Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #46  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmomma78 View Post
Tupperware also has a fridge smart system which allows air flow into the container. These work like a charm! Spinach stays fresh for weeks!
That's what she got me!! I call them crispers because that's what my mom's were called way back when! I love them! And I love the pictures on the sides showing you what you can put in together. The bottom shelf of my fridge is now filled with precut and washed veggies, waiting to be eaten!

Other good news for the day; I went to the Metro in the next town over from me and they had Walden Farms items!! They were out of BBQ sauce which was a bummer, but I got the mayo to make chicken salad lettuce wraps, and Italian and thousand islands dressing! I was reading about Big Mac in a bowl yesterday, so that will be my dinner tomorrow. Too bad I already took my chicken out of the freezer this morning. They also had the apple butter, marshmallow fluff stuff, and a fruit dip...What do people use them for?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #47  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

The fruit dip is really good on the crispy cereal pancakes. I've never tried the apple butter, but I bet it would be good on them too. I've added the marshmellow fluff to some of the shakes, and it adds a different flavor to help mix it up a little. I bet jicama would be good dipped in the fruit dip, or the apple butter. I might have to look in to getting some apple butter. I haven't seen it anywhere around here.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #48  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
The fruit dip is really good on the crispy cereal pancakes. I've never tried the apple butter, but I bet it would be good on them too. I've added the marshmellow fluff to some of the shakes, and it adds a different flavor to help mix it up a little. I bet jicama would be good dipped in the fruit dip, or the apple butter. I might have to look in to getting some apple butter. I haven't seen it anywhere around here.
I was thinking about the apple butter on some rhubarb with cinnamon, but I haven't had rhubarb since I was a kid, and I don't remember what it tastes like or if I like it.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #49  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPsupport View Post
Hi guys

Not sure where to post this, but am looking for some Help. I did Ideal Protein earlier this year and lost 30 pounds, I've taken a break and got into some serious exercise about 6 to 8 1 hr workouts a week and love it, I'm really hoping to complete a 10km by November. My wieght loss has slowed down and I'm fighting hard to stay away from sugar etcs and would like to go back on IP, does any one know about working out on Phase 1 any feedback would be great!!!

Thanks and everyone keep up the great work.

Sarah
Hi IP,

I found the athelete's protocol. It is athelete's protocol here!

Annik
Old 08-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #50  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I call them crispers because that's what my mom's were called way back when! I love them! And I love the pictures on the sides showing you what you can put in together. The bottom shelf of my fridge is now filled with precut and washed veggies, waiting to be eaten!
I used to call the drawers in my fridge 'rotters' because I usually forgot about the fruit and veggies I put in them. Everything would then rot!

Not so much on IP where I am really following a good regime of steady healthy veggie intake! Better planning = better use = very few times that my veggies go bad!

Annik
Old 08-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #51  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I used to call the drawers in my fridge 'rotters' because I usually forgot about the fruit and veggies I put in them. Everything would then rot!

Not so much on IP where I am really following a good regime of steady healthy veggie intake! Better planning = better use = very few times that my veggies go bad!

Annik
Me, too!! I still find I am going to the grocery store twice a week because I haven't gotten the hang of how much veggies I will need for the week. And it varies weekly depending on if my husband wants the same veggies as me with his dinner or not. But at least this way I can feel safe to buy extras when they are on sale, and not worry about throwing them out into the green bin! I have stopped buying fruit except for bananas now, because it all ends up being wasted. Now that I have my new containers, one drawer in my fridge is empty, and the other has a tomato and a red onion in it. lol perhaps that is where I will store my husbands yogurt, milk and cheese from now on.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-06-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
I've spent about 30 frustrating minutes trying to search for a recipe for roasted cauliflower for dinner tonight. Can someone help me out and either post it here or provide a link?

Thanks!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/f...ipe/index.html

and hello everyone else grats on the WI and the losing and staying focused and OP

I'm eating real eggs for breakfast instead of IP's ones today...and i added frozen veggies but i had to pull out all the carrots lol...i love eggs. i am glad my coach said "go for it" when i asked about just eating real eggs instead of the IP package eggs weeeee.....

hope everyone had a good rest of the day

PS: FLASunshine...you look beautiful in your dress D:
Old 08-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 177.8/155/150

Height: 5"10

Good afternoon!
So i officially made it through my first long weekend on IP. (BC day here in Canada) I did not cheat which was great BUT I was not OP. I did not get my water or regular meals into me. I would basically have breakfast and then my animal protein for dinner. I wish it was as easy to structure your meals on weekends as it is on weekdays! Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve for staying OP over the weekends (I have very busy weekends) thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #54  

I have a general question re IP. Is there anywhere on the forum with a overall protocol for the various phases listed in one place? I don't find my coach to be extremely helpful and the written materials aren't comprehensive. For instance - I have never been told how much time between meals other than breakfast to lunch - 4 to 5 hours and stop eating two hours before bed. It's been mentioned in general four hours between meals, but what is the minimum and maximum amount of time between meals?

