Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #31  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm going to go through the recipe threads again but does anyone have a recipe for a cake-like cupcake or whatever? I prefer vanilla over chocolate so anything with vanilla pudding or the drink mix would be great. It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I know they'll have cake and stuff at work so I'd like to bring something for me to have - crazy, I know but I'm committed to stay OP, even on my birthday

Jo

Hey Jo!

I just uploading a "cupcake" type recipe in THIS thread (post #99) that may work for your birthday treat! It may just even give you a jumping point to create something like it that will work for you too.

Last edited by thecircleguru; 08-24-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #32  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Having a rough day today. For the last 1.5 weeks I have been waking up with bad back pain. I'm not sure if it's my kidneys but I'm tired of the pain. It's so painful in the morning that I have a hard time bending over. My weight hasn't really changed this week either - so I wondering if I'm retaining water due to kidney issues - would make sense right? Anyone else have kidney issues while on IP? I'm curious!

PS... I told the lady (training RN) I saw at my last WI about my pain but she didn't tell my regular coach (an RN) about it I think.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Happy Saturday.
I've had a rough couple weeks and wanted to share one experience with everyone. Lately I've been thinking a lot about the last few pounds I have to lose and if that will be enough to change the look of my stomach (flatter). I decided to have a consultation for a tummy tuck. Who would know better than a professional? For me, at first, I was very sad after the appt. His opinion was that what remains is all skin...2-4 lbs worth. I was hoping he would think there was still some fat there to lose as my loose skin is pretty yucky to me. I am proud of myself for all I've accomplished thus far but disappointed that I've done this to myself. It was a rough day or two for me emotionally. My decision for now is to make goal, phase off, then commit to toning. Maybe next year I'll try a second opinion. I wouldn't trade where I am noefor where I was. I'm accepting and moving forward.

Last edited by Sonyasbug; 08-24-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Also, your self-talk probably needs to change. We have taught ourselves to "use" food as a reward, to soothe, to celebrate, etc.

To stay OP over the long-haul, we figure out a way!
Yup, this is me right now, on week 2 and realizing how much of my social life is connected to food - going out to dinner with friends, having people over for meals, going for cocktails, walking around town while having some ice cream....Yikes! I need a new social life! I don't want to become a hermit, but at this point I don't feel ready to go out and resist all those temptations that were a very normal part of my experience before starting IP! Hopefully once I am used to eating this way I will have less and less cravings and will be able to integrate back into that world successfully! And of course find some other things to do that don't involve eating and drinking.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #35  
Journey On

S/C/G: 240.0/240.0/150

Height: 5'6"

Love reading these daily threads, I learn so much. To those with losses this week: to those who are struggling, : for the coming days to get back on track!

Did my averaging for the week and from my ticker I am down 9 lbs. (although I do hate the rounding off: ticker should read 230.6). Not all of that is from IP though; 3 lbs were from doing other stuff. I still did great for my first week on IP. Last night for DDs birthday I did have a small piece of cake, oh well, dust off and get back on track with the next bite of food that goes in.

I used to just say things like "oh well, I already ate _____ and I shouldn't have, so I may as well just keep going and start again tomorrow". Now it's start again with the very next bite of food that goes in my mouth. That alone is a HUGE change for me!!

Happy rest of the weekend everyone!

~theresa~

Last edited by Gr8by48; 08-24-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning all!

Question, I have been getting lots of bruises, I bumped my arm at work yesterday and now its a bruise the size of a baseball! Most of them are small, I have always been some form of anemic, being a vegetarian. Before IP I did take an iron supplement or a mulitvit with iron. I've lost 20 lbs so I dont think its a skin/ collagen issue, maybe but I think iron?? I do eat alot of broccoli and spinach but I think I need to add an iron supplement. If I can remember to take it at lunch, it wont interfere with the IP chemistry will it?
First, there is no magic IP chemistry. This is something the reps of IP say to sell you the overpriced food. There is chemistry in the low carb approach as long-term low carbing can have negative effects on your body besides the positive effects you desire.

Since you know about iron, start there. I would also go to a doctor for a complete check-up. That way you know what is deficient and by how much.

There could be an issue with connective tissue and collagen, but please do not go and drink collagen drinks, because this will not help. Collage is secreted by cells where it is needed. Hydrolyzed collagen does nothing to a deficency in your skin's collagen. It is just another money maker for certain companies that sell supplements. Collagen synthesis requires vitamin C. Start there.

If a doctor is not an option, take a good supplement and see whether the bruising goes away within a month.

Otherwise:

Do you take medication that can cause bleeding or bruising, such as aspirin or blood thinners (anticoagulants)? Since you lost weight, amounts you take may need to be readjusted.

Nutritional deficiencies, such as deficiencies of vitamins B12, C, or K, or folic acid can lead to bruising. Long-term low carbing may also affect your thyroid hormones and that can affect how your body absorbs vitamins. Often vitamin deficiencies and thyroid hormone deficiencies go hand in hand. Most people are B12 deficient when middle-aged and also vitamin D deficient (vit D has no effect on bruises).

