question - DH and I were talking last night, and well... it came out that my breath has become a bit... funky due to the diet. Any tips on how to combat this? I've just ordered some chlorophyll suppliments online (no time to run to the health food store this week), and have stocked up on altoids minis. I'm keeping my coffee at one cup a day, trying to up my water, but I felt so bad that my breath is so funky. Aparently, sometimes he doesn't even want to smooch me. Tips please?

Thanks!

My husband says I have 'diet' breath.. sometimes here they call it 'dragon' breath... lol I wish I could help you because my husband has also said the same thing about kissing me... it doesn't seem to matter how much mouth wash I gargle, listerine strips I take.. dragon breath... I think I can almost taste it!

On a brighter note my husband gave me a compliment last night... he said that since I started the diet I look healthier and my skin was better. He said that he now feels like he's aging and I'm getting younger! (He just turned 39 and I will be 40 in Nov) Now coming from my husband that is a compliment.. he rarely give any compliments, so I know he's not just humoring me! The funny thing is we had this conversation while I was dividing my vitamins into containers for the week... lol He looked at me and asked why I didn't just get those pill containers like the old people do and it would fit into my purse better.. lol So thoughtful

Hope everyone is having a great hump day!

Last edited by FrostyBobber; 08-28-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #28  
Started IP 8/5/2013

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I've been lurking on the forum for the past few weeks now and figured it's finally time for me to post. I'm Lauren and my boyfriend did ideal protein with alternates for about a year and lost 100 pounds from 260 to 160. Part of the reason he was up at 260 was that I just finished pastry school. That helped me put on a bit of weight as well so I thought I'd give IP a go. I'm on my fourth week and have lost 7 lbs which is almost half of my 15-20 lb goal. As a chef, the diet has actually been kind of fun, trying to game the system to what you can make taste like other things, ie Big Mac bowl with rutabaga fries. I've discovered some great veggie prep suggestions, and possible IP friendly confections that I'm going to share in a separate post as soon as I get some decent pictures and experimentation time in.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #29  

Height: 6'

Hi all, Just wanted to check in before I leave on my trip. The Phase off is going well. I'm amazed that the scale doesn't show a 10 lb gain with all of the food that I'm eating. LOL. I'm looking forward to exploring french cuisine and wine but also think I will be OK with eating fairly OP when I can. I will not look at this as a free for all but a short detour from my main goal of dropping 90 lbs. Again, once those plane tires hit the ground, back to Phase 1 with gusto! Take care everyone!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #30  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayondisaster View Post
Hi all, I've been lurking on the forum for the past few weeks now and figured it's finally time for me to post. I'm Lauren and my boyfriend did ideal protein with alternates for about a year and lost 100 pounds from 260 to 160. Part of the reason he was up at 260 was that I just finished pastry school. That helped me put on a bit of weight as well so I thought I'd give IP a go. I'm on my fourth week and have lost 7 lbs which is almost half of my 15-20 lb goal. As a chef, the diet has actually been kind of fun, trying to game the system to what you can make taste like other things, ie Big Mac bowl with rutabaga fries. I've discovered some great veggie prep suggestions, and possible IP friendly confections that I'm going to share in a separate post as soon as I get some decent pictures and experimentation time in.
Welcome glad to have you with us. I, too, lurked for weeks before jumping in. As you have probably discovered this forum is a life saver for many of us. Don't know what I would do without all of the friendly encouraging people on here. Looking forward to your food sharings!
Closed Thread