Today I feel crappy, sore throat and couldn't lift my head off the pillow until noon. There is no way I can eat three meals and snack spaced far enough apart... I think. If I eat two hours apart, does that work? I can't find the answer. I don't want to mess up. Again, any ideas for an overall protocol sheet too?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkmeplease View Post
Good afternoon!
So i officially made it through my first long weekend on IP. (BC day here in Canada) I did not cheat which was great BUT I was not OP. I did not get my water or regular meals into me. I would basically have breakfast and then my animal protein for dinner. I wish it was as easy to structure your meals on weekends as it is on weekdays! Anyone have any tricks up their sleeve for staying OP over the weekends (I have very busy weekends) thanks!
GRATS on not cheating, i know its hard when others are pigging out soo good work

It is easy to structure your meals lol get stuff you can take on the go with you (RTD or Eat items) or bars/chips....

invest in some BPA free water bottles (i just picked up some hydroflasks..they keep the water cooollllddd and yummy and one for my coffeee so its hot and ip friendly)...

Just a lil bit of planning will help you stay on track ...its what you have to be willing to do forever now...

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-06-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #56  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Well I will take it day by day and hopefully won't have to have bread, etc again. I find though, when I get nauseous I do not even want to think about the IP foods!! Ugh. Kinda a vicious circle! Haha!

I'm afraid the only way you are going to get into ketosis is to stick it out for a day or two and not give in to the carb cravings. I know it can be scary and it feels horrible, but that is all part of the process. Your body has become accustomed to burning simple carbs. When it "looks around" and doesn't see any, it changes your body chemistry to cause cravings and induce you to consume those simple carbs. If you ignore those cravings, the body chemistry continues to be "off" and gets even more "off" for a while, hence the headaches, hot flashes, shakes, uncontrollable hunger, etc. This is your body telling you to eat something easy for it to process. Eventually, if you do not eat something easy for it to process (ie, simple carbs), your body will be forced to begin processing your body fat for energy. That big switch will not happen unless you force it to by withstanding your body's call for carbs for a couple of days. Once your body relents and switches over to burning body fat (which is ketosis), you will not feel bad at all anymore. Now, dig in and do it -- you won't regret it!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #57  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
I have a general question re IP. Is there anywhere on the forum with a overall protocol for the various phases listed in one place? I don't find my coach to be extremely helpful and the written materials aren't comprehensive. For instance - I have never been told how much time between meals other than breakfast to lunch - 4 to 5 hours and stop eating two hours before bed. It's been mentioned in general four hours between meals, but what is the minimum and maximum amount of time between meals?

Today I feel crappy, sore throat and couldn't lift my head off the pillow until noon. There is no way I can eat three meals and snack spaced far enough apart... I think. If I eat two hours apart, does that work? I can't find the answer. I don't want to mess up. Again, any ideas for an overall protocol sheet too?

Thanks!
The links to the protocol sheet are in the first post of each daily thread. Here is a link for the protocols just to save you time.

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. Perhaps you are getting sick? As far as grazing vs. spacing out your eating, the answer varies depending on the person. You will have to see what works for you. Many people split up their food for the day and eat more often. Many people swear by spacing their eating out at least 4 hours. Hopefully, more people will chime in on this. For me, I know I usually have a better week (WI-wise) if I space out 4 hours or so. However, sometimes I just don't have the struggle in me and I'll have my lunchtime veggie a bit late to shorten up the afternoon for myself.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I fixed shrimp scampi for dinner. Fantastic http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/ web sight has pictures and recipes. Hope everyone had a great day.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #59  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

ShrinkingSusie,
I just posted this in another thread and through I would post for you here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
For my fruit cravings, I cook 8 cups rhubarb with 1/2 cup water, generous amount of pumpkin pie spices, 2 tsp vanilla, and 8-10 packets of stevia. I boil on the stove for about 10-15 minutes, until the rhubarb starts to break down, and then I add 4-6 tbsp WF raspberry fruit spread (the jam, not the syrup) & 2 knox gelatine packets and turn off the stove. This makes 8 1/2 cup servings (it usually cooks down by about half, I measure it out to be sure) of veggies that taste JUST like fruit. When it cools, it has a pudding/thick jello consistency. So yummy. I am eating it now.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

I would for the first week, if you are that sick and can't stick 100%, try a few almonds or walnuts or a half a cup of sugar free yogurt. The flu-like symptoms are normal and do go away. Drink alot of H2O and take a lick of your sea salt!
Closed Thread