Liver/gallbladder function: Low carb diets may affect liver function, likely related to hypothyroidism. Related to that low bile formation can also occur and this will affect how nutrients are absorbed. It can contribute to deficiencies. If you have digestive issues, maybe look into it.

Inflammation of a blood vessel (vasculitis). I have had this likely due to hypothyroidism. I bruised easily and had blood vessels burst under the skin. I take Ashwagandha root and Rhodiola rosea extract as supplements to balance adrenal glands and thyroids.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Lolo70 Thanks for the info. I had a physical in June, blood and thyroid was normal. My LFT's were perfect, cholesterol was 114, iron was at 12 so at the low end. I dont take any meds, rarely an ibuprofen or Zyrtek. Before IP I was taking a multi vit with iron and calcium with D3. I guess I will add iron to lunch , B12 and a C? The clinic insists on buying the IP vit, cal mag, potassium and omega. I think I will go back to my reg better quality vitamin and tell them "oh I bought them last week" and see how that goes.

On another note, I made a fabulous stirfry with tofu, zucchini, brocoli, red peppers and mushrooms, with cajun seasonings. mmmmmm and had a "mock" margarita....... water with a heavy dose of lime juice, a bit of stevia on the rocks, in the margarita glass..... mmmmmm it was all about the glass..lol.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

Happy Saturday everyone! Just woke up from a fitful afternoon nap (IP makes me SO tired and yet I can't sleep!) after doing the Parade of Homes for most of the day. The heat really saps my energy and it's worse on IP. Plus TOM... I am just beat and having the headache from ****. Drank a water with NUUN and it's helping.

Does anyone know if they are discontinuing Muscle Milk Light? Muscle Milk came out with another drink called Evolve that is comparable in calories but NOT in carbs. I can't find my precious MML lately and the IP drinks are just not as rich-tasting to me. I have EAS so I'm not completely lost but I strong prefer MML.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day! Lisa, I hope your back starts feeling better, I love to see you burning it up on MFP!
Everyone else, congrats on your losses, and strength to those of us that are struggling today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I'm going to go through the recipe threads again but does anyone have a recipe for a cake-like cupcake or whatever? I prefer vanilla over chocolate so anything with vanilla pudding or the drink mix would be great. It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I know they'll have cake and stuff at work so I'd like to bring something for me to have - crazy, I know but I'm committed to stay OP, even on my birthday

Jo

Funny you ask because I just tried an IP recipe I found for "Chocolate Mug Cake" last night! And I was sort of dissapointed, but also sort of happy with it. It was cake like but boy did I make a mess of the mug. It inflates like crazy and spills all over the plate, then deflates to a tiny little pile of chocolate. I slapped some WF marshmallow dip on it and went to town. It's unrestricted and does it's job!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

[/QUOTE] [Funny you ask because I just tried an IP recipe I found for "Chocolate Mug Cake" last night! And I was sort of dissapointed, but also sort of happy with it. It was cake like but boy did I make a mess of the mug. It inflates like crazy and spills all over the plate, then deflates to a tiny little pile of chocolate. I slapped some WF marshmallow dip on it and went to town. It's unrestricted and does it's job![/QUOTE]

I tried the Chocolate mug cake tonight. I agree it was a little disappointing. The cake came out a little rubbery for my liking. I think maybe adding more water would help but I am not sure.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Does anyone know if they are discontinuing Muscle Milk Light? Muscle Milk came out with another drink called Evolve that is comparable in calories but NOT in carbs. I can't find my precious MML lately and the IP drinks are just not as rich-tasting to me. I have EAS so I'm not completely lost but I strong prefer MML.
I found websites that seem to have it in RTD and powder

http://www.cytosport.com/products/mu...ready-to-drink

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3303077

hope that helps
Old 08-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #41  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

A frustrating sort of NSV for me... None of my t-shirts fit me anymore! I know I should be excited, but it was frustrating when I couldn't find anything to wear to a work event tonight. I was so happy about wearing my new one size smaller jeans, then disappointed with the bagginess of my shirts. (I literally tried on about 7 different shirts). Finally, in the deep dark corner of my dresser I found a wrinkled t-shirt that didn't look too bad.

I was hoping to wait a little bit longer to buy some new clothes, but I guess the timing is good as my local thrift shop is having half price day on Monday. I didn't realize how baggy my shirts were because I like to be comfy at work and be able to move around while treating clients, but sporty definitely wasn't the look I was going for tonight.

Now that the night is over, I am able to laugh and be happy, but boy was I upset!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Bodybuilding.com has all muscle milk light
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I called muscle milk and they told me they are still making it. They were behind for a little while but should be in stores soon.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

All this talk about the mug cake made me decide to try it. Well, I didn't have any drink mixes, only RTD. Big mistake!! I didn't work. Much too watery. It was warm chocolate soup. Which, you know, wasn't too bad, but it wasn't cake! Lol. Need to add chocolate drink packet to my shopping list next week.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #45  
sugar is the devil

Passed on the chocolates at work today! 2 weeks ago, I would have ate 2-3 of those little buggers. Whoot !
Closed Thread